Contract Extensions - Carey, Sawyer, Jervis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Contract Extensions - Carey, Sawyer, Jervis

C

Cobi Budge.

Returnofthepob":7h5par8k said:
HC Green":7h5par8k said:
I think the title is a bit misleading as he has triggered his contract extension and rather than he agreeing to stay it would appear Argyle have decided to keep him. If his quotes are accurate it would appear that this also applies to most of last years signings.

But its both ways. He could say no thanks couldn't he?

Therefore he's agreed. It's semantics though.

It's good news and a pre-playoff boost!

I'm pretty sure automatic extensions apply whether the player wants to stay or not. It's the club's decision. Though I doubt Carey wants to leave anyway.

C

Cobi Budge.

A bit different with McHugh, unlikely to have an extension trigger as he was at the club last season.

So Carl & Curtis are the two I'm worried about, hope we can get then signed up...although I get the feeling that it'll depend on what league we're in.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":3w2b4m3n said:
Returnofthepob":3w2b4m3n said:
HC Green":3w2b4m3n said:
I think the title is a bit misleading as he has triggered his contract extension and rather than he agreeing to stay it would appear Argyle have decided to keep him. If his quotes are accurate it would appear that this also applies to most of last years signings.

I'm pretty sure automatic extensions apply whether the player wants to stay or not. It's the club's decision. Though I doubt Carey wants to leave anyway.

As was defined by the article. Well done inspector!

C

Cobi Budge.

Ade the green":w0khrrlc said:
Cobi Budge.":w0khrrlc said:
Returnofthepob":w0khrrlc said:
HC Green":w0khrrlc said:

As was defined by the article. Well done inspector!

He wouldn't exactly turn around and say "Yeah the club are keeping me so I'll be here next season, I'm not that pleased about it though".

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Cobi Budge.":14i92ijj said:
Returnofthepob":14i92ijj said:
HC Green":14i92ijj said:

Ah ok, I see what you mean.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green
Post subject: Re: Carey
Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:13 pm
I've heard he's got a deal with Wolves. Taken his child out of school for next year. He's too good for us.
Great news!!! Puts that rumour to bed then.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
In the article related to Carey in the Herald, GC says a number of players have triggered contract extensions.

Not sure why the club haven't publicised this?

Dec 2, 2005
London
Returnofthepob":18ejh4ld said:
Cobi Budge.":18ejh4ld said:
Returnofthepob":18ejh4ld said:
HC Green":18ejh4ld said:

Ah ok, I see what you mean.

After the games threshold has been reached both the club and the player would have had to agree for Carey to leave for free. If the club wanted rid but Carey wanted to stay the extra year would kick in and ditto if Carey wanted out but we wanted to keep him.

This will apply to all the players signed last summer so we really don't have to worry about players like Wylde or Jervis. I was banging on about it in the winter but it's still relevant; Hartley, Nelson, McHugh and Reid are the ones we should be worried about losing for free.

Jun 22, 2015
Maybe gets paid better for next 7/8 weeks then goes when right offer comes in.
I'm guessing Greens pay now is about 2.5k a week.
My monies on him getting a decent move for 5-6k a week

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Are you suggesting that Argyle would accept a bid for him within weeks of signing his contract?

If there was a bid and they turned it down, I get the impression that Carey would be happy to stay, unless his enthusiasm is 'Holloway-esque' which I don't think that it is.

Apr 29, 2010
So who's left to sign an extension from last summer? Is it just Wylde & Simpson?
Who do we think will be getting the other contracts?
Just hope we keep McHugh and Brunt. And put in a cheeky contract offer for Matt and Threlkeld.