Decent team, not a promotion team! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Decent team, not a promotion team!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think Bury were very good as well. Far better than they were up there at the beginning of the season where I thought we were unlucky not to have come away with a point.

However, they scored against the run of play, we were getting on top at the time.

Best team won though.

We're not good enouh for the automatic promotion places but if we can get into the play offs then anything can happen. Many teams have been promoted throuh the play offs that finished well short of automatic promotion so to say we are not a promotion team is very pessimistic.

I feel we're good enough to reach the playoffs and then who knows.....

:scarf:

C

Cobi Budge.

We have the team, no doubt about that, it's whether we have the manager and the coaching staff, we aren't going to go up if we crumble every time we go behind. What if we do get into the play offs and go behind early at Wembley? We might as well forget the day and go home then and there.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge.":2imgacpx said:
We have the team, no doubt about that, it's whether we have the manager and the coaching staff, we aren't going to go up if we crumble every time we go behind. What if we do get into the play offs and go behind early at Wembley? We might as well forget the day and go home then and there.

Perhaps we have the team. Don't have the squad though as Saturday showed. No way will we get to the end of the season with our first choice 11.

C

Cobi Budge.

Balham_Green":2ydrkvzr said:
Cobi Budge.":2ydrkvzr said:

Perhaps we have the team. Don't have the squad though as Saturday showed. No way will we get to the end of the season with our first choice 11.

Would have kept Thomas and wouldn't have sent Bentley out on loan if I was Sheridan.

Apparently Lecointe should be involved before the end of the season though.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dawlish Warren":3h8l4ej5 said:
Tugboat":3h8l4ej5 said:
Balham_Green":3h8l4ej5 said:
IJN":3h8l4ej5 said:
I think this team IS capable of winning promotion.

That well reasoned argument has definitely convinced me.

I think this team is definitely capable of promition BUT I think this team with this management is more realistically suited to excalty where we are today, on the edge of the playoffs.

We are masivally hindered by our lack of ability in coming back into a game having gone behind and I think it will cost us this season. Even if we do get into the playoffs there's still a massive amount to do to be better than those teams in and around us.

I would agree. Even if we do get to the play offs what convincing arguments are there for saying we are going to beat an equally strong team over legs followed by another difficult one off affair? Would love to be proved wrong and will be there to see it but realism is not a sin.

I think we will nick a play off place.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":1gcnhv4w said:
Balham_Green":1gcnhv4w said:
Cobi Budge.":1gcnhv4w said:

Would have kept Thomas and wouldn't have sent Bentley out on loan if I was Sheridan.

Apparently Lecointe should be involved before the end of the season though.

I doubt either of those two would have helped us on Saturday though.

Sheridan always said that he was going for a small squad of talented players, that is what a lof of us asked for having seen all too many big teams of bang average players. Credit to him he has stuck to his guns and built himself a very talented first XI as promised but lacks the strength in depth as is to be expected.

Such an approach was always going to be a risky one, you leave yourself open to being hit hard by only a few injuries, sadly this was the case in January when our loan players left. Thing is we all knew this would be the case, afterall we called for him to bring in players of a higher calibre in the summer, you cannot have it both ways at our level. You can't compete with L1 clubs for players if you've not skimmed a bit off the reserve player budget.

All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed that our players stay fit until the end of the season, we can't bring in any extras at this stage unfortunately.