Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
ninjamissile":3gvg8e7w said:
It was never a penalty in a million years.

Some you win and some you don't. This time it was our turn.

:D

Yeah it certainly was a soft one. My initial reaction was that the ref was going to book snow drop for diving, really surprised he gave a pen but delighted obviously. Just the start we needed but we didn't press on and kill off the game and you could see their goal was coming.

Certainly not the worst team to visit Home park this year and if they had played like that all season I reckon they could of been top half.

We have done our outmost to throw the playoff away but now we are guaranteed to be in them barring a 8 goal swing maybe we will gain some confidence and go onto Wembley. Who knows what Argyle will turn up especially at the away leg.

Personally I would be resting some key players at Shrewsbury and just shut up shop to make sure we don't concede 4.

There are certain players we just can't afford to lose through injury and they should just not be risked IMHO.
Keep em fresh

Sep 8, 2013
Yes, selection should be done thoughtfully. We have to have as fully fit a squad as possible for playoffs, but fit does mean trained, not merely rested.

Sep 8, 2013
And I am unimpressed with all of the long upfield punts to Reuben which rarely (unable to think of any today) lead to any advantage to us, rather to repossession by opposition. Are we not better building it from the back rather than long, high balls?

Sep 1, 2006
Cobi Budge.":2aarsq86 said:
A decent all round display but we don't make it easy for ourselves.

Great atmosphere inside home park.

Luke McCormick - 8 - A very deserving player of the season.

Kelvin Mellor - 7 - Much better from him, played with confidence.

Curtis Nelson - 8 - Really good performance, solid and measured.

Carl McHugh - 7 - Mostly solid.

Peter Hartley - 5 - A few too many defensive lapses and his distribution also not great. Not exactly 'poor though', average.

Holmes-Dennis - 7 - Like Kelvin, a much better display.

Anthony O'Connor - 7 - A decent display.

Dominic Blizzard - 5 - Worked hard, but on the whole he was average.

Bobby Reid - 7 - Lively and creative.

Reuben Reid - 5 - Simply has to be rested next week, he was dead after 30 mins. A five and not a four due to a very good penalty.

Lewis Alessandra - 9 - Caused them problems all afternoon, lovely finish.

Subs:

Banton - Unfair to give mark as he barely touched the ball.

Ansah - 4 - A good ball for Lewi's goal but otherwise, he just doesn't look that of a good player, far too weak and to me it didn't seem like he was giving it 100%.

Harvey - 6 - Strange substitution but did well during his time on the pitch.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Mar 14, 2009
Great we are (almost) in the playoffs :scarf:

However, I can't quite believe the short term outlook of some.

Today we got pushed back yet again. The midfield is non existent. The passing was woeful. Yet everything is ok because we are in the playoffs. If we continue to play like that there won't be any magical ending to this season.

I understand winning is everything to some. Yet even when we do win I don't see a side who play with confidence. It seems like a win masks what people are actually watching. A team who put everyone behind the ball and hit it long and try and counter. I hate us playing 5 at the back at home. I hate we have no midfield. The team feels incomplete to me.

A decent side like Bury will rip us apart if we play them in the same manners as we did Tranmere today.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I think today we finally showed that we want it, up against a Tranmere side who were arguably fighting for a bigger prize and who wanted it just as bad, maybe more.

A good, entertaining game of football, but I've no idea why we sat so deep after going 1-0 up! But who cares about that, we're basically in the play offs!!

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Not sure if this is worth a thread on its own, but I thought Bobby Reid's delivery yesterday was woeful,

He showed some superb skill and can be a real crowd pleaser at times, but why does he take all the corners and free kicks when his delivery is so bad, for me you have to mix it up or he really needs to work at it.

Potential to be a good player if he can get this part of his game in check

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
green eyed monster":stmuk0c8 said:
Not sure if this is worth a thread on its own, but I thought Bobby Reid's delivery yesterday was woeful,

He showed some superb skill and can be a real crowd pleaser at times, but why does he take all the corners and free kicks when his delivery is so bad, for me you have to mix it up or he really needs to work at it.

Potential to be a good player if he can get this part of his game in check

An exciting player for me--good control and some superb passing for this level. Delivery can be mixed, it is more often than not played into the right area, but lacks a bit of pace. I noticed he whipped in a couple yesterday and that combined with his accuracy was dangerous. I would like to see Bobby R. and Zak Ansah retained in some way if possible next season--Ansah for a guy who has only played a handful of league games (all with us) looks like he has something.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
SMIAL":1ep0h7qs said:
Cobi Budge.":1ep0h7qs said:
A decent all round display but we don't make it easy for ourselves.

Great atmosphere inside home park.

Luke McCormick - 8 - A very deserving player of the season.

Kelvin Mellor - 7 - Much better from him, played with confidence.

Curtis Nelson - 8 - Really good performance, solid and measured.

Carl McHugh - 7 - Mostly solid.

Peter Hartley - 5 - A few too many defensive lapses and his distribution also not great. Not exactly 'poor though', average.

Holmes-Dennis - 7 - Like Kelvin, a much better display.

Anthony O'Connor - 7 - A decent display.

Dominic Blizzard - 5 - Worked hard, but on the whole he was average.

Bobby Reid - 7 - Lively and creative.

Reuben Reid - 5 - Simply has to be rested next week, he was dead after 30 mins. A five and not a four due to a very good penalty.

Lewis Alessandra - 9 - Caused them problems all afternoon, lovely finish.

Subs:

Banton - Unfair to give mark as he barely touched the ball.

Ansah - 4 - A good ball for Lewi's goal but otherwise, he just doesn't look that of a good player, far too weak and to me it didn't seem like he was giving it 100%.

Harvey - 6 - Strange substitution but did well during his time on the pitch.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

My thoughts exactly, especially when the likes of Ansah comes on gets an assist, nearly scores himself and generally looked very lively and only gets a 4! Of the two of them he made far greater impact on the game, to be fair he was on slightly longer but in all honesty if anyone "wasn't giving it 100%" it was Tyler 'jogs to the ball, plays a casual passes' Harvey.

If you're going to give Banton nothing then give Tyler nothing but giving him a 6 for that performance is the reason why we have people calling for him to be played despite him showing absolutely nothing in terms of worth to this team.

C

Cobi Budge.

Just my view Ollie but while we haven't seen that much of him, I doubt Ansah is any better than Harvey, his movement is average, his decision making poor, his strength non existent, his only real attribute being his ball control, and it's all very well saying he nearly scored but it was an absolute sitter, if Brunt or Smalley or Harvey missed that one they'd be slated to the hills.

Fans just seem to love a 'lively' player, regardless of anything else.

And for the record I'm not Harvey's biggest fan either.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":2v5m39gq said:
Just my view Ollie but while we haven't seen that much of him, I doubt Ansah is any better than Harvey, his movement is average, his decision making poor, his strength non existent, his only real attribute being his ball control, and it's all very well saying he nearly scored but it was an absolute sitter, if Brunt or Smalley or Harvey missed that one they'd be slated to the hills.

Fans just seem to love a 'lively' player, regardless of anything else.

And for the record I'm not Harvey's biggest fan either.

I wasn't comparing the two in terms of talent though, on yesterday's performance Ansah offered the game far more, he set up the winner, there isn't a whole lot more he could have done to improve the game really. On the other hand Harvey came on shrugged his shoulders a few times, jogged towards a few balls and played one nice back-heel. He was a passenger IMO.

I'm not trying to say Ansah is any better than Harvey, I haven't seen enough of either player to make such judgements really, all I'm trying to say is that the ratings you gave make absolutely no sense to me, if you don't rate Anash fine but Saturday he changed the game for us, his pace against their high defensive line worked a treat and IMO he deserves credit for that.