Cardiff match thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cardiff match thread

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Pleased with that performance. We looked assured and confident on the ball. Had some very good chances too. Very even game and we certainly matched them tonight. Shame Matty Kennedy didn't come on. Looking fiorward to the season even more now!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The Duke":giza67nu said:
Pleased with that performance. We looked assured and confident on the ball. Had some very good chances too. Very even game and we certainly matched them tonight. Shame Matty Kennedy didn't come on. Looking fiorward to the season even more now!
He played the second half according to Cardiff's Twitter.

Jan 2, 2006
The Duke":1p20hcfs said:

Kennedy came on start of second half. Replaced their player with double barrelled name

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
BojanTheGreat":2f9rwbjz said:
The Duke":2f9rwbjz said:

Kennedy came on start of second half. Replaced their player with double barrelled name

Oh right, missed that one. Think I was awaiting the reception from the fans.

N

NorfolkGreen

BojanTheGreat":1gqg9xpj said:
The Duke":1gqg9xpj said:

Forbes Phillipson-Masters?

Jan 2, 2006
NorfolkGreen":2hayuwds said:
BojanTheGreat":2hayuwds said:
The Duke":2hayuwds said:

Forbes Phillipson-Masters?

Lol

Mar 14, 2009
Another good workout.

The Cardiff goal just shows the higher the level you go the quicker the footballers brains are. Argyle switched off and a calm finish.

That said there was nothing really between the sides. Argyle had some loverly set up play but basically had this slightly annoying reluctance to shoot. This was more in the second half.

Lots of good points. The strong defence of Edwards and Bradley. The link up play of the midfields. The fact against a strong, physical side we didn't seem over powered.

We just need that forward option. Allow Jervis to compete with Ainsworth for that right hand berth and find a forward that likes to shoot and would compliment the creative players we have.

Things are looking good. The problem is this is pre-season so you can't really tell just how competitive we actually might be for league one. We need to see what Ness might add to this team. I would hope we have enough to stay away from the relegation zone and have an enjoyable season watching some decent football.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Cardiff No 7 should have been subbed by Colin, overly physical for what was good pre-season game played in a good spirit.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A run of the mill first half and a better second half.

Our defence has strolled through the pre-season friendly games, apart from Torquay, so it was good that Cardiff gave them a good test

The zonal marking when defending corners which we've used since January and all pre-season was abandoned for this game.

Bradley and Edwards picked up injuries, Bradley was ok but Edwards was replaced at half time although that might have been the plan anyway.

Songo'o was our best deep midfielder out of Sarcevic, Fox and Sangster.

Carey was brilliant, frustrating and a fancy dan in equal measure.
Wylde was good, bad and indifferent, one cross was fantastic for Blissett.

The two full backs were the only two players to play the full game.

We had a lot of possession in the first half and moved the ball well.

Lameiras played in the middle with Carey out wide, this was the same at Torquay, and gives a clue who Adams thinks should play in the middle if they are both on the pitch, although they did swap late in the game.
Both players played better when in the middle.

We are still desperate for a new striker or two.

Cardiff were surprisingly rough.

A very good attendance.

The stadium hasn't changed and there's no new team pre-entrance music for a new season/league.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Played some nice stuff, more than held our own. Grant, Wylde and Lameiras stand outs for me.

Didn't rate Taylor-Sinclair, still don't rate Songo'o.

Need a striker, need a central midfielder.

About all there is to say!

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Very difficult to gauge much from this. Passing was very decent, Songo'o and Threlkeld were good---but the stand out player for me was Lameiras. Great first touch, found a man every time and created space for himself--looks like a more than useful player. Honourable mention for Greg Wylde--still makes a few mistakes but he makes things happen with his pace. Set up two good chances, one for Blissett (terrible header) and one for Lameiras (Just leant back a bit on his shot).

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
hugely enjoyable football match.no hoof ball here, football played on the immaculate pitch.carey for me was our man of the match but many good performances by songo'o,oscar,sonny,sokolik,luke,jake with wylde being what he is an enigmatic player who put in a superb ball for the misfiring blisset to miss by a mile.i,like many others,can see a very special talent in ruben lameiras,he does things that you don't expect.ryan edwards at centre back worked hard but was up against cardiffs best player who beat him in the air everytime.not a criticism of ryan as i think their centre forward will beat most centre halves this season,a typical warnock front man.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
McCormick - One excellent save, good handling, nothing he could do about the goal, don't think there's any doubting that he's our first choice.

Threlkeld - Seemed to have an off game, usually a big fan of his.

Edwards - A precense at the back for sure, but also looked calm and composed, a good partner for Bradley.

Bradley - Completely solid.

Taylor Sinclair - I genuinely have no idea what to make of him, he seems strong but weak, quick but slow, effective but ineffective, not sure how to describe him.

Fox - Very good as per usual, calm, assured, always available.

Songo'o - I've been critical of him before but I was impressed today, thought he was a dominant force in midfield, looked more composed as well, took his time on the ball to pick passes.

Grant - A direct replacement for Slew, but definitely a better player than Slew. Been impressed so far.

Carey - Excellent. Cardiff (unfortunately) had to resort to going for his shins because they couldn't handle him.

Ainsworth - Impressed me at Parkway & Butland but I didn't notice him all that much tonight.

Jervis - Huge fan of Jake's but he isn't a CF for me, he's a right sided player, needs space to be able to use his pace & open teams up. Striker still needed.

Subs:

Lameiras - The most impressive of the new signings, looks so calm on the ball even when working in tight spaces, lively and creative also.

Sarcevic - Underrated. Clever footballer. He also helps out a lot defensively which seems to go unnoticed. I don't think he's overweight at all as some have suggested, more bulky and strong.

Wylde - He'll always be a bit up and down but with his raw pace and flair he's definitely an asset.

Blissett - Good display and I get the feeling he'll be a super sub kind of player. Strong, with a decent first touch and a bit of pace.

Te Loeke - Made one good save but did almost concede when he came rushing out to meet the striker but was pipped to the ball, thankfully the forward got his feet confused.

As for the others, difficult to say, weren't on for long.