Chelsea | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Exactly Argyle should play like for like.... under 16's and U18's...I fully expect Derek Adam's to do the same,at least then he will know how our youngsters compare with some of the best in the country...gotta be worth 20K prize money in knowing that...not that I will be there,even if Argyle open the gates free to all and sundry.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
oddball":38ssohl0 said:
Exactly Argyle should play like for like.... under 16's and U18's...I fully expect Derek Adam's to do the same,at least then he will know how our youngsters compare with some of the best in the country...gotta be worth 20K prize money in knowing that...not that I will be there,even if Argyle open the gates free to all and sundry.
If he wants us to be thrashed and knocked out of the tournament then yes, maybe he will. I doubt that is what he wants though.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
X Isle":2nomxp0x said:
shortbred":2nomxp0x said:
Mark Pedlar":2nomxp0x said:
Thought the rules were that we can't play our youth/fringe and are penalised if we do. Or has that changed?

They have been relaxed from last season and are quite easily manipulated this year, we need four out of the ten outfield players to be one of the following: they either need to have started the previous league game or will start the following league game. Made 40 or more first team appearances (Sign Wotton on). In the top 10 for appearances this season in league and cup competitions or conveniently on loan from a side that has an U23 team in the competition.
It should be easy enough to find four recovering/returning/rotated from/for the last/next game or subs from the last game with 40 appearances to comply with that.

The rest of the places should be to develop OUR young players.

Shame we don't have a lower league to force our youngsters on other teams.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Argy1e":1y5mhnez said:
oddball":1y5mhnez said:
If he wants us to be thrashed and knocked out of the tournament then yes, maybe he will. I doubt that is what he wants though.
On the contrary I think thats exactly what he plans to do.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
oddball":1ye2gip6 said:
Argy1e":1ye2gip6 said:
oddball":1ye2gip6 said:
I think he'll rotate the squad like he did last season. But I think he'll want to win the competition.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
I'm sorry but Rick Cowdery's decision to claim that it is indeed the 'Premier League champions ' we will be facing is tantamount to defrauding those who don't know any better (admittedly surely an exceptionally low number). I feel sad that our our official site has sunk to such tactics.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Argy1e":2l2uchkh said:
oddball":2l2uchkh said:
Argy1e":2l2uchkh said:
oddball":2l2uchkh said:
I think he'll rotate the squad like he did last season. But I think he'll want to win the competition.

Adams already said so a couple of days ago.

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth- ... story.html

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ChepstowGreen":1edkrmt4 said:
I'm sorry but Rick Cowdery's decision to claim that it is indeed the 'Premier League champions ' we will be facing is tantamount to defrauding those who don't know any better (admittedly surely an exceptionally low number). I feel sad that our our official site has sunk to such tactics.

To be fair, Chelsea as a whole at all levels are entitled to that title.

In fact if Argyle have it wrong at all, it is in saying that they are "Premier League" Champions. In this country they are simply The Champions. Clubs like Newcastle, Sheffield United and Portsmouth have to prefix the titles they won and cannot simply claim to be champions.

It's like in golf, there is only one Open and all the rest have to qualify which Open they are.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Fans throwing a tantrum because they can't have their own way, that is all this is. If Argyle didn't agree with this competition they need not apply to play in it. If you're that bothered about unfair cup games then why bother in any of them? We aren't going to win the others either!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lundan Cabbie":uzq4elyr said:
PL2 3DQ":uzq4elyr said:
Steve Evans":uzq4elyr said:
i will be there and there is no way argyle can turn down £20,000.also worth bearing in mind that there is a trip to wembley at the end.i respect the passionate views of the "refuseniks"but james brent and the board are running the business of plymouth argyle.

But, at the EFL meeting in May, the club voted against the idea of u23 teams taking part although they were out voted by other clubs.
As directed by the fans survey PAFC voted to return to the League One and League Two only format.

The club and the majority of Argyle fans don't want under-23/teenage teams taking part in the Checkatrade trophy.

That's democracy for you. By taking part in the vote the club agrees to accept and go along with the result.

The club and supporters are welcome to still complain just like remoaners do about leaving the EU but by not recognising the result just because it went against how the club voted is simply just...... well, sulking.

Sulking? Wow, what a narrow-minded individual you are. I'm genuinely so sorry that you're incapable of having reasoned debates. You've made many contributions to this here forum, many on this subject. I thought maybe you tried to entice debate, encourage arguments to defend themselves and gain greater credibility. But no, you're a troll. You've in a nutshell just reduced all reasoned debate to "sulking". 95% of Notts County fans voted in the club survey against B teams in the competition, but their chairman (1 man with a vote) voted for it. Meaning 95% of fans are sulking because 1 man voted by your logic. Nice one mate. What a pathetic individual you are.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Vampires11":1z0mvznk said:
Now we're stuck with it, the club has to make the most they can from it. If the attendance was 10 the club would still have costs attached from staging the match.

A great point and it's the pitfall of a boycott, especially when our club sided with fans in the vote. In my opinion I think the football family needs to show solidarity against the financial bullying of the Premier League (encouraged and manufactured by Shaun Harvey) and support the boycott in full. Some great suggestions to assist the club, but boycott is to put stub money into the youth team or club shop. Ensuring that our message is still sent to Harvey et al, while the club don't lose out.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lancastergreen":3nzavh0x said:
Fans throwing a tantrum because they can't have their own way, that is all this is. If Argyle didn't agree with this competition they need not apply to play in it. If you're that bothered about unfair cup games then why bother in any of them? We aren't going to win the others either!

I think you've missed the point here Lancaster. Some have never had interest in this competition, but many have and are not happy with the introduction of B teams, myself included in the latter. I used to love this competition. Cheltenham away when Hamza Bencherif made his debut and had a blinder, before we won a penalty shootout in which Jake Cole dived the same way every time bar the last. Cheltenham's takers shooting to the same corner for all 5. A belting Tuesday night. Swindon away in which Sheridan first discovered 3-5-2 and Andres Blackman claimed a long range effort despite about a 10 yard deflection. You get the point.

Swansea U21s at the Liberty in front of 400 odd doesn't have the same feel about it. This was a club we were very much ranked above not long ago. Next expected to compete against their second string just because they've come into a bit of cash.

The future for the football league that Shaun Harvey is trying to manufacture is dangerous for all League One and Two sides and the remainder of the football pyramid. It seeks to encourage clubs to become financially dependent upon the Premier League handouts and as a result will open gateways for the Premier League to blackmail their agenda on the football league.

Feel free to think I'm sulking or throwing a tantrum. Not my aim,, I'm simply trying to offer a reasoned view as to why I believe the new format is not in the best interests of Plymouth Argyle or the football league in the medium to long term. It's not about not having got my way, as you put. You may pride the Premier League over the football league, like our friend Cabbie - fair enough.

Fwiw I also don't like us playing in the SWPL either, before someone pipes up about that.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":2ruekzad said:
ChepstowGreen":2ruekzad said:
I'm sorry but Rick Cowdery's decision to claim that it is indeed the 'Premier League champions ' we will be facing is tantamount to defrauding those who don't know any better (admittedly surely an exceptionally low number). I feel sad that our official site has sunk to such tactics.

To be fair, Chelsea as a whole at all levels are entitled to that title.

In fact if Argyle have it wrong at all, it is in saying that they are "Premier League" Champions. In this country they are simply The Champions. Clubs like Newcastle, Sheffield United and Portsmouth have to prefix the titles they won and cannot simply claim to be champions.

It's like in golf, there is only one Open and all the rest have to qualify which Open they are.

You're entitled to your opinion Lundan Cabbie and you do seem to be extremely confident in it, but I'm afraid I categorically disagree with you that all levels of Chelsea FC should be thought of as Premier League Champions.

They have different names at different age groups. The Under 12s are called Chelsea Under 12s. They are not the Premier League Champions.

When Chelsea's Under 21s rock up at HP if you were on the microphone, would you really have no qualms in introducing them enthusiastically with "let's give a warm west country welcome to the Premier League Champions!!!" as they run onto the pitch in front of 1200 supporters? Or would you feel an absolute fraud?

Well, maybe you wouldn't, but many others would. :sigh:

Jul 29, 2010
SwimWithTheTide":3dkfufn3 said:
Lancastergreen":3dkfufn3 said:

I think you've missed the point here Lancaster. Some have never had interest in this competition, but many have and are not happy with the introduction of B teams, myself included in the latter. I used to love this competition. Cheltenham away when Hamza Bencherif made his debut and had a blinder, before we won a penalty shootout in which Jake Cole dived the same way every time bar the last. Cheltenham's takers shooting to the same corner for all 5. A belting Tuesday night. Swindon away in which Sheridan first discovered 3-5-2 and Andres Blackman claimed a long range effort despite about a 10 yard deflection. You get the point.

Swansea U21s at the Liberty in front of 400 odd doesn't have the same feel about it. This was a club we were very much ranked above not long ago. Next expected to compete against their second string just because they've come into a bit of cash.

The future for the football league that Shaun Harvey is trying to manufacture is dangerous for all League One and Two sides and the remainder of the football pyramid. It seeks to encourage clubs to become financially dependent upon the Premier League handouts and as a result will open gateways for the Premier League to blackmail their agenda on the football league.

Feel free to think I'm sulking or throwing a tantrum. Not my aim,, I'm simply trying to offer a reasoned view as to why I believe the new format is not in the best interests of Plymouth Argyle or the football league in the medium to long term. It's not about not having got my way, as you put. You may pride the Premier League over the football league, like our friend Cabbie - fair enough.
:clap: :nworthy: