Chant and song Ideas | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chant and song Ideas

Sep 13, 2003
PAFC94":14nfp438 said:
Yann Songo'o always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know, you're indestructible always believe in Yann Songo'o.

Your defence is terrified Goodwillie's on fire

If that's to the tune of Gold by Spandau ballet then that's hardly original...at least 10 clubs already sing that song about their respective players. Plus Yann Songo'o hardly fits as a replacement for the word gold does it?! Haha.

Nov 4, 2012
Clarke_B":2bv1zvx7 said:
PAFC94":2bv1zvx7 said:
Yann Songo'o always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know, you're indestructible always believe in Yann Songo'o.

If that's to the tune of Gold by Spandau ballet then that's hardly original...at least 10 clubs already sing that song about their respective players. Plus Yann Songo'o hardly fits as a replacement for the word gold does it?! Haha.

Firstly, I never said it was original. Secondly it definately does fit. Wigan originally sang this about Di Santo. 3 syllables.

Nov 18, 2011
PAFC94":25tanksp said:
Joe Totale":25tanksp said:
Songo'o name is Yanner,
Songo'o is a Janner
Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey!
etc.

:coat:

Factually incorrect. His name is Yann.

Of course I know that! Doesn't work nearly as well though in the chant.

Mar 9, 2011
To the tune of Black Betty... Woah, Goodwillie (bam-ba-lam)
Woah, Goodwillie (bam-ba-lam)
Goodwillie's just scored(bam-ba-lam)
And he'll come for more (bam-ba-lam)

He shoots, he scores, he's gonna come for more, Jordan Slew, Jordan Slew

Ozzie is a Pilgrim, Ozzie is a Pilgrim, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

oooh… Smithy is a pilgrim, He wears a pilgrim shirt, he’ll terrify your mid field, he’ll leave you in the lurch

Sep 10, 2010
Eastbourne
Songo'o, he's why your strikers on the floor.
Songo'o, he's why your never gonna score.
Songo'o, it's all just to easy, all of the time he is coming to get you and he'll get you.
He will get you.

To the tune of song 2 by blur

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
He's big, he's quick
He's got a foot long dick
Goodwillie...Goodwillie

If he's short then substitute short for big

Sep 13, 2003
PAFC94":285h791t said:
Clarke_B":285h791t said:
PAFC94":285h791t said:

Firstly, I never said it was original. Secondly it definitely does fit. Wigan originally sang this about Di Santo. 3 syllables.

If I could be bothered I would look up that Wigan song on YouTube. Still can't see how you replace a one syllable word with a 3'er? The chorus ends with the word gold (sang quickly)...that's it!

Anyway, shall we just hand out sheets of Wigan songs in the Devonport? We have no originality it seems.

Nov 18, 2011
To the tune of Big Spender by Shirley Bassey

Hey Jimmy Spencer!
der der der der
Hey Jimmy Spencer!
der der der der
Hey Jimmy Spencer!
der der der der
Score a lovely goal for me

:oops:

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
We have Karleigh Osbourne and Oscar Therlkeld known as Big Oz and Little Oz, therefore surely we have to use the Wizard of Oz.
We're off to see the wizard the wonderful etc, now, I'm no good at lyrics but I know there lots out there that could spice it up.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Clarke_B":3rszs4vv said:
PAFC94":3rszs4vv said:
Clarke_B":3rszs4vv said:
PAFC94":3rszs4vv said:

Firstly, I never said it was original. Secondly it definitely does fit. Wigan originally sang this about Di Santo. 3 syllables.

If I could be bothered I would look up that Wigan song on YouTube. Still can't see how you replace a one syllable word with a 3'er? The chorus ends with the word gold (sang quickly)...that's it!

Anyway, shall we just hand out sheets of Wigan songs in the Devonport? We have no originality it seems.
In fairness though, nor do most clubs. (And certainly not Wigan)

Wigan have been credited with the creation of the "Freed from desire" chant, but it was actually Stevenage who created it several years ago for Luke Freeman.