captain connor | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

captain connor

Z

ZZZZMarker12

Awful player. Does nothing as captain. Please release him ASAP.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Conor is one of those players where you don't realise how good he is until he's gone, he'll go to a better team than us in the near future without a doubt.

MrP20":38d41edo said:
MannameadGreen":38d41edo said:
GreenSam":38d41edo said:
Talkers will talk on the pitch if they have the armband or not. As simple as that for me.

Absolutely nothing to gain from taking the armband off Conor because the rest of the squad will still stay the same in terms of their communication. We have a lot however to lose from taking the armband off him as it could dent the confidence of our best and arguably most important player.

Absolute no brainer to my mind: he keeps the armband.
I totally agree.

He's the persistent Pasoti scapegoat of this era. He's hardly overrated, underrated more like.

Scapegoat or man to blame?

He is captain. He should take responsibility. That's why he is the 'scapegoat'.
He's our best player, apart from Reid. I'd rather blame some of the players that clearly aren't up to it (at least at the moment), such as Trotman, Blizzard, Banton, Gurrieri out of those who started today.

Mork

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Whilst its a bit harsh to blame Connor for our end of season demise, its been clear to me all season that our midfield is where most of our problems lye, we dont control games and sit far to deep Conor is part of a very poor midfield,I dont understand those who feel hes destined for bigger or better things, what are they basing this on? Certainly nothing hes done this season on a consistant basis.

Frank Butcher

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Steve.PAFC2012":1vr165rv said:
Conor is one of those players where you don't realise how good he is until he's gone, he'll go to a better team than us in the near future without a doubt.

Agree with this, but I do think it was a strange decision by Fletcher to make him captain and for Sheridan to persist.

As for the view that it doesn't matter who does the talking, I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. All players should be communicating, but the captain should be someone that the rest of the team look to when things aren't going to plan. He should also be the voice of the manager on the pitch and a motivator by default. Hourihane is none of these things.

When playing deep he becomes obsessed with retaining possession, but when played in an advanced position, he is one of the best central midfielders in this league. But for me, he is not, nor ever been, a captain.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer โ›ณ๏ธ
๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I agree that he could be a great player but if he going to be the great attacking midfielder we are told he could be then he needs to ditch his negativity, I don't just mean the sideways & backward passes but he sits so deep at times,. if the opposition are attacking he often sits in line or behind the back line, instead of closing teams down. other teams exploit this & run through the midfield with relative ease.

Z

ZZZZMarker12

PilgrimJosh":1pupbrfn said:
GreenBin":1pupbrfn said:
Awful player. Does nothing as captain. Please release him ASAP.

Release yourself from this website.

What, because I don't agree with your opinion?

Arrogant little tw@t

justanotherfan

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
When sitting deep he is a most frustrating player but when he plays as a box to box midfielder, supporting the strike force, he shows his true mettle. JS should be working to release the potential game changer in Conor.

Dec 28, 2010
Not captain material thats obvivous to all but it has gave him confidence i agree.

By no means our best player by a long way but has improved i admit after being very critical before.

Conor has the confidence now and knows what he is capable of as a player, im a firm believer in having a good captain with leadership and organisation skills so yes i would appoint a new captain next season for sure in the mould of Paul Wotton. Lee Cox would possibly make a good captain to build the team around or another midfield general if we bring any in.

Would love to see a centre midfield partnership of Lee Cox and Luke Young next season with Conor backing them up from the bench when needed, Cox can organize and is positive in his play unlike Conor who is still quite a negative and slow tempo player, then with Luke being the more talanted passer of the ball.

Jul 6, 2011
Conor is one of our best players, when he pushes forward as he should do all the time. It's when he plays deep that he looks crap.
He's like the makelele's of this world. We complain about them contributing nothing until they're not there, then it's obvious what they contribute.
There should be talkers all over the field, not just one man.

Dec 28, 2010
briangreen":2scm5st2 said:
Conor is one of our best players, when he pushes forward as he should do all the time. It's when he plays deep that he looks crap.
He's like the makelele's of this world. We complain about them contributing nothing until they're not there, then it's obvious what they contribute.

Having a Makelele of this world would be great, loved that player on match of the day, but Conor is not that type of player he is too slow thinking and negative to play that position.

Jul 6, 2011
Greenpafcpete":tpnu9vfh said:
briangreen":tpnu9vfh said:

Having a Makelele of this world would be great, loved that player on match of the day, but Conor is not that type of player he is too slow thinking and negative to play that position.

I was just using Makelele as an example, they are not even the same type of player. Unfortunately both have been maligned by the general public and yet they are both integral to their teams. It's only when you take these players out of the team that you realise what they do and how important they are.