Chelsea | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Not so long ago they wanted a super league, never happened, then they wanted a premiership B league, never happened, this won't happen, its one man being a knob

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
X Isle":1j8xl5z5 said:
Tugboat":1j8xl5z5 said:
metroace":1j8xl5z5 said:
PAFC94":1j8xl5z5 said:
We seem to be the only club even having this debate. Fans of other clubs are unanimously opposed to this farce. We do have some weird fans. The attendance v Newport last year made me ashamed to be an Argyle fan. Shame on anyone that attends the Chelsea, Yeovil or Exeter games.

How dare you say that shame on those who attend an Argyle match. Get over yourself! You don't agree with the way the comp is organised. That is your choice but do not judge others!

Defiantly.

Your opinion/choice is excalty that. Absoulty no right to reject others opinions or choices.
But you do have the right to question it, debate it, and seek to appeal to their better nature to see the bigger picture.

A subtle difference perhaps but it wouldn't sit comfortably to have it said that under no circumstances can anyone express a discontent with tacit fan support of Harvey and his wider agenda.

Agreed X'y. Although the approach to this debate that PAFC94 has taken is disappointing. I'm on his side of the debate, but he's caused more harm to our argument than good. As a result of his OTT tone many of these supporters of the competition have ignored well reasoned debates and chose to pick apart his easy target.

I'd contest the opinion of "what's the harm, it's only a game". I've supported my reasoning why attending could cause harm. Sadly no one in support of Harvey and the Premier League agenda has provided a case that there is no harm other than Lundan's "scaremongering" comments, which have also been refuted. LC has shown that he's just the pro-Harvey version of PAFC94, here solely to troll and stir the pot.

Just my opinion, of course.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":2lytppfh said:
X Isle":2lytppfh said:
Tugboat":2lytppfh said:
metroace":2lytppfh said:
PAFC94":2lytppfh said:
We seem to be the only club even having this debate. Fans of other clubs are unanimously opposed to this farce. We do have some weird fans. The attendance v Newport last year made me ashamed to be an Argyle fan. Shame on anyone that attends the Chelsea, Yeovil or Exeter games.

How dare you say that shame on those who attend an Argyle match. Get over yourself! You don't agree with the way the comp is organised. That is your choice but do not judge others!

Defiantly.

Your opinion/choice is excalty that. Absoulty no right to reject others opinions or choices.
But you do have the right to question it, debate it, and seek to appeal to their better nature to see the bigger picture.

A subtle difference perhaps but it wouldn't sit comfortably to have it said that under no circumstances can anyone express a discontent with tacit fan support of Harvey and his wider agenda.

Agreed X'y. Although the approach to this debate that PAFC94 has taken is disappointing. I'm on his side of the debate, but he's caused more harm to our argument than good. As a result of his OTT tone many of these supporters of the competition have ignored well reasoned debates and chose to pick apart his easy target.

I'd contest the opinion of "what's the harm, it's only a game". I've supported my reasoning why attending could cause harm. Sadly no one in support of Harvey and the Premier League agenda has provided a case that there is no harm other than Lundan's "scaremongering" comments, which have also been refuted. LC has shown that he's just the pro-Harvey version of PAFC94, here solely to troll and stir the pot.

Just my opinion, of course.

I am not pro Harvey but I appreciate that his roll is to find revenue streams for EFL clubs. He knows that the Premier League has pots of cash so it is understandable he will look to tap into it if he can. I wouldn't say any of this is a Premier League agenda. They have just responded to proposals put to them and don't appear to be taking the lead on any of this. The idea of Premier League B teams in the FL was an FA idea and once again not something the PL have shown any keen interest in, both then or now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club website is still saying we are playing the Premier League champions. :banghead: False advertising!

The Pilgrims kick off this year's competition at Home Park, where they play Premier League champions Chelsea on August 15

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
On Saturday I watched a re-run of the PL Asia Trophy review on Sky Sports. There was one very interesting debate between Jurgen Klopp and Tony Pulis about getting young players game time. They were diametrically opposed in their opinions. Klopp pointed out how it was in Germany (without actually saying it was better). He made the point that the only real national competition for young players in England is the FA Youth Cup at U18 level, introduced in 1953. He laments the fact that competitions for U19, U20 and U21 are not formalised as they are in a lot of European countries. He made the point that there are reserve sides in the German League lower divisions. Pulis meanwhile feels that young players are going backwards playing against their own age group and wants them playing in the EFL at an early age. But whatever they do in Germany, at international level it helps them. Spain, where they also have reserve teams in the lower divisions, are pretty useful too at international level. I believe that if there is a hidden agenda behind this EFL Trophy it is associated to the perceived need for a better international side. Gregg Dyke's proposals for a fifth tier of bigger clubs' reserve sides had the same aim.

Feb 8, 2005
No amount of Premiership B teams will help the England team, when the Premiership B teams consist of foreign players.

The only way to help England is to restrict the number of foreign players in the Premiership, and is that going to happen? No, of course not.

Money talks and will always be the overriding factor as far as the Premiership is concerned.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I've said this before but I know many students (who I teach) can only go to the EFL Trophy because its only £1 entry. The usual amount is just to much too much for them/their parents to pay.

I know many adults who also struggle to find the £23 per game and can only afford to go to these games.

This is why I think it's wrong for people to judge and say 'they are weird' or less of an argyle fan because of it. They are other factors and conditions involved. Degrading someone simply because they can't afford it is poor form.

Nov 4, 2012
Adam":r3oubsu6 said:
I've said this before but I know many students (who I teach) can only go to the EFL Trophy because its only £1 entry. The usual amount is just to much too much for them/their parents to pay.

I know many adults who also struggle to find the £23 per game and can only afford to go to these games.

This is why I think it's wrong for people to judge and say 'they are weird' or less of an argyle fan because of it. They are other factors and conditions involved. Degrading someone simply because they can't afford it is poor form.

Bizarre post.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
PAFC94":8w9y3qo2 said:
Adam":8w9y3qo2 said:

Bizarre post.

You find it incomprehensible that some people can't afford to go to a football match?

Jan 3, 2013
Adam":bcj4n6hn said:
PAFC94":bcj4n6hn said:
Adam":bcj4n6hn said:

Bizarre post.

You find it incomprehensible that some people can't afford to go to a football match?

Don't bite, pafc94 is trolling

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Knarf Reprah":3nz896yg said:
Adam":3nz896yg said:
PAFC94":3nz896yg said:
Adam":3nz896yg said:

Bizarre post.

Oh I'm fully aware of that Frank. I'm on 6 week holiday now so was a little bored.

Jan 3, 2013
Adam":1jqdsaoh said:
Knarf Reprah":1jqdsaoh said:
PAFC94":1jqdsaoh said:

Bizarre post.

Oh I'm fully aware of that Frank. I'm on 6 week holiday now so was a little bored.
holiday? I thought that you teachers spent the time marking and preparing for the coming term......