Brunt | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brunt

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
plymouthboyuk":38uswkkf said:
I thought twice about posting this, but I will.
I cannot see where Brunt has built up this cult status. He had one purple patch when he did well for Argyle, but has never been a regular goal scorer wherever he has been.
In my opinion, he is not good enough, if Argyle wish to do well in Division 1.
Being a nice guy is not what Argyle need. They need more skilful players than Brunt.
I hope he overcomes his injury problems, and finds another Club soon.

Yep, as Knarf said, spot on.

Jul 29, 2010
Knibbsworth":2om06jm4 said:
plymouthboyuk":2om06jm4 said:
I cannot see where Brunt has built up this cult status. He had one purple patch when he did well for Argyle, but has never been a regular goal scorer wherever he has been.
Being a nice guy is not what Argyle need. They need more skilful players than Brunt.

Because some fans appreciate heart and desire, which Brunt has in abundance, and don't simply react to goals. His workrate and dedication to his teammates is second to none.
Zackly.

I think some confuse 'cult hero' with 'football genius', Brunty was not that, but then neither was Neil Illman, and that didn't stop the fans loving his energy.

Bit of an indefinable quality is a cult hero, it's best not to try. Frank & plymouthboyuk seem to be trying to shoehorn ability into it. He was good but not great, what impressed was his heart. .

Jun 11, 2012
plymouthboyuk":2bnaslng said:
I'm with you on this one. We need to move on.

Sep 13, 2003
Cult hero? Before Brunt had his brilliant spell at the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016, he was the target of much criticism from many fans on this website and on the terraces. Amazing how fickle many fans are !
Good luck Ryan !

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
plymouthboyuk":4mx03w70 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. I think you're wrong. Chris Brunt would have been the next Mickey Evans IMO. He was really starting to show some class when he got injured but, unfortunately, his career has been blighted by injury. Changed the game when he came on at Wycombe in the play off semi. He was pushing on and looking really dangerous the following season just before he got injured, such a shame. I really hope the club have given him the opportunity to prove his fitness and earn a contract.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
999mattyg":h3fq8a9x said:
plymouthboyuk":h3fq8a9x said:

You're entitled to your opinion. I think you're wrong. Chris Brunt would have been the next Mickey Evans IMO. He was really starting to show some class when he got injured but, unfortunately, his career has been blighted by injury. Changed the game when he came on at Wycombe in the play off semi. He was pushing on and looking really dangerous the following season just before he got injured, such a shame. I really hope the club have given him the opportunity to prove his fitness and earn a contract.

For Chris read Ryan!! :crazy: :crazy:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
When we first signed him, I thought he was poor, to be truthful. A Rovers reject with a dodgy injury record, I wondered what Sheridan had seen in him and he didn't do much from January onwards to change my mind.

However, he clearly worked hard in pre-season. He came back fit, strong and with a great attitude. He didn't complain about being sat on the bench and as soon as he got his shot, he grabbed it.

As target men go, I've rarely seen one who has the work rate that Brunty had. He may not have been the most skillful in terms of technique but he was strong in the air, good at bringing others into play and was a real nuisance for defenders.

Not only that but he cropped up with some MASSIVE goals and contributed to more game-winning moments that anyone last season. Big players step up in big moments and he did that time & time again.

I'm disappointed he hasn't been given pre-season to prove himself like Lecointe was. He is still young in football terms and had a lot to give. I still believe, probably naively, that had he have not suffered his injury, we would have got promotion last year.

He's not a 'Cult Hero' as such, not in the same way David Friio and Paul Wotton were, but a bit like Craig Tanner this year also, he is an extremely endearing character that worked very hard to be successful and contribute during his time here.

Whilst League One is a step up, the gulf in quality is not that vast and we could do a lot worse than a fit & firing Brunt being part of the squad in any way.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Unfortunately at his age and already having two big injuries you can understand DA decision. However he did put in 100% which fans will always appreciate. Good luck in the future Brunty.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Good luck to him. Good player on his day and proved himself to be a 1st team regular before his unfortunate injury. Would be good to see him on a trial basis when is fully fit. But unsure if we will see him again in an Argyle shirt.

Wish him all the best for the future.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
I'm with Nobby on this one. Of all the departures this close season his is the only one I really regret. Best of luck for the future, Brunty. :sad:

Aug 5, 2016
Brunt isn't short of a bob or two.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Derek Adams invites him to be part of Argyle's summer training to get himself fit. If not to earn a contract with Argyle then elsewhere.

It's up to Brunt to impress in pre season and show he can play League One football.

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Hope you can gain full fitness Ryan.You way never be a Tommy Tynan but perhaps a new Trigger.So the best of luck in the future. :scarf:

O

oakythegreen

cheshiregreen":jnaqz592 said:
Steve Evans":jnaqz592 said:
my nephew tells me he has been offered a trial by us.i hope this is so as i rate him highly.

So we release him and then offer him a trial??

Strange.

Why is that strange? Gives the player opportunity to have a pre season to proove himself, and doesn't tie argyle down for another year if he isn't quite up to it. Perfect scenario really.