China greens (help!) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

China greens (help!)

Dec 29, 2015
El Green":plsack7o said:
Spark":plsack7o said:
I know there are at least a couple of greens that are exiled in China...I'm hoping they might be able to help me out.

I'm in Shanghai for the game on Monday (terrible timing I know) and I'm wondering how I'm going to watch the game. Does anyone have any ideas? I've got Star Sports in my hotel but I've checked the listings for that and it doesn't appear to be on (hard to believe I know). Even better, if anyone is in Shanghai, want to meet up to watch the game??

Thanks...

Hi Spark,

I am based in Shanghai and was up at 3am a couple of weeks ago to watch the first leg against Portsmouth in an absolute dive of a bar (The only place I could find that was open at that time willing to show it!).

For the Final on Monday I will be dragging all my friends to the well known sports bar 'The Camel' where we will hopefully get the whole place behind Argyle

PM for more info

While you're watching the game maybe you could persuade one of those Shanghai billionaires to invest in our club ;) Hope you guys have a great night :scarf:

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
shanghaigreen":1gvrv2bu said:
I thought I was the only one! Unfortunately I'm in Hong Kong Monday night though.. any greens there?

Shame you're not in the area, they say three's a crowd...which is exactly what we want!

I think I managed to convert one Hong Kong local to the green army when I dragged him along to a game a couple of years ago! I'm sure there'll be a few greens out there...and probably a few bars showing the game.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
TinTin":1oqzrd3o said:
Forever_Argyle":1oqzrd3o said:
I'm stuck in China for this one too, nowhere near Shanghai though. Agree
TinTin, Now tv is the way.

Where are you fellah ?

Anywhere near Chengdu ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:
Frank was in that Camel bar once but he left before the end because he got the hump - lol

Jul 17, 2005
China
TinTin":2jq1a88b said:
Forever_Argyle":2jq1a88b said:
I'm stuck in China for this one too, nowhere near Shanghai though. Agree
TinTin, Now tv is the way.

Where are you fellah ?

Anywhere near Chengdu ?

I'm up in the north east or 东北 as they say. A small city in Jilin province. A long way from Chengdu.

L

lambanog

Have just found out, that all the league play off games, including ours are to be shown live on the Myanmar satellite channel Skynet.

Further investigation shows that in my patch of the woods, being Dongguan, quite a number of pubs etc have this satellite system. Myanmar also have the rights for the EPL, FA Cup, championship as well as the euro competitions including Euro 2016.

I have spoken to a person who has this system, and he said it's very good. I have ordered a dish and box etc and will be fitted tomorrow. At around 3,000 RMB it's not a give away, but apparently worth the money.

I have decided to go for a Now TV 1-day pass at £6.99 - gives me 24 hour access to all Sky Sports channels !

As I am at school all day on Monday and Tuesday.............................??????????????????

But at least I can watch the match tomorrow night [China time] :thumbs:

Good luck everyone in your choice of listening/viewing

L

lambanog

Got my Myanmar dish and box in and set up, brilliant, so many sports channels brilliant picture the HD is unbelievable waiting now for tonight's live game from Wembley then tomorrow will host a BBQ for the quite a number of argyle supporters here then settle in and watch the game

lambanog":1fdke2bi said:
Got my Myanmar dish and box in and set up, brilliant, so many sports channels brilliant picture the HD is unbelievable waiting now for tonight's live game from Wembley then tomorrow will host a BBQ for the quite a number of argyle supporters here then settle in and watch the game

Oh !!

IF only you lived closer !!!

Enjoy

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
The Doctor":gt8fqb2q said:
So many happy endings here. I love this.

There's only one happy ending that really counts (...I mean a win for the greens, not the one at the end of a very thorough massage).