Club Response to AFT letter in Social Media | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Response to AFT letter in Social Media

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":1kjn21nl said:
No, but your memory could be better Tony.

Remember the frustrations with the PASB you told me about? Who was behind that then?

Ian

Nothing wrong with my memory and there is only one on the AFT Board who was involved with either PASB or AFT at the time and I don't think anyone would point a finger at her.

The demise of the PASB was simply because the expectations articulated at the Guildhall were not translated into fact. There may be reasons for that, but that is the simple truth.

I noted at the time, when the AFT came to have "Powers of audience" the contact had been downgraded to just Martyn. A perfectly splendid chap but a message had been sent.

Unless there are some very brave people around, willing to pop their heads up, the AFT faces a worrying time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think you'd better go on that cruise mate, your memory is obviously fading. :greensmile:

Aug 5, 2005
Bob - on 7th October you wrote

Yes Quizmike, it would be right to say that the AFT would be happy to discuss reopening dialogue with the Argyle board, if said board are prepared to seriously take the views of our one thousand members into consideration. That is not meant as a threat or through some overblown sense of our own importance, but rather a plea to uphold a serious, open and honest dialogue with the elected members of our board.

That was 10 days ago. Are you saying that you have done nothing to move this forward in 10 days?

Also, you seem to have overlooked my question of how you can take the views of your members into consideration. without asking them what their views are. If I may ask again when was the last time you directly asked the opinion of your members? I understand you use John Lloyd's survey to get the views of the supporters? Is this correct?

Finally, may I ask you as chairman of the AFT and as signatory of the Never Again letter, why you made the decision to do all this in public? It must have been obvious to you and all involved that it would look to the outside world (who would be the main audience for things conducted through the press and social media) that there was a serious divide between the current board and the supporters. Why did you want this to appear the case?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
"I noted at the time, when the AFT came to have "Powers of audience" the contact had been downgraded to just Martyn. A perfectly splendid chap but a message had been sent."

That's an upgrade--if I wanted to talk about football matters I would want to talk to Martyn Starnes, if I wanted to talk about property development I would talk to James Brent (with no disrespect to either, but their areas of relative expertise are clear).

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
There is an important issue at stake here we have two statements that contradict each other, who do we believe the AFT chairman who represents 1000 fans although I am informed the membership has drastically reduced or the clubs CEO, sweeping this under the table should not be an option, when either makes another statement would there be an element of doubt that they were being truthful.

We have been banging on about transparency it seems like potential transparency is a myth were Argyle are concerned.

I'm no Brentite but on this occasion I have to believe Martyn Starnes statement.

The credibility of the AFT is at stake here.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Cult Of Personality":r789z4b0 said:
Seems like open season on bob and the aft
I was thinking the same though I do not begin to understand some of the politics. It seems to me to be a thankless task.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
argyledad":2ua4ii0v said:
It is perhaps a shame that my most recent posting from 7th October was not 'brought to Martyn's attention'. Quote: "Again, on a personal note, I look forward to the resumption of discussions between the club and the elected members of the Argyle Fans’ Trust and was pleased that James Brent left the door open at the recent open fans' forum. There are important issues ranging from the safety of our stadium through to next year’s kit choice that our members could be helping with. We are there, not to tell James Brent what to do, but to act a critical friends should the club so wish". It is time to move on ! The AFT Board will meet again in ten days time and respond more fully then.

Did the AFT Board meet today and if so did you decide to resume talks with the club?

Dec 21, 2010
The AFT Board will be meeting this coming Saturday morning. Meanwhile, for all those people who have asked, Martyn and I have been in contact and meetings will be again be taking place.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
argyledad":fz5gvnl1 said:
The AFT Board will be meeting this coming Saturday morning. Meanwhile, for all those people who have asked, Martyn and I have been in contact and meetings will be again be taking place.

Well done-excellent news!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
argyledad":1nly3jdl said:

Excellent news. :clap:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
argyledad":10wiodu0 said:

Very pleased :scarf: