Contracts offered list (players leaving & staying) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Contracts offered list (players leaving & staying)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I've heard a whisper that he's off

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Blimey, that was quick. The players can't run away just yet, we haven't finished lambasting them for last night.

It's about right although I wouldn't offer Alessandra a new contract. It's time for a fully fit Reid to have a new partner upfront.

Nov 4, 2012
Banton is the only one I'm disappointed about. Have a bad feeling he will go on to do well elsewhere as he certainly has the talent.

Sep 28, 2003
London
PL2 3DQ":rorvsxfm said:
Blimey, that was quick. The players can't run away just yet, we haven't finished lambasting them for last night.

It's about right although I wouldn't offer Alessandra a new contract. It's time for a fully fit Reid to have a new partner upfront.

Never seen you as wound up as this before Posty, last night must have really gotten to you :lol:

Aug 22, 2006
Not surprised by Norburn (rovers fans questioned his attitude) or Blizzard but Banton's probably been our most dangerous player over the past two legs. I'm assuming JS is staying? Why would he be off after we've released players who other managers might actually quite fancy? Laughable really.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
YoungGreen97":g7mdgxso said:
I thought it was a shame that we didn't see more of Norburn, he looked very promising.

Proper footballer with proper passing. Good 'talker' too.

Sherrydown doesn't know whether he is the right man for the job but he is the right man to release Allen, Lecointe, Banton, Norburn etc? He 'admires' Harvey so much that he never uses him? When we are chasing a game he brings on Lee? When we are leading 2-0 he brings on Banton? WTF??

I have renewed my ST but am not sure that I'm the right man for that seat if the numpty stays!! Reconsidering MY position Mr Brent and I put money in not take it out!!

I ALSO LIVE DOWN HERE 24/7!!! :furious:

Dec 3, 2005
Sounds like JB is very happy with the progress Argyle have made this season, that means - by the sound of it - that he is happy with JS, which is very very disappointing in my eyes and many others, who have an idea of how football should be played, unlike the Chairman.

Oct 30, 2012
Would have kept Banton and possibly Allen from what I've seen would've released alessandra think his first touch and final ball are shocking although he does try id rather have quality it's got to be time to give our youngsters a try but if I was them I'd be off before Sheridan ruins them like Harvey Banton Thomas.

Jun 11, 2012
Bemused at a couple on that list.

Also bemused at people saying they wouldn't renew Alessandra's contract. Crikey.

Aug 10, 2006
MannameadGreen":2eyv6iv0 said:
Agree with the list except I'd have offered Blizzard and not offered Alessandra.
yeah because blizzard's goal's would really help us get to the play offs.

Dec 13, 2004
I guess he is staying then.Target to reach play offs achieved, no need to pay any unbudgeted compensation. Crowds on the up, City beaten home and away, replica kits all sold, new stand imminent, debts restructured, another season of organic growth to look forward to. We'll go up proper Dreckly, go up proper dreckly.....

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Can't disagree with any of those really, there's no players on the released list who I'm gutted to see leave.

A lot of support for Banton, to be fair to him he had his moments at the tail end of the season but nowhere near enough to make up for the months prior to that. There's talent there but not enough of it to make up for a lack of effort when his contract wasn't close to completion.

River Allen has had a few good games but probably wasn't making the team for a good reason, he certainly didn't set the world alight at Truro who are several leagues below us. I saw him play once or twice and he barely made an impact before being subbed off on each occasion.

Lewi, I don't get the dislike of Lewi he's not a superstar but he's a good option to have up front. I'd like to see a natural finisher partnering Reuben but as this season has taught us, we can't rely on just two decent forwards. Reuben and Lewi were far too vital and when they were both off form we had nothing to offer up front. We need options and they need to be able to offer something different and Lewi for me is a tricky player to handle for a defence, a Warren Feeney with pace in a way and certainly the sort of player who could do we from the bench against tiring defences.

Blizzard, we can do so much better IMO. I've been more impressed with him this year after he was moved to a more attacking role but that doesn't change the fact that he's bang average even at this level. We need a complete reshuffle in midfield and for me that means shipping out the dead wood and mediocrity. That quite rightly starts with Blizzard and Norburn, I also wouldn't be surprised if it ended with Cox going as well, another like Banton who was good on loan but has struggled to make an impact since signing permanently.

At least we're being proactive I guess, add Shez to the released list and ensure O'Connor signs a contract I'll be slightly (very slightly) happier about all things Argyle going into next year.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Blizzard: the only less influential midfielder I've seen is L Summerfield.

Alessandra is a tricky one. Because we've such a negative style of play and little midfield threat, when you rely so on two players to score your goals and one can't finish to save his life, that's a headache. Compared to Smalley though, I guess he's a blessing.

Great to see the league's most clueless chairperson heralding the season as a fabulous step forward. The "competitive" promise didn't ring true for over 90 minutes of the 180 of the PO-semi alas. That kind of competitiveness will be a marketing opportunity and a half, I'm sure.