Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Dec 3, 2005
Terrible game - only 4 players stood out for me tonight Hartley, Nelson, Mellor and Reid, the rest were well below average.

Wycombe were the best side I have seem for timewasting and the Ref compounded it at times by strolling about, he didn't appear to have any authority.

Terrible, terrible - should have stayed home and watched Emmerdale :)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We were poo, nothing will change.

Nov 13, 2008
plymouth
Totaly inept performance in all departments no a bit of passion on the pitch or anywhere near the bench.sherridan clueless as how to influance a game ,banton needs to be dropped to much of a luxury dont need players wiith no heart for the challange we need a committed management team and players to match.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
There's no fear at the club.

Most managers fear for there jobs after a period of drab results and most players want to keep there place in the team.

Neither look like the case here.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
There are some good managers out there. This season is going to be a long struggle, the board should act now. We are going nowhere under sheridan. Pompey acted decisively last season and got in someone who really cares about the club. What a difference!

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Dog poo. Pre match shooting warm-up saw most shots going wide. Last time I left before final. whistle, sir tommy scored a late equaliser v Derby. Seriously felt like leaving on the hour. Really was pathetic.

Mar 29, 2011
Cobi Budge.":cm8tqpdx said:
Steve Evans, why on earth does McCormick get 2/10? :crazy:

Let 1 slip through his hands onto the post which was a howler he got lucky with. 2nd half he fumbled another 2 straight back into the danger zone where, luckily, we had defenders to clear up.

Not worth a 2 that's ridiculous, however no more than a 5. Didn't have much to do and didn't do it very well.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Jasa":3w3tnmso said:
Cobi Budge.":3w3tnmso said:
Steve Evans, why on earth does McCormick get 2/10? :crazy:

Let 1 slip through his hands onto the post which was a howler he got lucky with. 2nd half he fumbled another 2 straight back into the danger zone where, luckily, we had defenders to clear up.

Not worth a 2 that's ridiculous, however no more than a 5. Didn't have much to do and didn't do it very well.
I thought the first half one was a good save from a snap shot at his near post.
No slip through his hands.

Jun 26, 2006
Very disappointed as we all are . Unfortunate that Morgan and Allesandra were both unavailable and in Alleasandras case at very short notice . Thats the one thing I don't think Sheridan can be held responsible for.
Beaten by a team who went about their business in a more professional manner . Closed down and pressurised us into mistakes which we don't do back . They passed and moved which we didn't . Dreadful goal to concede poor defending led to giving away an unnecessary corner . Well taken by Paul Hayes - poor goalkeeping in my opinion - let himself get pinned on the line by Hayes and should have gone through the man to get to the ball .Make it obvious and 9.5 times out of 10 the goalkeeper will get a free kick . Cox should have had a red card .

Jul 7, 2006
I think the assessments of Reid and Mellor very harsh indeed. They both worked their socks off and did some very good stuff. I genuinely think they should be at least 9/10 and for continuous endeavour throughout perhaps 10/10.
Mellor had his best game yet and Reid did everything that was asked of him and perhaps more.

Without proper support for Reid(...definitely not a lightweight like Harvey or a ''I can run around in circles all night doing nothing" a la Banton)we are going to achieve nothing this season.

To be fair to Smalley,he and Reid seemed to really gel in the opening stages but it all came apart when Wycombe scored.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
To try to provide some balance...

There's been quite a lot of criticism of Sheridan for 1) his starting line-up and 2) his half-time substitutions.

Re. 1) I believe that Morgan was unavailable due to the birth of his son earlier in the day and Alessandra was unavailable at late notice due to illness.

Re. 2) Smalley was obviously injured in the first half and was struggling to make it through to half-time. At that point Sheridan could have brought on Thomas but instead opted to push Harvey up front (with Morgan and alessandra absent he didn't have a huge amount of choice) and play Mellor as a right-sided midfielder (not unreasonable given his recent attacking performances, including in the first half). Perhaps McHugh had also picked up a knock - he didn't do anything particularly wrong in the first half in my opinion.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":2o8el9s7 said:
To try to provide some balance...

There's been quite a lot of criticism of Sheridan for 1) his starting line-up and 2) his half-time substitutions.

Re. 1) I believe that Morgan was unavailable due to the birth of his son earlier in the day and Alessandra was unavailable at late notice due to illness.

Re. 2) Smalley was obviously injured in the first half and was struggling to make it through to half-time. At that point Sheridan could have brought on Thomas but instead opted to push Harvey up front (with Morgan and alessandra absent he didn't have a huge amount of choice) and play Mellor as a right-sided midfielder (not unreasonable given his recent attacking performances, including in the first half). Perhaps McHugh had also picked up a knock - he didn't do anything particularly wrong in the first half in my opinion.

I sort of agree, Smalley was definitely injured but to facilitate Mellor on the wing O'Connor had to move position. I felt Mellor is more effective with his runs when he's running from deep rather than starting on the halfway line.
Sheridan could have gone with three at the back in Nelson, Hartley and McHugh, push Mellor forward still and save a sub.

The sub I couldn't agree with was Norburn going off and Allen coming on, a like-for-like player. Norburn had a poor game but we were losing and had to score so Thomas should have been brought on. Our only attacking player on the bench wasn't used in a match we were losing.

Six of Sheridan's summer signings came from teams who played in a higher league than Argyle last season, I believe we have the players to get us promoted with some loans along the way, what we don't have is a stable formation, a gameplan and players who know their roles week in, week out.

Sheridan needs to pick 11 players, settle on one or maybe two formations and go with that for the next 10 games at least.
How many formations has he used this season? There was another new one last night.