Chelsea | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea

Aug 5, 2016
We should play OUR kids, make this public knowledge, then pay the fine from the increased attendances from the full support of the Green Army. If we get just one 3,000 crowd, should cover the £20,000 fine alright!!

Sep 25, 2010
Knibbsworth":1dbh4qec said:
We should play OUR kids, make this public knowledge, then pay the fine from the increased attendances from the full support of the Green Army. If we get just one 3,000 crowd, should cover the £20,000 fine alright!!

We will be playing our fringe/squad/youth players. Which is a good idea.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3rebqy8b said:
Steve Evans":3rebqy8b said:
i will be there and there is no way argyle can turn down £20,000.also worth bearing in mind that there is a trip to wembley at the end.i respect the passionate views of the "refuseniks"but james brent and the board are running the business of plymouth argyle.

But, at the EFL meeting in May, the club voted against the idea of u23 teams taking part although they were out voted by other clubs.
As directed by the fans survey PAFC voted to return to the League One and League Two only format.

The club and the majority of Argyle fans don't want under-23/teenage teams taking part in the Checkatrade trophy.

That's democracy for you. By taking part in the vote the club agrees to accept and go along with the result.

The club and supporters are welcome to still complain just like remoaners do about leaving the EU but by not recognising the result just because it went against how the club voted is simply just...... well, sulking.

Jul 29, 2010
Steve Evans":2h4mnte4 said:
i will be there and there is no way argyle can turn down £20,000.also worth bearing in mind that there is a trip to wembley at the end.i respect the passionate views of the "refuseniks"but james brent and the board are running the business of plymouth argyle.
But if £20k worth of gate receipts are lost because the fans have rejected the competition, there's a net loss.

The kids seemed to play well last night, I hope DA uses them for this competition and not first teamers. If we must involve ourselves then let the kids gain some game time while the main squad and the fans put their feet up at home.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Thought the rules were that we can't play our youth/fringe and are penalised if we do. Or has that changed?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
whether anybody likes it or not if the "big boys" want to enter their under 23's into the fourth division in the future it will happen.i see positives in this,argyle playing league matches against chelsea,man city/utd.spurs and arsenal for examples.we might just witness the "birth" of the next ryan giggs,harry kane or john terry.couple this with all the plastic supporters who will go to support their adopted team = more revenue for argyle.i welcome the competion, and the introduction of "B" teams will,in my opinion,happen.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Steve Evans":8ucwaud3 said:
whether anybody likes it or not if the "big boys" want to enter their under 23's into the fourth division in the future it will happen.i see positives in this,argyle playing league matches against chelsea,man city/utd.spurs and arsenal for examples.we might just witness the "birth" of the next ryan giggs,harry kane or john terry.couple this with all the plastic supporters who will go to support their adopted team = more revenue for argyle.i welcome the competion, and the introduction of "B" teams will,in my opinion,happen.

Thats the day we finally sell out and I take up crochet

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve Evans":9kfjlpet said:

'.... we might just witness the "birth" of the next ryan giggs,harry kane or john terry'

Really?? I'd rather the next Graham Carey or Paul Mariner was playing for Argyle. Don't give a stuff who plays in a Prem team.

Jul 29, 2010
Mark Pedlar":25miaxmz said:
Thought the rules were that we can't play our youth/fringe and are penalised if we do. Or has that changed?
Yes, it changed for this season.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
The official rules state the following:

Each EFL Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Matches. The League will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes 'full available strength'. Any Club failing to meet this requirement will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Pogleswoody":1vv9nw85 said:
Steve Evans":1vv9nw85 said:

'.... we might just witness the "birth" of the next ryan giggs,harry kane or john terry'

Really?? I'd rather the next Graham Carey or Paul Mariner was playing for Argyle. Don't give a stuff who plays in a Prem team.
yes a fair point.the next argyle great will be on show also.messrs rose,battle and fletcher to name but three

Apr 8, 2014
Mark Pedlar":1a0wx9s1 said:

They have been relaxed from last season and are quite easily manipulated this year, we need four out of the ten outfield players to be one of the following: they either need to have started the previous league game or will start the following league game. Made 40 or more first team appearances (Sign Wotton on). In the top 10 for appearances this season in league and cup competitions or conveniently on loan from a side that has an U23 team in the competition.

Jul 29, 2010
shortbred":20v3qyef said:
Mark Pedlar":20v3qyef said:

They have been relaxed from last season and are quite easily manipulated this year, we need four out of the ten outfield players to be one of the following: they either need to have started the previous league game or will start the following league game. Made 40 or more first team appearances (Sign Wotton on). In the top 10 for appearances this season in league and cup competitions or conveniently on loan from a side that has an U23 team in the competition.
It should be easy enough to find four recovering/returning/rotated from/for the last/next game or subs from the last game with 40 appearances to comply with that.

The rest of the places should be to develop OUR young players.