Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Jul 6, 2011
Nobby":pbxjcm10 said:
I didn't go last night, i'll stress that first, but I am bored to the f*cking heavens of hearing about Nathan bloody Thomas!!!

The guy has done absolutely nothing in an Argyle shirt bar a few cameos last season. His only all round good performance was Newport away and that's it.

Just like Tyler Harvey, he's done nowhere near enough to justify a starting sport, regardless of what we do or don't see in training.

Part of me genuinely hope we give him a start on Saturday just so we can finally dispel the myths about his apparent Messi-esque ability.

It's embarrassing, our saviour is apparently someone who is yet to manage a full ninety minutes in professional football?!

Argyle's problem is we only have one player of real genuine quality - Reuben Reid* - and when he can't get in the game, we don't perform. We have no plan B, the team is unbalanced and there is a complete lack of cohesion in the midfield.

*ignoring McCormick because he's not really relevant to the point as a goalkeeper.

I agree with most of what you're saying there, although I do believe we have more than the one player of genuine quality. Truly believe that Lee Cox should start every time and that ability he has will come out, put Harvey in front of him as a genuine attacking midfielder (letting Cox get on with the defensive stuff) and just like Hourihane you will see a difference in the man's play.
I think it is a real problem of playing an unsettled team every week although I'm sure JS is trying his best with what he has available, but he lost me when he signed two left sided centre halves, a host of players who should be playing in the hole and Andrew O'Connor who has taken Cox' role or plays alongside him, which seems to make us a very negative long ball team. Slightly different from the all out attacking style we were promised initially.
This maybe unpopular, but I think we should drop O'Connor to the bench and put Cox back in his proper role. Too many defensive midfielders are buggering up the team performance. It has a feel of the Walton and Fletcher combo, which never worked cohesively and I don't think the Cox/O'Connor combo is working either.
The players need to learn exactly what the manager demands of them, where their position is and what is expected of them. Last night they were about as organised as a f@rt in a collander, but with less passion. IJN put more effort into his shaking it all about. Well done Mr Newell by the way

Mar 14, 2009
Lack of starting the game on the front foot.

Lack of Width.

Lack of a game plan from the start.

Lack of Confidence.

Lack of a Plan B when Plan A is failing!

BUT MOST ANNOYING.....

Lack of anyone who can still take a bloody decent corner or set-piece, when in this division that's what its all about :furious:

*this message could be repeated over and over again this season*

Sep 23, 2005
Lesley Reardon":13l1i4ak said:
Agree with Tony, we are very static and don't use space in the midfield to link up with the strikers, choosing instead to hoof it up. The constant changes don't help. It just all seems disorganised and desperate, which doesn't inspire the fans or, perhaps, the players? Not sure what will happen but I don't feel optimistic
Totally agree with the comment about us being static.

The only players that injected some pace and looked like they were busting a gut were Reid and Mellor. We are otherwise so pedestrian and predictable in midfield. Harvey has no pace at all and looked like he was treading water at times.

Missing this Saturday through family commitments but it doesnt feel the wrench it should do. Really hope things turn around quickly though.

Apr 4, 2004
Lesley Reardon":3bm225du said:
Agree with Tony, we are very static and don't use space in the midfield to link up with the strikers, choosing instead to hoof it up. The constant changes don't help. It just all seems disorganised and desperate, which doesn't inspire the fans or, perhaps, the players? Not sure what will happen but I don't feel optimistic

Agree with this. Particularly the bold bit. We seem to have got rid of players that do the pass and then move into space thing. Replacing them with big powerful units that can dominate in physical battles. Yet it never seems to work. It reminds me of big Sam at west ham saying he wants the team to play good football, but singing mostly big lumps that are good spoilers but are no good at team play. Edited to add that he seems to be getting better in this respect.

Our whole team is defensive. They just make the simple pass. That's mostly because there's never on option as nobody is available. I always think that the thing that really gets teams on the front foot is having plenty of players willing to run without the ball. Giving the other team a problem, Creating options, penetrating, getting away from markers. We don't do that. We are no brave enough to commit players forward or away from our opponents. We're thinking about defence when we have the ball. It looks like we don't really have a go at the other team. We just play safe until something opens up somewhere. It's monotonous binary football. It's not the beautiful game that I love.

C

Cobi Budge.

At first I thought Luke palmed it in to the net, watching the highlights Luke doesn't actually even touch the ball, predatory from Hayes.

We still don't have a clue when it comes to defending set pieces.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Oh throw ins....jesus.....thats a rant in itself. My blood was just cooling, its bordering on boiling point just thinking about it. Unreal how bad we can be at such a simple task to most teams.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
L

lewjam14

PL2 3DQ":3nw1vedg said:
Against Exeter it worked with Harvey playing just behind Reid, so given the withdrawals of Morgan and Alessandra why didn't Sheridan go with a formation they players know against Wycombe, with Harvey behind Reid and Banton and Smalley out wide?

Instead we had a new strange formation and it was obvious the players didn't know what they were doing, Wycombe took advantage and scored what proved to be the winning goal.
no exeter must be really poo to lose against us! another hart less performance no passion and pride in the team or team spirit and a manager that dosnt know what hes doing