Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton)

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Fat_green_belly":2o0p0jd5 said:
The Doctor":2o0p0jd5 said:
Let's just clear one thing up. Fox took the first free-kick that Bradley scored from, not Carey. Didn't he?
Yep my mistake if your referring to me. Foxy took the free kick for the first and GC10 the second.
I dont take notes its all done by memory and im getting older and the old brain dont function so well.
And i was a tired and worn out old boy last night after all that excitement.
Your going to have to allow for some errors im afraid. :thumbup:

This wasnā€™t targeted at you at all F-G-B (you must just have a guilty conscience). I cam home from the game thinking Fox had taken the free-kick only to keep reading people saying that Carey had set up both goals etc. and I started to think I was going mad. The Northampton newspaper website match report reassured me that I was correct and I thought it important to point out so that Mr Carey didnā€™t get ALL of the credit!

Lesley Somerville

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree they were awful - how on Earth did they beat Oxford?? Just goes to show...something.....funny old game and all that. I thought all the players put in a shift. Toums has made a massive difference to our game, just what we needed in terms of experience and class so credit to DA for bringing him in. If we can get a striker during the window I'll feel a lot more optimistic. I'm never going to be a fan of DA's style of football but if he can turn things around after such a poor start he will have my albeit grudging admiration.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Steve Evans":3jih2opu said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":3jih2opu said:
Ghost":3jih2opu said:
Steve Evans":3jih2opu said:
abysmal spectacle with northampton one of the poorest side i have seen in years.on this showing these two sides and two others are down.two good deliveries by graham and two well placed headers by sonny.these were the main highlights!i don't normally rate sarcevic but i thought he did well tonight.my ratings;

Remi Matthews - 6
Gary Sawyer - 7
Yann Songo'o - 6
Sonny Bradley - 6
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 5
Antoni Sarcevic - 6
Tounami Diagouraga - 2
David Fox - 7
Graham Carey - 7
Joel Grant - 3
Jake Jervis - 5

Max Childs - unused
Gary Miller - unused
Ruben Lameiras - unused
Gregg Wylde - unused
Lionel Ainsworth - n/a
Alex Fletcher - n/a
Nadir Ciftci - unused

If you didn't attend the game, you should not be giving out player ratings. And you Sir, did NOT attend the game last night.
If, on the extremely slim chance that you did attend, you spent the whole 90 mins, plus stoppage time with your head planted well and truly up your 'arris.[/quot

:):)
i did attend the game,and i do not profess to "know" anything about the sport.however,i,along with everyone else,was invited on the Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) page to summarise and my report is how i saw it. :D

In which case maybe your guide dog can do the write up of the next home game. No offence like

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve, there are opinions and there are opinions.

Giving Toumani a 2 is akin to claiming S Club 7 are a more accomplished musical act than the Beatles.

You have to have a complete nightmare to 'achieve' a 2. You've already stated the absurdity of starting TD over Lameiras, so I can't help but think you have something against our superb new midfielder.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
biggsy!no malice against toumani.i just don't rate the gentleman.if 2 = a 'mare i think he had one against oxford,mind you who didn't?,and against northampton.he has clearly been an excellent footballer but i just think he has had his day.i will be ready to offer him praise if my eyes see an improvement and i offer my judgement of antoni against the cobblers as balance.i have never rated sarcevic but i think he played well last night.as i say,no malice against toumani i just think ruben offer loads more. :thumbup:

Tynan One Nil

šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 23, 2013
Last night Toumani again kept it simple and played it largely short and on the floor, keeping possession.Not particularly mobile granted and unfortunately that isnā€™t likely to change, but a definite factor in our upturn in form. A good signing.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Steve Evans":f0lta2pm said:
biggsy!no malice against toumani.i just don't rate the gentleman.if 2 = a 'mare i think he had one against oxford,mind you who didn't?,and against northampton.he has clearly been an excellent footballer but i just think he has had his day.i will be ready to offer him praise if my eyes see an improvement and i offer my judgement of antoni against the cobblers as balance.i have never rated sarcevic but i think he played well last night.as i say,no malice against toumani i just think ruben offer loads more. :thumbup:

I think he can look a little pedestrian, but he brings a cool head to the midfield. I don't know if you are a rugby fan but Richard Hill used to do all the tidying up for the England team when they won the World Cup. Largely unnoticed but always in the right place. Toums strikes me as that type of player---nothing spectacular but marshals those around him and helps the team keep their shape. I would also like to see Lameiras given a chance as on the very limited view I have had of him he looks to have a degree of skill and vision largely lacking in the team. I don't think DA will give him a chance unless there are injuries as he is trying to grind out results at the moment and probably sees the likes of Lameiras and Fletcher as high risk options. Shame really as I think these two plus Wylde could have done a job on Northampton in the last 20/25 minutes.

Feb 2, 2007
Saw Toums against Shrewsbury and Rochdale and way before in a game for Brentford, but canā€™t remember who they were playing. Heā€™s a great acquisition in my opinion and has bought the steel to our central midfield that we desperately needed in lieu of having a decent striker and mobile full backs. He compensates a lot for our limited team and does the simple things week and covers box to box. Giving the opposition little hope of dominating central mid. They then have to go down the sides where the full backs have been told to sit back and struggle to break us down. Even Bradford were mainly restricted to long rangers.

I just canā€™t believe I am reading criticism of him here when he has done such an effective job.

Well done Derek for bringing him in too.

Aug 8, 2014
Not just Derek who deserves praise but also Brent for once again funding decent potentially season saving players. Toums and Matthews won't be a cheap options

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
elburtontrev":3sobmh7j said:
Not just Derek who deserves praise but also Brent for once again funding decent potentially season saving players. Toums and Matthews won't be a cheap options

There's also the signing of Letheren. Many fans were surprised we needed a third keeper but Letheren played his part in the early stages of the good run we are currently on in the games against Shrewsbury and Blackburn.

It will be interesting to see if finances or time allow for a mid season break to Spain this season.

Jan 3, 2013
nick_PASTIE":o6e1sz8a said:
Saw Toums against Shrewsbury and Rochdale and way before in a game for Brentford, but canā€™t remember who they were playing. Heā€™s a great acquisition in my opinion and has bought the steel to our central midfield that we desperately needed in lieu of having a decent striker and mobile full backs. He compensates a lot for our limited team and does the simple things week and covers box to box. Giving the opposition little hope of dominating central mid. They then have to go down the sides where the full backs have been told to sit back and struggle to break us down. Even Bradford were mainly restricted to long rangers.

I just canā€™t believe I am reading criticism of him here when he has done such an effective job.

We have been dominated in central midfield by the opposition in every game I've seen this Season!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Knarf Reprah":vwu8r3v7 said:
nick_PASTIE":vwu8r3v7 said:

We have been dominated in central midfield by the opposition in every game I've seen this Season!
i agree.get lameiras in there derek!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Steve Evans":1xu867x5 said:
Knarf Reprah":1xu867x5 said:
nick_PASTIE":1xu867x5 said:

i agree.get lameiras in there derek!

He is neat and easy on the eye, but I do not see him as a ball winner. Fox is the great cover man in front of the back four. Toums drives forward from midfield, but is Lamerias the great ball winner. I fear not IMHO

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
The players who do the simple things well, are those that have the greatest impact on your team. Remember Conor - slated by many for passing it sideways oh how we wish he was still wearing green and going sideways now. To a lesser extent Steve Adams was often crucified by supporters, but adored by Sturrock as he could see his value to the team.

Toums isn't going to skip down the wing, beat 3 before unleashing a curler into the corner, that's not his role, its akin to asking why Carey isn't winning headers in our box when we are defending corners.

Unfortunately i wasn't there Tuesday, i live in Northants, consequently decided to tune into local radio for the coverage, two very level headed guys, who saw the game as fairly even, but Argyle were more clinical and deserved their victory, at the end of the game they discussed how Bradley was probably MOM because of his goals, but if they could take one player out of the Argyle side they both agreed Toums, who in their words "totally controlled the midfield" and "didn't put a foot wrong all night" one of the commentators was Gareth Willsher who works directly for the Cobblers, always a greater insight to hear what the opposition think, they rarely have preconceived idea's or favourites when they watch the game.