Cheltenham Predictions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cheltenham Predictions

Jul 29, 2010
HarlHM":3qm3nayd said:
:lol: Even for you, Smiffy, that's poor.

4 back-to-back home wins. 3 back-to-back clean sheets. 5 clean sheets from the last 7.

Taking that all into account, and the fact that our forwards haven't really hit top form to match our extremely solid defence, you're still not optimistic?

If everyone was predicting a poor performance and a draw/loss, you'd be the first to bring up all the aforementioned, but anything to seem highbrow I s'pose.

:yawn:

If you're tired this early in the morning might I suggest earlier nights young man :wink:

I'm hardly a contrary Mary, I'm Mr Consistent, Mr Middle-ground. We're never as bad as 'the experts' say we are when we're bad and, in this case now, we're not as good as 'the experts' on this thread say we are if their predictions are to be believed.

In an ironic reversal of roles here.... I'm wondering if you've seen the last couple of league games at home. If you can honestly say you sat there in the last 10 minutes thinking 'it's in the bag here, we're home and hosed' then fair enough. For me though you'd have to be either blind or insane.

We have a great defensive record and long may it continue. It's not however been achieved by controlling the opposition and keeping them at an arms length. It's been very much achieved at times by the seat of our pants.

The law of averages says that blend of hard work and good fortune has to come unstuck eventually. It could be Saturday.

I want to see another win, of course. What I'd really like however is a win with comfort, a win that doesn't require 'squeaky bum time' at the end.

If that's 'highbrow' to you then as well as getting more sleep I'd recommend broadening your cultural input somewhat too.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Goodness me Smiffy, it's a flaming prediction thread that's all, why go in so deep? A lot are predicting a 1-0 win, understandably in view of recent results. How is that cast iron confidence, more along the lines of it will be tight and nervy at times.

Aug 15, 2008
Another 1-0 win to Argyle. A good performance all round with the defence maintaining its "Thou shall not pass" attitude. Reuben to play a stormer up front.

We have been good lately. Not brilliant. Just good. In this league that is enough. Replying to the above sentiment about recent home performances. I did think we were home and hosed from early in the second half and I am not blind or insane. Carlisle offered very little apart from that 5 second pin ball in our six yard box.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":waj75k16 said:
2 0 win

1134886_Plymouth_Argyle.jpg
Why drop our best striker?

P

Paul_Roberts

For the second Saturday in a row we're facing a team in the midst of a purple patch. Cheltenham have won their last two in a row, but before that hadn't won in eight.

Their tails will be up, but so were Carlisle's and we passed that test fairly comfortably overall. Like Carlisle, Cheltenham don't have a good record at Home Park (W1-D2-L4).

2-0 Argyle; Reid x2.

Jun 11, 2012
Cutting out the drivel...

X Isle":3d8svsdc said:
In an ironic reversal of roles here.... I'm wondering if you've seen the last couple of league games at home. If you can honestly say you sat there in the last 10 minutes thinking 'it's in the bag here, we're home and hosed' then fair enough. For me though you'd have to be either blind or insane.

We have a great defensive record and long may it continue. It's not however been achieved by controlling the opposition and keeping them at an arms length. It's been very much achieved at times by the seat of our pants.

The law of averages says that blend of hard work and good fortune has to come unstuck eventually. It could be Saturday.

I want to see another win, of course. What I'd really like however is a win with comfort, a win that doesn't require 'squeaky bum time' at the end.

I'm partly in agreement with you. It's the unnecessary quashing of positivity, of which this site's been starved of for much too long, that irked me. A bunch of fans predicting a win at home to a team (albeit slightly) below us in the league after a good run of results is to be expected, and it's hardly damaging to our chances is it?

There have been a couple scary moments, but we've largely been playing well and creating a decent amount of chances. The finishing's not quite been to the standard expected, but being a regular attendee I know that there's plenty of goals in our squad.

Soon, I feel, it'll click and we can see out a game without such a nervy ending. We're certainly due a game like that as much as we're due a loss, not that I believe in cr*p like that anyway. :D

The wing-backs need to press high though. They're by far the two most important positions in this set-up. But Kellett & Mellor look custom-made for it.

Plymouth Argyle 2-0 Cheltenham Town. Reuben and Alessandra.

23 McCormick

5 Nelson
16 McHugh
29 Hartley

2 Mellor
14 Harvey
28 O'Connor
17 Bobby Reid
13 Kellett

9 Reid
7 Alessandra

Subs: 1 Bittner, 8 Banton, 10 Morgan, 11 Blizzard, 22 Smalley, 24 Allen, 25 Bentley.

Rotating Blizzard out. Cox in for Harvey if he's fit.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Plymouth Argyle 2-1 Cheltenham Town.

23 McCormick

5 Nelson
16 McHugh
29 Hartley

2 Mellor
4 Cox
28 O'Connor
17 Bobby Reid
13 Kellett

9 Reid
7 Alessandra

Subs: 1 Bittner, 8 Banton, 10 Morgan, 11 Blizzard, 22 Smalley, 14 Harvey, 19 Thomas.

I'd like to see Reid & Smalley up front together but not at Alessandra's expense as he deserve his starting place, maybe replacing lewis as a sub as the game goes on. I also hope that Bobby plays a more forward role or at least 10 yards further up than he did the last home game as there was no one in the box when crosses came in.

Dec 7, 2006
Hmm, not sure about this one. Having witnessed last week's nervy performance against a poor Carlisle side, I can see an unwelcome slip-up in the offing against better opposition. 0-1 loss. Sorry guys. :sad:

C

Cobi Budge.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, times seem much better :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Harl (amended for drivel :wink: )

Being pragmatic and cautious based on recent games isn't "quashing positivity" in my book. It's exactly that, simply urging caution. I'm not exactly renowned for unceasing negativity now, am I.

Anyway we'll agree to disagree, erm, no, shouldn't that be agree to agree? Oh crumbs, it's all very confusing when when people get trumped up and farty with each other despite actually being in agreement innit :lol:

Hopefully we'll both enjoy the game with no squeaky bum time :scarf: