Brief synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Retweeted by David Weeks
Gordon Sparks @SparksyOnRadio · 4h

John Sheridan says he still wants to add 2 players (permanent or loan) and will speak to the chairman about it. #pafc

John Sheridan has one player in mind who he'd like to sign who has been having a regular pre-season #pafc

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was a very good work out for Argyle, and ironically, I thought the team played more securely when Swansea had a stronger eleven on the pitch in the first half, when Argyle had much less possession, yet all the Swans had to show for it was a scruffy goal given away by McCormick not holding the ball tightly on the ground.

I though Hartley was a bit slow and gave away the ball whilst in possession purely because he was too slow in passing it. He may get away with it in League 2. McHugh is a very tidy player but I would not like to see him play as a CB because he has no commanding height. I thought he was allright as a LB. I have seen better, but he had a Premiership player against him. I just feel Div 2 players will be less elusive.

It was good to see Banton really up for the game and oozed some class for Argyle as did Cox. I thought Norburn was sound but he did not show on the night the offensive quality of the recent departed Hourihane. Reid was a disappointment but he had little service to his feet, and in the air he was totally dominated by the Premiership class of Flores and Williams. I felt he looked fitter and faster on his feet. We cannot be too hard on him.

I would liked to have seen Thomas start in lieu of Morgan but overall I felt Argyle showed a lot of promise. I hope I am proved correct come next May.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Steve.PAFC2012":3b5y70hp said:
Retweeted by David Weeks

John Sheridan says he still wants to add 2 players (permanent or loan) and will speak to the chairman about it. #pafc

John Sheridan has one player in mind who he'd like to sign who has been having a regular pre-season #pafc

Luke Young? :lol:

It'll be interesting to see what positions. I don't think we desperately need another player in any position but cover in either full-back position, cover on the wings and perhaps another option up front are all possibilities.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Is Matt Lecointe going the same way as Luke Young as I didn't see him on the bench yesterday? He is after all a local lad.
I didn't rate Marvin Morgan at all yesterday and wasn't even worth a place on the bench going by his efforts yesterday.
I notice that John Sheridan has already started to play players out of position for example Lewis Alessandra and Harvey Tyler. They are both strikers and if played as such the goals may come. :furious:

Aug 28, 2012
soccerpilgrim":29h67t7z said:
Steve.PAFC2012":29h67t7z said:
Retweeted by David Weeks

It'll be interesting to see what positions. I don't think we desperately need another player in any position but cover in either full-back position, cover on the wings and perhaps another option up front are all possibilities.

Jamie Richards ? :thumbup:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
soccerpilgrim":2gehqjyy said:
Mike Greening":2gehqjyy said:
Is Matt Lecointe going the same way as Luke Young as I didn't see him on the bench yesterday?

I think he's starting against Bideford on Tuesday instead.

Thats Flaming disgusting if true. He was under eighteen player for England FFS. :furious:

Apr 30, 2011
soccerpilgrim":2up4x60x said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2up4x60x said:
Retweeted by David Weeks

I wonder if we could get Jack Stephens in on loan? I dont think he is anywhere near Saints 1st team and he could provide depth any where across back 4 or in centre midfield. They would probably want a L1 club to send him to though.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
HarlHM":3cuzl51t said:
I had to leave 10 minutes early ( :furious: :wtf: - I know :lol: ) as I had 5-a-side, but what I took from the game was:

Hartley & Nelson are so very clearly an excellent League Two partnership.

Cox & Norburn, while over-run at times today (system's fault? Not their's), are both very adept at winning the ball, and they can both more than play too. I really, really like the look of Ollie. We all knew what LC would bring.

McHugh had a lax first half (as did most in Green (white? :roll: )) to be fair, but improved considerably as the game went on. It's obvious to me that his position is CB, but in this set-up that won't be where he's playing at least for the time being. Him or Purrington at LB? It's a tough call.

Harvey's not a central midfielder. I've known this for a while. #10, possibly, but not in a midfield two. I'd love to see him flourish this season, as it looks like he'll get a fair amount of game time, but I'm really not won over. River Allen looks streets ahead both physically and mentally.

Oh, and Banton looked excellent when on the ball. I'd have him centrally offering a bit of support to Cox & Norburn.

If you search for swansea v plymouth you can watch the goals.

Jun 11, 2012
argobenz":5mj13gre said:
HarlHM":5mj13gre said:
I had to leave 10 minutes early ( :furious: - I know :lol: ) as I had 5-a-side, but what I took from the game was:

Hartley & Nelson are so very clearly an excellent League Two partnership.

Cox & Norburn, while over-run at times today (system's fault? Not their's), are both very adept at winning the ball, and they can both more than play too. I really, really like the look of Ollie. We all knew what LC would bring.

McHugh had a lax first half (as did most in Green (white? :roll: )) to be fair, but improved considerably as the game went on. It's obvious to me that his position is CB, but in this set-up that won't be where he's playing at least for the time being. Him or Purrington at LB? It's a tough call.

Harvey's not a central midfielder. I've known this for a while. #10, possibly, but not in a midfield two. I'd love to see him flourish this season, as it looks like he'll get a fair amount of game time, but I'm really not won over. River Allen looks streets ahead both physically and mentally.

Oh, and Banton looked excellent when on the ball. I'd have him centrally offering a bit of support to Cox & Norburn.

If you search for swansea v plymouth you can watch the goals.
Thank... you... (?)

:lol:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Penmaster":2di19gj4 said:
soccerpilgrim":2di19gj4 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2di19gj4 said:
Retweeted by David Weeks

I wonder if we could get Jack Stephens in on loan? I dont think he is anywhere near Saints 1st team and he could provide depth any where across back 4 or in centre midfield. They would probably want a L1 club to send him to though.
Don't think he'll be coming here unfortunately, did well on loan in League 1 last season and i'd imagine will be back there or in the Championship this season

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Seeing the first goal again, it was Luke's fault. Didn't have two hands on it.

Second goal... if McHugh got a call from Nelson behind him, it's Nelson's fault. McHugh's though if he didn't.

C

Cobi Budge.

Don't really understand the negative comments about McHugh on here since the match. He was my MOTM.

I thought he looked comfortable at both LB and RB, let's remember he was up against Angel Rangel & Nathan Dyer, and he managed to keep both relatively quiet, I think he'll be very good against League 2 wingers.

He's only young as well, good player, looking forward to seeing more.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":k9bo3sd0 said:
Don't really understand the negative comments about McHugh on here since the match. He was my MOTM.

I thought he looked comfortable at both LB and RB, let's remember he was up against Angel Rangel & Nathan Dyer, and he managed to keep both relatively quiet, I think he'll be very good against League 2 wingers.

He's only young as well, good player, looking forward to seeing more.

Right-back?!?!

Plus, watch the highlights. From the kick-off he sliced a ball straight out of play. Looked technically poor and hesistant at overlapping his winger.

I'll judge his defensive ability when he comes up against League Two wingers. But I think he'll be alright as a centre-back.

C

Cobi Budge.

Fair enough, each to their own, I thought he looked skillful at LB, defended solidly, got up the pitch well and linked with Banton.