Chelsea | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Green Giant":2u8f1681 said:
I'll be going to be the Chelsea and Exeter games as games on a Tuesday night are much easier for me to get to with my job than Saturday afternoons, and I will support my team whenever I can wherever I can, people can be annoyed all they like to be honest I couldn't give a f :shh: :shh: k what others think about when I choose to support my side

Enjoy the games, and pay no attention to those who tell you otherwise.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I'm not going tonight as I don't usually attend friendlies and a Friday night game doesn't 'suit' me. Thousands will go. Hope they enjoy it. Hope Argyle benefit.

Not going to the EFL Cup as it doesn't 'suit' me either. Don't want to see Chelsea U23's tbh, no interest. Tens will go ( ;) ) hope they enjoy it. Hope Argyle benefit.

Can't see where the 'shame' and 'shouting' comes into it.
I'm not going, I disapprove. Not going to shout at anyone who does go ... free country y'know!! ;)

Oct 18, 2011
Nobody's going to notice a boycott anyway. It didn't do any good last season. The competition was always poorly attended, and there will always be enough that do go, that it won't be recognised. The EFL is never going to know who's sat at home in their own living room, quietly seething about this competition. If you want the EFL to notice, you'll have to do something else.

My suggestion would be for everyone to go down to Home Park, pay to get in (club gets a decent pay day), stage a protest, then all get up and leave 2 minutes before kick off. Think of what it would look like if there was a full Home Park, which then emptied en masse just before the match kicked off. Would get far more coverage than simply staying at home.

Jul 3, 2013
The club shoykd be giving priority ticket sales to those that attend these games after season tickets/members ect...........

Mar 14, 2009
I learnt some important lessons from last season and posting on here.

Some posters are just entrenched in their views in Argyle and even when you say something reasonable people really aren't that interested in what you say and most will even interpret what you say to mean something else.

And this is what this thread is all about. You just going to please some and disappoint others because the any conversation about Argyle is so divisive.

Personally I never went to the JPT games before this. I don't get what this competition meant. If you win you are the champions of lower league football?? Its just something that didn't excite me. Most club managers didn't seem to respect it either as teams are often rotated with their weaker squad members playing.

So then this new competition springs up. I understand they are trying to get younger footballers involve in first team football but I understand why fans are upset. Instead of finding a pathway in league football they are using this competition for premier league managers to blood youngsters they are too scared of including and playing in their match day squads. Now clubs like Argyle can play rotate their squad its makes it even more of a farce of a competition because the Premier league youngsters wont be tested like the changes to the competition was designed for.

That being said I would never tell people if they should go or not. Its not any ones place to tell other Argyle fans what to do. If you feel strongly about what its doing to lower league football then you may want to stay away. Yet you may want to just support Argyle! To me its a choice that you may feel harms football but one that every Argyle fan shouldn't be shot down just because they want to take a different course of action.

Why cant people just understand people have reasonable opinions that may differ from their own.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":34w8j8bg said:
Sam Barker":34w8j8bg said:
Argyle voted against it. Why attend? Simple.

And what should a Notts County supporter's attitude be? Their club voted for it.

Stay away anyway.

My point is those going to 'support the club' are doing totally the opposite.

Jul 18, 2011
In your opinion.

Every ticket sold, every pasty sold etc is more money for making the club successful off the field which will help on the field. I know some posters have said they will donate money to the academy or whatever but how many of them will actually do it?

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
No they aren't doing harm, they are going to watch a game of football. I stopped attending Argyle matches years ago because it is too expensive,I instead support a club in the tool station league, you get your football fix, good banter with mixing fans and its hardly cost you anything. A lot of you are over reacting to the supposed plans of B teams entering the EFL, when exactly will this happen? By the time it got close to happening someone else would've ridden in to HQ and had plans of their own. To my knowledge no singular man can decide on these supposed changes, they would have to be voted on I assume by the 92 professional clubs. Will the majority want this? I think it is unlikely, so in the meantime if you want to bite your nose off to spite your face carry on, if you don't then you'll attend. Freedom of choice just as it is that I choose not to physically support Argyle but continue as an armchair/plastic fan.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
It's not opinion though is it? Every body through the gates of any match in this competition helps Shaun Harvey justify it. Especially this season, where they've deliberately put rivals together in groups. Any significant increase on the averages last season and it'll be concisdered a success.

Despite the fact there's no 'immediate plans' it's very, very hard to see this as anything but a trial run for these academy sides enterting the Football League. How can you claim to be supporting the club by getting on board with this new format. Argyle very publically voted against it, so should fans.

I don't know how many would donate the ticket money but doing that would be supporting the club much more than attending.

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Nevertheless it will still need to be voted on, it won't happen on one mans say so

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Lancastergreen":2ed0hh6h said:
Nevertheless it will still need to be voted on, it won't happen on one mans say so

We all would have send the same about the current format of the JPT five years ago, but look what happened.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
A paint pot cup and major league competitions are two very different things. It will never happen and the sooner everyone realise this the better. This is just one man trying to be authoritive much the same as trump, no one listens to.him either.