China greens (help!) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

China greens (help!)

L

lambanog

Turnchapel Only":3abhbwgd said:
Do any of you guys use Kodi? https://kodi.tv/download/

Using any device requiring the Internet in China is a very big hit and miss, would you believe that Google is effectively blocked here, and that includes gmail, the only way to circumnavigate the great firewall of China is to use VPN and again that is not as easy as it sounds due to constant blocking by the authorities.
Would you believe only ten years ago satellite dishes were banned, but that banning has slowly been ignored and not so much enforced now, however if one lives in a high rise condo then I would think getting a dish installed would not be that easy.

Dec 4, 2012
lambanog":2q96l3g6 said:
Turnchapel Only":2q96l3g6 said:
Do any of you guys use Kodi? https://kodi.tv/download/

Using any device requiring the Internet in China is a very big hit and miss, would you believe that Google is effectively blocked here, and that includes gmail, the only way to circumnavigate the great firewall of China is to use VPN and again that is not as easy as it sounds due to constant blocking by the authorities.
Would you believe only ten years ago satellite dishes were banned, but that banning has slowly been ignored and not so much enforced now, however if one lives in a high rise condo then I would think getting a dish installed would not be that easy.

Fair enough.

Yep, VPN has its moments as well !!

The internet is usually reliable with China Telecom but when there is building work nearby [like now !!], internet gas, electric and water can disappear without warning :banghead:

I have EVERYTHING crossed for later.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Aug 19, 2013
London
Very excited for the game tonight and I'm glad I've found a fellow Green to watch it with!

Bring on the Camel

It's a shame you can't join us TinTin!

May 29, 2016
Good to see China Greens out in force @ The Camel! Be good boys! :)

Regards from another part of China, also largely influenced by all things Chinese, albeit five and a half flight hours away ...

Bring on the Wombles!

L

lambanog

The Barbie is smoking, the Dartmoor brewery beers and Sandford orchard ciders are on chill, the finger nails on my left hand have been chewed and oh yes the pasties are ready to be heated in the oven. Even my Chinese wife who has been with me to Plymouth many times is getting visibly caught up in the excitement

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
You all made such an effort - pity the team could not have showed the same ingenuity!

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
Not the right result but the Shanghai greens had fun anyway. We were officially outnumbered 3 to 2 by Dons fans in the bar, although we converted the most neutrals. We were gracious in defeat and the game was followed by drowning of sorrows and dancing on bars. Great times! (I was pretty relieved that we didn't find any all night bars when I had to get up for work this morning!).

:scarf: