Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
The club could be doing literally anything and it would be promoting itself better than it currently is. Mickey Mouse stuff.

C

Cobi Budge.

Reid had a really strong first half, looked like he'd re-found his early season form but looked pretty awful during the second.

There's surely a fitness problem there, he only appears to be able to manage an hour at the most before completely running out of energy, when he hasn't even been slogging his guts out in the last few games.

Needs to get fitter to bring out what we know he's capable of.

Sep 6, 2006
football-bet-data":wrn21s0d said:
LG":wrn21s0d said:
PL2 3DQ":wrn21s0d said:
One grumble is that the attendance didn't get over 7,000, although not helped by a low turn-out from the Cheltenham fans.

It's one of those topics that's sort of been done to death on here, but surely this is the time for the club to start 'beating the drum', not just on the internet, but in print, around and about the city, and even the wider region.

I agree, with the impending game against Pompey coming up - surely between the club and the council something can be done to show it on the big screen in the piazza, with a ticket outlet offering a "special incentive" for the following 2 leagues games or games over the Christmas period?

Show it in the piazza? And encourage people not to go to the game. Sounds like a good idea :crazy:

C

Cobi Budge.

Hope the atmosphere is as good as it was at Fratton on the last day of last season, that was brilliant.

Jan 7, 2013
Fergy":k4cx82mk said:
With an increased amount of advertising and exposure, we COULD hit 10k for the Pompey game.
I'd be amazed if we didn't! Pompey will bring a couple of thousand and we'll have the usual extra couple of thousand that went to the Exeter game, should be 11,000 plus if we don't lose at Burton I'd say 12,000.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Last season against Pompey for a live tv game we managed 8,742.

Jan 7, 2013
PL2 3DQ":1ubd3u16 said:
Last season against Pompey for a live tv game we managed 8,742.
That suprises me, maybe I'm a bit out with my prediction then but things are different this season and providing we don't lose Saturday I'd be very disappointed with a sub 10k crowd

Nov 4, 2012
If the game wasn't on TV there would be an extra 1-2k, with more Pompey fans making the journey and some Argyle fans choosing to save their money and watch it on sky.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
196 fans eh? No wonder why they played so badly! :greensmile:

Joking apart it's a modern trend now, don't give the opposition credit just highlight how badly your own team played.

Aug 4, 2011
Balham_Green":1nw8kao7 said:
football-bet-data":1nw8kao7 said:
LG":1nw8kao7 said:
PL2 3DQ":1nw8kao7 said:
One grumble is that the attendance didn't get over 7,000, although not helped by a low turn-out from the Cheltenham fans.

It's one of those topics that's sort of been done to death on here, but surely this is the time for the club to start 'beating the drum', not just on the internet, but in print, around and about the city, and even the wider region.

I agree, with the impending game against Pompey coming up - surely between the club and the council something can be done to show it on the big screen in the piazza, with a ticket outlet offering a "special incentive" for the following 2 leagues games or games over the Christmas period?

Show it in the piazza? And encourage people not to go to the game. Sounds like a good idea :crazy:

They'll only be in the pub up the road while the mrs is shopping anyway.

Lets just ignore the game is on tv totally and only promote within the ground :crazy:

Jan 6, 2004
Joking apart it's a modern trend now, don't give the opposition credit just highlight how badly your own team played.

I dont think it is a modern trend. I think fans of all clubs focus on their own performance and not the opposition's. Always have done, always will. Certainly the case on PASOTI.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I think to say there was no credit given in that report is a tad unfair.

"The Robins were outclassed from the first minute to the last"

"As an impressive Argyle side, who now haven't conceded in more than eight hours, matched the Robins' 3-5-2 formation, it soon became clear that there was only going to be one winner."

"By the 22nd minute, the hosts were unsurprisingly in front, as the clinical Rueben Reid seized on some haphazard defending to smash home the opener"

"Lewis Alessandra waltzed through the back three"

Bearing in mind this was for Cheltenham's consumption I think thats a fair amount of praise for the home team.