David Norris (coming back?) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Norris (coming back?)

Apr 30, 2011
Andrew Owen":1vmu8jq8 said:
Penmaster":1vmu8jq8 said:
The same source has posted on Facebook again saying that Norris is due to sign by the end of the week. I have absolutely no idea of the source if reliable or not.

link?

I'm not sure I can link to it, but it is on the Fans Fest Facebook page.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I guess I should stop reading these kind of rumours if this one turns out to be false. I think I'm far too gullible at times, particularly where Argyle are concerned.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I think there should be some forfeit for any PASOTITE making "today" or "done deal" claims which proves false. Nothing financial: just something embarrassing.

Aug 5, 2005
Andrew Owen":1l4y4ks0 said:
Homepark44":1l4y4ks0 said:
Later today!

It's now later today and nothing's happened. Calling this one as false.

They didn't say which today though. I mean it's today again already.

I heard (made up) that Chuck would only come back if he could be player / scout, which is causing a hold up as they try to incorporate a woggle into the home kit.

Apr 4, 2004
Haha, a woggle may improve the look of the kit.

Don't know what to make of this. it's very hard to evaluate how effective Chuck will be in league two. As others have said his major asset was/is his energy. If his engine is not what it used to be, then who knows how good he'll be. Then throw in that he was a very capable championship player wheras we are in the basement. I think he's got to be worth a look. I reckon he could be a really useful addition if he still has some life left in those legs.

Dec 3, 2005
Crying out loud, he isn't using a zimmer frame is he?

Just because your over 30 does not make you a player to ignore.

Argyle are in the old 4th division, DH is/has been used to playing in the Championship, yes he MAY have lost a second off his pace, but would that make such a difference in this league? He will still have his footballing brain, a whilley old fox I reckon, making that brilliant pass, inspiring players around him, yes I believe he could be the main player for Argyle, running the midfield, just like Nalis did for us. Hopefully be welcoming Chuck on board soon. :)

Jun 8, 2014
It's not the fact he's old as such, but for two points being ignored.

1) He hasn't played regular football since 11/12.
2) He evidently hasn't reinvented himself, hence, how much use will he be?

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
I assume if Adams is interested and Norris is available then some kind of trial would be required? Adams I'm sure wouldn't be wasteful of his playing budget. This is all speculation here.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
How one can be sure of the unknown is an odd concept. The man must have flaws to work on, else he wouldn't be bobbing along in the middle of division four would he.

But all this hot air about players esp signings having to be in great condition would seem somewhat undermined if signing the once-popular Norris, who's barely played in pro-football in the last couple years. I doubt to risk such a vexing of pride from a failed trial.