David Norris (coming back?) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Norris (coming back?)

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Is it worth pointing out that as yet this is still an unsubstantiated rumour as far as I can tell. Forming any kind of firm judgement on the manager or his recruitment strategy is therefore a little premature

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Exactly. Andy S saying people are voicing any concerns purely on age is incorrect. It is the fact that at 34 he has played virtually no football for 2 years. He might well be fine for league 2 but there is no guarantee hence why I won't go overboard at this stage as he will be a shadow of the old Norris we remember so fondly. I hope the new management team have called it right and he can do a job for us.

All the players Ollie mentions either managed to gradually reinvent themselves so that they didn't have to rely on their legs in their thirties (Gerrard, Giggs) or never relied on their engine (Pirlo, Scholes, Xavi, Lampard). As the saying goes, you can't lose pace you never had. All kept themselves in top physical condition.

Norris bouncing round clubs for ages with little success indicates that he hasn't reinvented himself.

Apr 30, 2006
Would be delighted to see Chuck back if management think his fitness is up to it.

It used to make me laugh in the Championship when people would say Akos wasted the ball too often or Norris couldn't cross, or SEB was too slow (etc about every player). If all of those players had those extra abilities they would have been Premiership and not with us. And it's the same now, some people still seem to judge our players & potential signings by Championship standards. I agree with the question mark about not having played much but trust management would not bring him in unless he was felt fit enough. What level of player are we aspiring to bring in? For me we are aiming for a blend of youth that is at upper league two level with the potential to improve to league one level or better, with experience which just has to be upper league two level at present. And I am sure that Norris, even if 10% slower and with 10-20% less stamina than at his peak, would be upper league two quality at least.

Apr 30, 2011
The same source has posted on Facebook again saying that Norris is due to sign by the end of the week. I have absolutely no idea of the source if reliable or not.

May 22, 2006
Penmaster":27rt2751 said:
The same source has posted on Facebook again saying that Norris is due to sign by the end of the week. I have absolutely no idea of the source if reliable or not.

link?

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Penmaster":1ebig9zc said:
How credible is the source? Any track record to speak of, or is it just a random?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
vibratingspider":25s91tj5 said:
Penmaster":25s91tj5 said:
How credible is the source? Any track record to speak of, or is it just a random?

You'll find out by Friday ;)

Apr 30, 2011
vibratingspider":1kspbog0 said:
Penmaster":1kspbog0 said:

Absolutely no idea.