captain connor | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

captain connor

A

Alderney Green

Probably not captain material but one of our better players.

Not many in our squad that we could sell but he is one of them.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
If you need an armband to become a leader then you're a waste of space anyway.

Leaders will lead regardless of there role, because they are leaders. Hence Wotton or Branston. The armband means very little other than pre-match formalities.

For what it's worth, I could hear Hourihane screaming to organise the team when defending corners today. So he does lead, just not as ferociously as some would like.

I can't honestly believe there could be many questions left of his ability. There are many flaws in this current team. He is absolutely not one of them. He's still only a 23 year old lad, who has captained a club through a difficult rebuilding phase, all while he's still trying to establish himself and find out what his best role is as a player. We are lucky to have him in my opinion and hopefully with a higher standard of player around him, and the perfect player in the midfield with him, we can really see him shine.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Nobby":24twef2m said:

Leaders will lead regardless of there role, because they are leaders. Hence Wotton or Branston. The armband means very little other than pre-match formalities.

For what it's worth, I could hear Hourihane screaming to organise the team when defending corners today. So he does lead, just not as ferociously as some would like.

I can't honestly believe there could be many questions left of his ability. There are many flaws in this current team. He is absolutely not one of them. He's still only a 23 year old lad, who has captained a club through a difficult rebuilding phase, all while he's still trying to establish himself and find out what his best role is as a player. We are lucky to have him in my opinion and hopefully with a higher standard of player around him, and the perfect player in the midfield with him, we can really see him shine.
This.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Rob_GT4":3izdlf4g said:
Just scored another crap goal... How many's that from midfield this season now?
Great strike I agree but I think he was considering passing the ball before the crowd yelled at him to shoot.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Green as Grass":3nbf56xj said:
Rob_GT4":3nbf56xj said:
Great strike I agree but I think he was considering passing the ball before the crowd yelled at him to shoot.
He may have just been weighing up his options before deciding to do the same thing anyway. He does that often regardless of crowd responses.

Mar 23, 2008
Nobby":spr110gb said:

Great post and great strike today. I feel sorry for Connor who this season has again had to fight in midfield virtually unaided with little support from the likes of Drizzle. We really saw him at his best alongside Cox where the workload was shared and Connor was allowed to flourush, well played skip.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
lets get this out the way, goal was good, well done.

Without being swayed by the goal, I actually liked his performance today. All the things I have been wanting to see from him. Decent passing, breaking up play, but most importantly...showed maturity and discipline. talked a bit too. closest thing to a captains performance ive ever seen.

Dont get me wrong, didnt think he was great, but found myself appriciating him much more than usual.

Even felt a little sorry for him when trying to move Wotton away from the ref after their first goal.

Dec 29, 2010
For me he epitomises everything that's wrong with Sheridan's team. Strolls around and great at receiving the ball 90 yards from goal. And that's about it. Flatters to deceive. Why is he taking free kicks on the halfway line? Leave it to a defender and get yourself into areas where you might have a greater influence. No coincidence that for the three years he's been a mainstay in the side we have struggled to score goals. The most negative midfield player I can recall in 30 years of watching Argyle.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
GreenSam":18coox7p said:
Green as Grass":18coox7p said:
Rob_GT4":18coox7p said:
He may have just been weighing up his options before deciding to do the same thing anyway. He does that often regardless of crowd responses.
I don't think he was going to shoot until pressure from the crowd forced him to do so. This was borne out by his slightly belligerent goal celebration.
He is part of the weakest midfield that I have seen in my 60 years supporting Argyle. I do think he has potential and his work rate cannot be faulted. He also has a great left foot. However it is unfair to burden him with the captaincy. We need a midfield general and captain for us to see how good he could become. Time for Sheridan to sort this out.

Nov 16, 2006
Deacster":4wzxqk41 said:
Nobby":4wzxqk41 said:

Great post and great strike today. I feel sorry for Connor who this season has again had to fight in midfield virtually unaided with little support from the likes of Drizzle. We really saw him at his best alongside Cox where the workload was shared and Connor was allowed to flourush, well played skip.

After admittedly taking a while to come around to that way of thinking, Conor is definitely one of our best 3 or 4 players. As well as getting his foot in and scoring a decent amount of goals from midfield, in my opinion he is comfortably our best passer - I know the common consensus is that Young holds that title, but I'm afraid Luke's passes are all too often telegraphed and 'floaty' meaning his mid to long range passes to the flanks are usually cut out by the opposition who've had a couple of seconds to judge the flight of the ball and step in.

Whether Conor should be captain is another question, but nobody else in the current squad (who would regularly start) deserve to wear the armband more than him.

Z

ZZZZMarker12

Gerald Wylie":ldch2hcr said:
For me he epitomises everything that's wrong with Sheridan's team. Strolls around and great at receiving the ball 90 yards from goal. And that's about it. Flatters to deceive. Why is he taking free kicks on the halfway line? Leave it to a defender and get yourself into areas where you might have a greater influence. No coincidence that for the three years he's been a mainstay in the side we have struggled to score goals. The most negative midfield player I can recall in 30 years of watching Argyle.

Totally agree.

Nov 16, 2006
GreenBin":18n6sbpo said:
Gerald Wylie":18n6sbpo said:

Totally agree.

Definitely done well to have scored 7 goals this season then :scarf: