Crawley tickets/travel/pubs | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley tickets/travel/pubs

Oct 12, 2015
' The only available seating tickets I could see are now on Row A, so must be close to selling out. Have plumped for terrace tickets. What are the best pub/s for away fans? '

From the football ground guide, which I have found to be pretty spot on in the past......'The closest pub to the stadium is the Half Moon on Brighton Road (A2219). This is about a five minute walk away going towards the town centre. Another pub close by is The Downsman, which is on Wakehurst Drive, just off Southgate Avenue'.

Jul 29, 2010
The Half Moon has previously been a bit 'tasty'.

Safest and most convenient option is the sports bar at the ground itself. Open to home and away fans they're very welcoming.

Oct 12, 2015
X Isle":1gcn1ozu said:
The Half Moon has previously been a bit 'tasty'.

Safest and most convenient option is the sports bar at the ground itself. Open to home and away fans they're very welcoming.

Who'd have thought it ?. In Crawley...

Thanks for the heads up....

Jun 10, 2015
Liverpool
On a slightly different note,

I'm travelling to Crawley on the Saturday for the game from Stratford, and was hoping to be able to buy a day travelcard with off peak travel to and from Crawley, however it seems this ticket is only on sale from Crawley, not from central London (hopefully that makes sense). Does anyone know the best way to get a ticket, and whether the off peak day travelcard from Crawley would be okay for travelling in the opposite direction?

Thanks! :scarf:

Dec 20, 2011
Heads up on Crawley away.....( I live there )

Town has 2 railway stations, Crawley & Three Bridges.

Crawley Train Station has an bus station opposite. Very frequent bus service direct to the Stadium ,every five to ten minutes. Take the Fastway service number 10, £2 I think, and its about a ten minute journey to the ground. Same for the return journey.

Walk to the stadium ( 20 minutes) is turn left out of the station, stay parallel to the railway line (on your left) until the level crossing. over the crossing into Brighton Road, The Railway pub on your left , continue up the road over, past the New moon pub on the left , ground is accessed under the main road by subway.
Alternatively, turn right out of station, past the night clubs to the traffic lights ( major junction) turn right into Southgate avenue and continue to follow the road for about a mile to the stadium.

Three Bridges Station is the busiest station, commuter crossroads to the south/south east, very busy on a Saturday with supporters from all range of clubs travelling through the station, Sussex supporters of Millwall, Brighton, Palace, Arsenal, Chelsea, the lot.....sometimes a flashpoint so normally plenty of BTP about. . The Fastway bus is the Number 20 from bus stop C....runs to the stadium every 15 mins. Alternatively to get a taxi from outside the station, £8-10!!, don't think about walking as it would take 45/60 minutes on a good day!!!!
The Snooty Fox is a pub decent sized and directly opposite the Station, football friendly, Sky sports and food. Opens at 10 am

Other Pubs........

In the High Street ( five/ten minute walk from Crawley Station, 30 minute walk to the ground ) there is four within 20 yards of each other,

Jubilee Oak ( Spoons) opens at 8 am !!!! Food Served

White Hart (Harveys) opens 11-30 am Food Served

Brewery Shades open 10-10.30 am Food Served

The Punchbowl Opens 11 am Food served

from the High Street over the level crossing into Brighton Road,

The Railway 20 mins from ground Opens Midday Food Served

The New Moon is further up the road and visible from the ground which is a 2 minute walk,
Sky sports, pool table, Opens Midday Food Served

At the stadium the Redz bar, CTFC Social club is normally open to away support, might be worth checking with the club prior to the match. Opens Midday ( Loads of GA in there last time we played here ) Sky/BBC sports

also there is;

The Downsman on Southgate Drive about 10 minute walk from the ground Opens midday, Sky/BBC Sports, pool tables Food Served, close to fast food ,bookies and local shops

The Grasshopper, used to be my local, on Ashdown Drive in Tilgate, again 10/15 minute walk to the ground , Opens midday , Sky/BBC sports, pool tables , again next door to takeaway outlets, bookies and shops.

If travelling by car there is very limited parking at the stadium and tow-away zones on the main roads around the ground and in the K2 leisure centre nearby. you would have to find street parking in Tilgate or Southgate.

Win our next two games and we could sell our allocation and no doubt we would get more if the demand is there, as X Ilse said we could/should even outnumber the home support.

I would be very surprised if anyone had any problems in the pubs I have mentioned, however they possibly might if they really go looking for it........ and I never heard of any crowd trouble whatsoever at the stadium, most of the locals follow London clubs or BHA , Crawley attendances are dire.

more info here;
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... -town.html

Nov 14, 2014
Thanks for useful info, John. What are the chances of free street car parking in decent walking distance from the ground?

B

brightontilidie

Hi all just wanted to know when you are playing Crawley Town away, as if the albion are away that day I would like to come to watch, is it pay on the gate?

Dec 20, 2011
When I got my ticket from the ground a few weeks ago .. I Took a chance and got one... The allocation to Argyle had just been sent. If we sell out our initial allocation they possibly have some in reserve... However I was told it would NOT be pay on the day. We are their next home match..

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Professionally run, (Mike Dunford is CEO) so would be surprised if Crawley don't maximise the away ticket sales. The 2000 or so 'hard core' are worthy souls considering Brighton (and Whitehawk!) are just down the road. The club sports bar is good.