Chelsea | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ChepstowGreen":3greeu7g said:
Lundan Cabbie":3greeu7g said:
ChepstowGreen":3greeu7g said:
I'm sorry but Rick Cowdery's decision to claim that it is indeed the 'Premier League champions ' we will be facing is tantamount to defrauding those who don't know any better (admittedly surely an exceptionally low number). I feel sad that our official site has sunk to such tactics.

To be fair, Chelsea as a whole at all levels are entitled to that title.

In fact if Argyle have it wrong at all, it is in saying that they are "Premier League" Champions. In this country they are simply The Champions. Clubs like Newcastle, Sheffield United and Portsmouth have to prefix the titles they won and cannot simply claim to be champions.

It's like in golf, there is only one Open and all the rest have to qualify which Open they are.

You're entitled to your opinion Lundan Cabbie and you do seem to be extremely confident in it, but I'm afraid I categorically disagree with you that all levels of Chelsea FC should be thought of as Premier League Champions.

They have different names at different age groups. The Under 12s are called Chelsea Under 12s. They are not the Premier League Champions.

When Chelsea's Under 21s rock up at HP if you were on the microphone, would you really have no qualms in introducing them enthusiastically with "let's give a warm west country welcome to the Premier League Champions!!!" as they run onto the pitch in front of 1200 supporters? Or would you feel an absolute fraud?

Well, maybe you wouldn't, but many others would. :sigh:

As you say, it is simply opinion.

I would agree that I wouldn't introduce a junior team onto a pitch with such words but I stick to my opinion that Chelsea as a whole club have the right to be titled English Champions.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":zhue7zr1 said:
Lundan Cabbie":zhue7zr1 said:
PL2 3DQ":zhue7zr1 said:
Steve Evans":zhue7zr1 said:
i will be there and there is no way argyle can turn down £20,000.also worth bearing in mind that there is a trip to wembley at the end.i respect the passionate views of the "refuseniks"but james brent and the board are running the business of plymouth argyle.

But, at the EFL meeting in May, the club voted against the idea of u23 teams taking part although they were out voted by other clubs.
As directed by the fans survey PAFC voted to return to the League One and League Two only format.

The club and the majority of Argyle fans don't want under-23/teenage teams taking part in the Checkatrade trophy.

That's democracy for you. By taking part in the vote the club agrees to accept and go along with the result.

The club and supporters are welcome to still complain just like remoaners do about leaving the EU but by not recognising the result just because it went against how the club voted is simply just...... well, sulking.

Sulking? Wow, what a narrow-minded individual you are. I'm genuinely so sorry that you're incapable of having reasoned debates. You've made many contributions to this here forum, many on this subject. I thought maybe you tried to entice debate, encourage arguments to defend themselves and gain greater credibility. But no, you're a troll. You've in a nutshell just reduced all reasoned debate to "sulking". 95% of Notts County fans voted in the club survey against B teams in the competition, but their chairman (1 man with a vote) voted for it. Meaning 95% of fans are sulking because 1 man voted by your logic. Nice one mate. What a pathetic individual you are.

I think you spun my comments a bit there. I'm saying that there is sulking over the result of the vote not the overall situation.

Argyle voted against the competition but the vote was carried. The club have accepted that and appear to be getting on with things regarding this comp. There is no point having the vote in the first place if those voting aren't gonna accept the result.

As for Notts County, their owner/chairman has the right to vote how he sees fit but I don't understand why he bothered asking fans' opinions when he obviously already knew which way he was going to vote. That was just a pointless exercise.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":dko5hdxc said:
Lundan Cabbie":dko5hdxc said:
PL2 3DQ":dko5hdxc said:
Steve Evans":dko5hdxc said:
i will be there and there is no way argyle can turn down £20,000.also worth bearing in mind that there is a trip to wembley at the end.i respect the passionate views of the "refuseniks"but james brent and the board are running the business of plymouth argyle.

But, at the EFL meeting in May, the club voted against the idea of u23 teams taking part although they were out voted by other clubs.
As directed by the fans survey PAFC voted to return to the League One and League Two only format.

The club and the majority of Argyle fans don't want under-23/teenage teams taking part in the Checkatrade trophy.

That's democracy for you. By taking part in the vote the club agrees to accept and go along with the result.

The club and supporters are welcome to still complain just like remoaners do about leaving the EU but by not recognising the result just because it went against how the club voted is simply just...... well, sulking.

Sulking? Wow, what a narrow-minded individual you are. I'm genuinely so sorry that you're incapable of having reasoned debates. You've made many contributions to this here forum, many on this subject. I thought maybe you tried to entice debate, encourage arguments to defend themselves and gain greater credibility. But no, you're a troll. You've in a nutshell just reduced all reasoned debate to "sulking". 95% of Notts County fans voted in the club survey against B teams in the competition, but their chairman (1 man with a vote) voted for it. Meaning 95% of fans are sulking because 1 man voted by your logic. Nice one mate. What a pathetic individual you are.

Give him his due, it's quite an achievement to somehow shoehorn a dig about Brexit into a discussion about the EFL Trophy.

Nov 4, 2012
We seem to be the only club even having this debate. Fans of other clubs are unanimously opposed to this farce. We do have some weird fans. The attendance v Newport last year made me ashamed to be an Argyle fan. Shame on anyone that attends the Chelsea, Yeovil or Exeter games.

Feb 8, 2005
I would expect to have an especially low crowd against ANY u21 side, let alone Chelsea, but I really don't see what advantage there would be in not going to watch matches against other EFL Clubs that we are drawn against.

P

Positively Green

PAFC94":3b18b46m said:
We seem to be the only club even having this debate. Fans of other clubs are unanimously opposed to this farce. We do have some weird fans. The attendance v Newport last year made me ashamed to be an Argyle fan. Shame on anyone that attends the Chelsea, Yeovil or Exeter games.

It could be argued shame on anyone with Sky Sports subscription... Can we please respect other people's opinions without insults, name calling and bullying

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Or shame on those who accuse others of attending the wrong games? There is no shame, its freedom of choice, you decide to not attend others choose to attend. No harm done either way, it is, after all is said and done just a game of football.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
PAFC94":13zy9h1t said:

How dare you say that shame on those who attend an Argyle match. Get over yourself! You don't agree with the way the comp is organised. That is your choice but do not judge others!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
metroace":yekzml26 said:
PAFC94":yekzml26 said:

How dare you say that shame on those who attend an Argyle match. Get over yourself! You don't agree with the way the comp is organised. That is your choice but do not judge others!

Defiantly.

Your opinion/choice is excalty that. Absoulty no right to reject others opinions or choices.

Sep 19, 2015
Would rather donate my match day fee to an Argyle related charity than attend this farce of a competition! The naivety of some posters is damn right scary! If as proposed, Premier League B teams do enter The Football League, I for one will stop following the club I love!

Sep 25, 2010
metroace":71f7i17o said:
PAFC94":71f7i17o said:

He normally calls us scum, or an idiot, when he doesn't get his own way

Jul 29, 2010
Tugboat":1njetq8k said:
metroace":1njetq8k said:
PAFC94":1njetq8k said:

Defiantly.

Your opinion/choice is excalty that. Absoulty no right to reject others opinions or choices.
But you do have the right to question it, debate it, and seek to appeal to their better nature to see the bigger picture.

A subtle difference perhaps but it wouldn't sit comfortably to have it said that under no circumstances can anyone express a discontent with tacit fan support of Harvey and his wider agenda.

Mar 8, 2016
Been away for a few months so just catching up on all things argyle, this competition continues to divide opinion I see. It's tricky, as I don't like the new format however as someone has already alluded to, argyle and the board have to run as a business and the prize money goes a long way for a club of our stature. Due to the opposition we have for our home fixtures I can also see our attendences being the highest out of most other teams. Let's take this comp for what it is, play the fringe players for match fitness and take the prize money if we win.