Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Nov 4, 2012
Great performance, 3 very good goals. Another clean sheet. Can't ask for more than that.

8 out of 10's all around with a 9 for Kellett.

Sep 2, 2008
Pasties and Cider":35e5o4r8 said:
He should have been played in by Smalley close to the end. He wasn't the only player not to applaud the fans but he was one of the few. But then, he was roundly booed last time he played.

This is what I think he was hacked off with and why he went straight down the tunnel in a huff.To be fair he played a nice early ball in for Smalley and then bust his gonads to get into a good scoring position only for Smalley to run into the defender. Even on Banton's current form it would have been hard to miss the goal if Smalley had just dropped it back. I'm Banton's biggest critic but even I felt for the guy. Suprised no-one has been slating Smalley for arguably not being a team player....

Sep 23, 2005
I think criticisms of Reuben and Banton are ill founded. Alessandra was having just as unproductive a second half but always seems to burst into life as soon as Reuben is taken off. Why not the same amount of effort just before? If I were Banton I would be just as peed off with Smalley as he appeared to be. Yet Banton seems to be the one taking all the stick on here.

Anyway I don't wish to detract from a great overall team performance. Kellett looks a real gem. Great stuff.

Oct 24, 2014
McCormick - 7 - did all he had to do.

Mellor - 8 - lot better in 5 man defence.

Nelson - 8 - Solid

McHugh - 8 - Solid

Hartley - 9 - Solid and a cracking header.

Kellet - 9 - best left sided player for a long time.

O'connor - 7 - better in the second half.

Blizzard - 8 - does what he has to do with no fuss.

Bobby - 7 - gets stuck in.

Alessandra - 7 - , good finish.

Reid - 7 - looks not 100% fit. but still main man up front.

Subs:

Smalley - 6 - needs to be more aware of who is around him.

Banton - 4 ,whats happened to him?.

Harvey - 5 a striker , no more to be said!

good display against a good team, as for players not clapping the fans,,,i would like to know what the players think when they clap the fans and 4000 have already left , and half of what is left is walking out the exits.......no need to make drama about it, if a player has not looked at you and clapped!!!!!!

Nov 2, 2004
Another cracking performance,can't have the criticism of Ruben,in the first half he was outstanding and Cheltenham had no idea how to cope with him,he also scored a brilliant goal.Loads of outstanding performances but it was Bobby Reid who stood out,he is a class above this division,he allways wants the ball,finds space and time,to cap it all his pass to Allessandra for the third was sublime.Good to see he is here for another month.We really are looking a good side.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
An unusual stat by the look of it - the only team in the division today to score more than two goals.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Really, really enjoyed today's game and the whole team were excellent once again!

McCormick 9
Mellor 7
Nelson 8
McHugh 9
Hartley 8
Kellett 9
Blizzard 8
O'Connor 7
B. Reid 9
Alessandra 8
R. Reid 8

Smalley 5
Harvey 5
Banton 6

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
How good was Mellor's reverse nutmeg for the first goal.

I'm loving this.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":2ugpwu9p said:
Smalley - 6 - got himself about well.

Banton - At times very good at times poor, only player not to applaud fans, seemed to throw a strop at full time and couldn't get down the tunnel fast enough.

Did you not notice the moment when Smalley had the ball on the corner of the area, with Banton in at least 10 yards of space just outside the box - Smalley ignores him, tries to go on his own, loses the ball and then chucks himself to the floor hoping to win a penalty? Appalling play - if I was Banton I'd have been pretty peed off too!

Mar 23, 2008
Pottypilgrim":2r7adbhv said:
Pasties and Cider":2r7adbhv said:
He should have been played in by Smalley close to the end. He wasn't the only player not to applaud the fans but he was one of the few. But then, he was roundly booed last time he played.

This is what I think he was hacked off with and why he went straight down the tunnel in a huff.To be fair he played a nice early ball in for Smalley and then bust his gonads to get into a good scoring position only for Smalley to run into the defender. Even on Banton's current form it would have been hard to miss the goal if Smalley had just dropped it back. I'm Banton's biggest critic but even I felt for the guy. Suprised no-one has been slating Smalley for arguably not being a team player....
That's how I saw it. Smalley is an odd player, has some decent momemts but overall has been poor as emphasised by that moment. A couple of times he gave the ball away and did not try to win it back, our two subs did not match the first 11 for desire or wirk rate but that shouldn't detract from a very good win.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
A few weeks ago the panic on here was unbelievable. Now people are excited that under him we are going places. Just goes to show you should never listen to the fans as they really do know sweet F.A.

Nov 2, 2004
CornishPaul":1d5d293m said:
A few weeks ago the panic on here was unbelievable. Now people are excited that under him we are going places. Just goes to show you should never listen to the fans as they really do know sweet F.A.

Any view on the game? Or just the fans.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Anyway, very good win. I actually think we played slightly better against Carlisle but obviously a comfortable home win is great. There's been plenty of talk on here about scoring "cheap" goals, and Hartley's header just before half time was huge. That's what we're talking about.

McCormick 7

Nelson 7 - Not quite as good as his normal self today but a "not quite as good as normal" Curtis Nelson performance is still plenty good enough at this level!
McHugh 7
Hartley 8 - Wins the battle of the 3 excellent centre-halves we have this time round.

Mellor 7 - Shaky start and a few stray passes/poor moments but some sublime touches as well. On the whole, a good 85 minutes on the pitch...!
Blizzard 6 - By no means a bad game, just not quite as good as his recent high standards.
O'Connor 7 - Neat and tidy, as always - apart from one mistake right at the end when he was at centre-half.
B Reid 8 MOTM - Utterly sensational play for the 3rd goal. Outstanding.
Kellett 7 - Good game. Stayed disciplined defensively and knew when to play it safe. Good at bringing the ball out of defence and a great delivery for the crucial 2nd goal. Being awarded man of the match is pushing it though.

Reid 8 - People just don't realise how brilliant Reuben is at holding off defenders and bringing a high ball under control before laying it off/turning and running at the defence. So often it goes unapplauded, and you see how difficult it is to do when Smalley/Morgan come on and the ball just doesn't stick up front. Great goal from Reubs too - he's back.
Alessandra 8 - Best game he's had in a while, possibly his best since returning from injury back in April.

Subs:
Banton 7 - The classic "make your mind up before he's even come on" from some people on here I think. He set up 2 chances in the short time he was on. Both times he didn't just play the pass and admire it either, he got into a good position and should have been given the ball back from Kellett/Smalley.
Smalley 3 - Would have been a 6, 3 marks deducted for that appalling bit of play at the end. Absolute moron for doing that, and I say that in the nicest possible way.
Harvey 6