Derek Adams has to go. | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters
Apr 29, 2016
GM Vauxhall":r9fwfxna said:
philmeboots":r9fwfxna said:
One of the reasons football is going down in my estimation. Why does there always have to be a blame culture. If the team isn’t performing it’s their fault sack them. If they have been performing and they don’t win enough Home games, sack them. If they can’t win a Tuesday nights game sack them. Those who attacked Holloway and Sturrock when they left us with a lack of loyalty well it works both ways. How anyone can be advocating getting rid of a manager with a 45% win percentage is beyond me. The best win percentage of anyone since 1910 ish.

In the 4th division so largely meaningless.

Not meaningless at all. Each division is relative, if you manage in the lower leagues you have lesser players and as we keep getting reminder lower budgets to achieve with too.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I'm coming more round to the idea that players don't just go poo.

None of our players are playing more than 6/10. Some as bad as 3/10 of current ability.

Thats not god awful player player 8/10 and still looking bad, it's players playing horribly bad and no where near there best.

Exeter city are prime examples of players playing near capacity each week. Crystal Palace is an example of the complete opposite.

Apr 29, 2016
Steve Evans":242z4bl1 said:
i got the impression on saturday for the first time that the majority of the players didn't really care.

Thought that up until they scored we did ok actually. We just got worse then and played total and utter carp in the second half.

Mar 8, 2016
Steve Evans":3981w0tn said:
i got the impression on saturday for the first time that the majority of the players didn't really care.

Well if they want to continue to earn a good living playing football then they had better start caring, where's next for them after failing with us? Earning a couple of hundred quid a week at Torquay?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Tony_Flags":1q7wkjcw said:
Tugboat":1q7wkjcw said:
Thats not god awful player player 8/10 and still looking bad.
I think we can all agree with that :)

Yeah probably didn't word it that well.

What I meant is 8/10 of there ability

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Leicester and Chelsea spring to mind for me.
I think he has lost the dressing room unfortunatly.

May 26, 2015
HC Green":3nlcnrbp said:
RochdaleGreen":3nlcnrbp said:
As per post on last week's thread, DA has to go - 5 reasons - results, misuse of budget, inadequate skills as tactician, ruination of Home Park pitch, and Lack of ambition/bollox claims that we are "over achieving"

What has he done to ruin the pitch it looked absolutely pristine on Saturday.

You must be joking! DA has made the pitch even smaller than Exeter. If the great Bob Beaman ( "He's jumped out of the pit!" from the Mexico Olympics played for Argyle and scored a goal, and tried to celebrate with the fans, he would end up twenty to thirty feet short on all four sides of the ground!

I feel sorry for the groundsmen who have made what is left of the pitch perfect.

Mar 14, 2009
All this stuff about the players aren't playing for him and they suddenly turned bad I just don't get.

Last season I watched Leyton Orient who hadn't won a league game of 2017, win 3-0 at HP. I watched a Blackpool side, who were making a run for the playoffs demolish us 3-0. Mixed in between this were scrappy, hard thought wins. Wins which people were congratulating him on even though the football was dire.

Nothing has changed. The football is still dire but the opposition are more clinical. Yet this stuff of he has lost the players nobody was saying this when we got thumped last year a number of times.

When he came to HP, I honestly thought he was going to play an attacking brand of football. In his first pre-season we went away to Forest Green. We were 3-0 down. We ended up coming back 5-3. There were moments in his early stages of his managerial career that the football seem like it was going to be good. Yet slowly, just like the brand of football he plays, he has turned into a passive manager who seems to not take criticism very well, even if it is well made.

Personally, I think he will keep Argyle up. I think he can get a number of a hard thought streaky wins. Like I said though last season the brand of football he plays is appalling. We have had a number of these type of managers and I just want a bloke who does his talking on the pitch and plays on the front foot.

Feb 23, 2008
Orient won 3-2.

People seem to be conveniently forgetting a Wembley trip, a brilliant couple of FA cup games against Liverpool and a promotion season to boot. All of a sudden the apathetical Janner was proud of the club again.

So many people ready to stick the boot in. He deserves time to turn the bad run around. The clubs that are sacking around us have been struggling for a while.

If he's still playing one up and players out of position come Xmas and is showing no signs of learning lessons then it's time for a change, what with the January window etc. Although ironic if the club gives the new manager money to spend as often happens in football.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Difficult decision. On the one hand he has got us up. Like many, I didn't think it was in a convincing manner. Now, I still think it is too early to tell. The football has been dire but so has having to field a disjointed team through injury and red cards. By the way, I don't think 2 of those reds were justified. It does take time to adjust to a new league and survival has to be the aim for the first season. I know people will say it's the same for Doncaster but the simple truth is that some teams adjust quicker than others and given argyle's lack of consistency, I am not that surprised.