Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
An open and enjoyable game where we did our level best to make hard work of it.

Was directly inline with the pen and had it gone against us I'd be fuming. Blizzard saw the tackle coming and got the touch on the ball and went over the outstretched foot. Silly and unnecessary challenge from their defender but outcome was a very soft pen.

We looked nervy and sure enough the very preventable equaliser duly arrived from a short corner although their lad took it well.

before our nerves were threaded too much Holmes Dennis cracked in a powerfull low long ranger to put us back in front .
From what should have been a cracking start we sat back yet again and allowed Tranmere to boss the rest of the half and but for McCormick we might of been behind at the break.

Survived smoke bombs and thunder crackers underneath the Lyndhurst at half time and the 2nd half started in the same fashion, Tranmere bossing play and us trying to hit them on the break. We continue to play like the away side and we relied( yet again) on our back 3 and keeper.

2nd half saw us miss 2 good chances to put the game to bed from Ansah and Allesandra, although it was an incredible save that kept out his header.
Allesandra finished well (at last!!!!) from a quick breakaway and surely the game was finished....wrong. Tranmere scored a cracking goal after a perfect long pass from Koumas( I think ) picked out their wide man whose peach of a cross was unmissable.
News swept the ground of a Southend goal which made the final minutes after ther 2nd a lot more worrying than it shoud of been
A lot of late pressure was desperately defended and at last the ref blew the whistle to confirm us, mathematically at least, in the final playoff spot.

Not sure what to expect in the play offs.Play like we did against Pompey, Exeter and Cheltenham and we've got a good chance. Play like we have since Christmas and its anyone's guess.
Either way its gonna be a roller coaster ride
mcHugh was outstanding and Man of the match and not far behind was Nelson, Hartley and McCormick and Allesandra
Reuben looks a shadow of his normal self and barely fit. I'd rest him next week in the hope that he can return to the form pre injury although fair play to him for 20 goals again for the 2nd season running
Now on to the Thatcher cider :scarf:

Jun 24, 2008
McCormick - 8
Nelson - 7
McHugh - 9
Hartley - 6
Mellor - 8
Holmes-Dennis - 7
O'Connor - 8
Blizzard - 6
B.Reid - 7
Alessandra - 7
R.Reid - 6

Ansah - 7
Banton - 4
Harvey - 5

Thought the ref was excellent, although a lot in our favour he managed the emotions of the Tranmere players well (although they should have had a clear free kick late on in the middle of the park which there number 4 was upset about)

Really enjoyed the game today, was two teams with something to play for playing a clean game of tidy football. Argyle showed signs of going deeper once they scored but learned late on to make the two goal gap. McHugh a clear MOM.

C

Cobi Budge.

Also agree the ref for the most part managed the game well. The Tranmere bench came across as muppets all afternoon, spent more time screaming at the fourth official than anything else. The Tranmere fans and players on the other hand gave it their all.

Apr 18, 2009
Great afternoon - a real cliff-hanger and the dodgiest penalty I have ever seen at Fortress Home Park. Felt really sorry for the Tranmere supporters. They have faced back-to-back relegations but really cheered on their boys. We could have been in that position. Bring on the play-offs. Well done Carl for the goal-line clearance. This could have been a 2-2.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
StillGreen":1dqk3tzl said:
Great afternoon - a real cliff-hanger and the dodgiest penalty I have ever seen at Fortress Home Park. Felt really sorry for the Tranmere supporters. They have faced back-to-back relegations but really cheered on their boys. We could have been in that position. Bring on the play-offs. Well done Carl for the goal-line clearance. This could have been a 2-2.

To be fair we did experience back-to-back relegations, thankfully we began at Championship level and didn't drop out of the FL but if anyone knows relegations and teams achieving success as we confirmed our demise it's us.

I couldn't believe people chanting "going down", 2 years ago that was nearly us. Some have such short memories, enjoy our success not others' misery IMO :scarf:

Sep 8, 2013
A good performance from the team, but, once we seize the initiative with a first goal, other teams do seem to be able to dominate midfield possession and take the game to us?
Small moan, maybe, but an important factor in playoffs perhaps?

Sep 18, 2009
Well done lads we just about deserved that, although we did look a bit rocky during the period between Reid's substitution and the third goal.

Apr 18, 2009
Ollieargyle9":3705hctr said:
StillGreen":3705hctr said:

To be fair we did experience back-to-back relegations, thankfully we began at Championship level and didn't drop out of the FL but if anyone knows relegations and teams achieving success as we confirmed our demise it's us.

I couldn't believe people chanting "going down", 2 years ago that was nearly us. Some have such short memories, enjoy our success not others' misery IMO :scarf:

Sorry Ollieargyle. Meant a double fall from grace from league 1 to the conference. Anyway, enjoy our position and the fact that Knarf Harper and Terry Reprah are not here finding fault and complaining!!!!!!!!!!

C

Cobi Budge.

greenwelly":2kr4wqcw said:
A good performance from the team, but, once we seize the initiative with a first goal, other teams do seem to be able to dominate midfield possession and take the game to us?
Small moan, maybe, but an important factor in playoffs perhaps?

Absolutely.

Only a small moan but it infuriates me when we sit back and allow the opposition all the time in the world after we've gone ahead, it temporarily cost us today with Tranmere's equaliser, thankfully it didn't cost us the 3 points, but against a better side (any of the sides we'll face in the play offs) it would have.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Jon's had a few that's for sure. So have I and many, many others.

A good night for all Greens.

McCormick - 7 - made a couple important saves but dropped a few catches and was fortunate not to be punished
Nelson - 5 - Did ok coming out with the ball but was nervous and a bit jittery for my liking
McHugh - 9 - Absolute mountain today against Odejayi, Countless mopping up for Nelson and also cleared one of the line
Hartley - 8 - Pretty solid all game and did the simple thing well
Mellor - 8 - Very composed on the ball and got up and down very well also clipped in 3-4 beautiful crosses
Holmes-Dennis - 6 - Had his work cut out for him as they seemed to prefer doubling up on him, scored a cracker at a crucial time
O'Connor - 7 - Both did well defensively but didn't offer anything really going forward
Blizzard - 7 - Both did well defensively but didn't offer anything really going forward
B.Reid - 6 - for all his effort his final ball and decisions were really poor, was at fault napping on the ball for their second goal
Alessandra - 8 - Harassed and harried the defence all game tucked away his goal well but could of had a brace or hattrick if his finishing was sharper
R.Reid - 7 - Only a 7 for the fact he played up top pretty much alone and didn't have much service, Dispatched the pen well and the fact hes playing injured shows a lot to me

Ansah - 8 - Thought he was a breath of fresh air. Could of scored 2 himself and teed up lewis twice for tap in's
Banton - Wont rate as only had a few mins
Harvey - Wont rate as only had a few mins