Bury match day thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bury match day thread

Jul 13, 2006
djg145":5k3qly88 said:
Radio Devon are pi**ing me off - Torquay game on DAB - Torquay game 3 times on FM - Torquay game on once on MW.

In my book that isn't fair at all.

Whats the score with Argyle?

Tell me about it! No Argyle coverage in Exmouth AGAIN. gRR

Oct 24, 2013
Starnes co-commentating doesn't sit well with me. At a time when DA is striving to forge unity, can't see that tactical and performance analysis from the CEO is particularly helpful.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
lyndhurst green":28nbr3i6 said:
Starnes co-commentating doesn't sit well with me. At a time when DA is striving to forge unity, can't see that tactical and performance analysis from the CEO is particularly helpful.

They did say at the start that he was a late stand-in so I imagine that it was supposed to be someone else.

Oct 24, 2013
metroace":2w347qgk said:
lyndhurst green":2w347qgk said:

They did say at the start that he was a late stand-in as whoever so I imagine that it was supposed to be someone else.

Thanks, I missed the start so didn't hear that. Still question how appropriate it is tho.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
lyndhurst green":3o66onpd said:
metroace":3o66onpd said:
lyndhurst green":3o66onpd said:

They did say at the start that he was a late stand-in as whoever so I imagine that it was supposed to be someone else.

Thanks, I missed the start so didn't hear that. Still question how appropriate it is tho.

I know what you mean, but so far from Devon, they will have been struggling to use anyone. Jak Ball, perhaps? I think not.

Oct 24, 2013
metroace":2gu2j3x0 said:
lyndhurst green":2gu2j3x0 said:
metroace":2gu2j3x0 said:
lyndhurst green":2gu2j3x0 said:

I know what you mean, but so far from Devon, they will have been struggling to use anyone. Jak Ball, perhaps? I think not.

Did Chris Webb travel? He's done it before.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Quite even but they've had the better chances - fortunately their strikers are worse at shooting on target than our's! They got crosses in from wide far too easily, though. And as per usual, we have had a couple of good shooting chances but opted to pass instead. Midfield looks better with Sarce in there but we've created few real chances.
If we can step it up a bit 2nd half we've got a chance.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
To be fair MS is making some decent comments at half time, not trying to gild the lily. It's the same problem, lack of confidence to shoot when in a scoring position. I think we suffered from this last season too but got away with it. Something needs to change. They just have to go for it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A struggle for two struggling teams.

Both Argyle and Bury are not clinical in front of goal and missed several chances.

Ness fired over when he should have hit the target, Grant tried to be precise instead of just hitting the damn thing, Ainsworth was through on goal but didn't trust his left foot, by the time he switched feet he was closed down and might have even won a penalty, Sarcevic had a chance to shoot but declined and instead tried to pass.

Missed chances is the story of our season.
One goal either way will sap the confidence of the other team.

Sarcevic has made a big difference, Ainsworth has been poor, I mean really poor and I'd be surprised if he starts the second half.
Ciftci is putting in a good shift against two huge centre-backs.

We can win this!