Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A minor point but it showed the team spirit and support for each other was an instance during the second half when Cheltenham broke away following one of our corners and the player busting a gut to get back and cover the right back position was Alessandra.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Also Ian, I noticed that Nathan Thomas hugged all of the team off the pitch.

A small point but shows what level of camaraderie there is at the moment.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
jollygreenjohn":2bs9hzch said:
Oh dear Sam, Kellett 6?? What is that all about?

Defensive frailities you suggest. The guy got in some really good sharp tackles and used the ball well once won but being a wing back with 3 central defenders he is allowed freedom to attack and he grabbed that opportunity even almost getting a goal after nicking the ball on the righthand side of their penalty area. Totally unexpected and exciting, long may he continue in the same way.

Agree with your Banton comments though.
I thought Kellett was better at Wimbledon myself. And Kellett's a high 6- a 6.5 if you like rather than a shabby six. I was on the verge of saying 7. Don't get me wrong he did all you said and I'm not for a second doubting his talent or his confidence which I love. All I'd say is this- how many times did they have space on his side rather than Mellor's?

That said, he was sound defensively at Wimbledon so I don't doubt for a second that it's something he'll become more consistent on with due time.

Dec 3, 2005
Greensam - giving Kellett only SIX???

He was awesome today - all over the pitch - superb home debut.

How can you give him 6 and give Harvey 6 lol

Dec 17, 2013
Bodmin/Birmingham
Leeder":3vzrpb1p said:
I just happened across a tweet from the club during the game stating its been 6 months since we have conceded a goal at home on a Saturday afternoon!

Great stat :clap:

That's very impressive.

Another interesting stat, I think I was right in hearing on the FLS that we haven't lost a game in which allesandra has scored. :smile:

Mar 23, 2008
IJN":3o5tyi4q said:
Also Ian, I noticed that Nathan Thomas hugged all of the team off the pitch.

A small point but shows what level of camaraderie there is at the moment.
Also three of the players made a point of going to Kellett and having a quick chat to encourage him before the game, all these little points have an accumulation effect. I thought Hartley talked Kellett through the game well, we have a goid number of leaders in there for the first time in ages.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
PAFC94":3egiyh14 said:
greeneagle":3egiyh14 said:
Best half of football Argyle have played in two years. Looked a real team with a real hunger. Long may if continue.

What was the game 2 years ago?

Badly phrased on my part. Meant to say "in the two years I have been back in this country and attending games".

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PL2 3DQ":1tss3bdq said:
One grumble is that the attendance didn't get over 7,000, although not helped by a low turn-out from the Cheltenham fans.
I see there is an article in today's Sunday Independent where Peter Jones has bemoaned the lack of support from Plymouth.
It's one of those topics that's sort of been done to death on here, but surely this is the time for the club to start 'beating the drum', not just on the internet, but in print, around and about the city, and even the wider region.
We too can do our bit, but I just feel the communications and marketing department can start to earn their corn a bit more, and maybe, just maybe, the crowds will start to return.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
LG":f89deqz0 said:
PL2 3DQ":f89deqz0 said:
One grumble is that the attendance didn't get over 7,000, although not helped by a low turn-out from the Cheltenham fans.
I see there is an article in today's Sunday Independent where Peter Jones has bemoaned the lack of support from Plymouth.
It's one of those topics that's sort of been done to death on here, but surely this is the time for the club to start 'beating the drum', not just on the internet, but in print, around and about the city, and even the wider region.
We too can do our bit, but I just feel the communications and marketing department can start to earn their corn a bit more, and maybe, just maybe, the crowds will start to return.

Jones has a nerve to criticise after the failure to publicise yesterday's fans forum until a few days ahead of it taking place.

There was another example ahead of the Exeter game where the lack of publicity was evident according to a number of people on here. Perhaps the club feels they don't need to be proactive as there is so little local competition for professional sport.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Trouble is people will never flock back to those 17/18k numbers until we are doing well in the championship.

We peaked both in terms of success and attendances back in the 1st/2nd seasons in the championship.

Best we can hope for now and possibly in L1 in the 10k mark.

J

just_ste

Id say 7000 in league 2 at £22 a go is pretty flipping good.
Non football people I know cant believe how expensive it is.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Winning by scoring the odd goal then sitting back & defend with your life will not get the crowds back, if we continue playing like we did 1st half last Saturday & the whole match yesterday then the crowds will come back, trouble is that the last few times we've been on a run stay aways have come back & the team have not performed on the pitch, yes we all have off days but Argyle always seem to do it in front of big crowds, thus resulting in those part time supporters leaving disgruntled muttering same old crap.

As for club PR there performance is non existent & good old Mr Jones has managed to worm his way back on to the board talked the talk but in my opinion done sweet FA since.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Yes, I'm sure jones wishes we all had shorter memories than to realise five clean sheets does not make all square for five years of dirt treatment from the club, in which jones has made a noticeable presence of himself in the few good times and retreated well back into the shadows in the many bad times.

Aug 4, 2011
LG":2j1dz51l said:
PL2 3DQ":2j1dz51l said:

I agree, with the impending game against Pompey coming up - surely between the club and the council something can be done to show it on the big screen in the piazza, with a ticket outlet offering a "special incentive" for the following 2 leagues games or games over the Christmas period?