Contract Extensions - Carey, Sawyer, Jervis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Contract Extensions - Carey, Sawyer, Jervis

May 21, 2015
Feeling quite confident Threlkeld will join this summer. DA dodged it (like he always does mind), Oscar enjoyed his time here and played well. Logical conclusion for me.

davie nine":hxo1qpew said:
Are you suggesting that Argyle would accept a bid for him within weeks of signing his contract?

If there was a bid and they turned it down, I get the impression that Carey would be happy to stay, unless his enthusiasm is 'Holloway-esque' which I don't think that it is.

Happens all the time, strengthens Argyles postition and we could push for a better fee. Would prefer he stayed obv.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I read the OS statement as that the trio have played the required number of games to qualify for an extension but nothing about it being accepted:

Their contracts were for one season, with a subsequent year dependent on playing a certain number of matches this season.

All three have passed that threshold, activating the second-season option.

I've only seen Carey of the three saying that he's accepted it. Or am I reading it wrong?

Trios Trigger Point

May 21, 2015
I think they're automatically contracted for next season. Don't think it's a case of them signing on, as they've already signed the contract last season agreeing with that clause.

Apr 8, 2016
I didn't see it covered on here, but on the OS it says that Sawyer and Jervis have extended their contracts through playing enough games. It's at the bottom of Adams talking about Wembley article.

Mar 14, 2009
MustardEagle":1wvodgxf said:
I didn't see it covered on here, but on the OS it says that Sawyer and Jervis have extended their contracts through playing enough games. It's at the bottom of Adams talking about Wembley article.

They did. Nothing about Simpson though. I guess next week we will know more.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Metal_Green_Mickey":1wngv7bx said:
MustardEagle":1wngv7bx said:

They did. Nothing about Simpson though. I guess next week we will know more.

Or Wylde.

Think Simpson with his run of injuries will be released.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":3hfd3b16 said:
Are you suggesting that Argyle would accept a bid for him within weeks of signing his contract?

If there was a bid and they turned it down, I get the impression that Carey would be happy to stay, unless his enthusiasm is 'Holloway-esque' which I don't think that it is.

So if somebody came to you and offered promotion and considerably increased salary would you turn it down?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I'm convinced Starnes said in an article recently that nobody was contracted for next season because they were going to be offering everyone fresh terms. If we've used the clause to extend the contracts of these players, did they not want to negotiate a new contract? Normally clauses like that aren't recurring so that would make them out of contract next summer.

C

Cobi Budge.

Wylde has said that he wants to stay and I'll be very surprised if he get's released.

As for Simpson, it's a shame, from what I've seen I've quite liked him, tidy player, but obviously hampered by injuries.

Apr 29, 2010
I liked the look of Simpson when he played too Cobi. Similar to Cox and one or two others we've had over the years, his injury record hasn't been great. Money could be spent more wisely elsewhere methinks.