Derek Adams has to go. | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
oldage":1t4jbgde said:
Wotton for Manager? You're having a laugh.IMO he would be to man management what King Herod was to childcare.

Lee Hodges is doing very well at Truro on sparce resources. It was just a shame it not work out at Torquay for him, but I think he has a good eye for a player, when he is recruiting.

Sep 28, 2003
London
DrP78":3ohfg514 said:
I was speaking to a colleague this morning about our retched results/performances/discipline. "What's changed?" he asked.

Well, since the first three games where we played quite well, this run coincides with the arrival of Nadir Ciftci. Interviews with the player and his previous manager hinted at a player with a delicate ego who doesn't like criticism. Is it unreasonable to think that Adams' main fault has been to persevere with this guy, which has possibly caused the unrest and ill-discipline amongst our senior pros?

Ciftci hasn't exactly lit the world alight, but it's a bit harsh to blame him for Bradley swinging a punch at someone.

May 1, 2011
DrP78":1ipjjhsb said:
I was speaking to a colleague this morning about our retched results/performances/discipline. "What's changed?" he asked.

Well, since the first three games where we played quite well, this run coincides with the arrival of Nadir Ciftci. Interviews with the player and his previous manager hinted at a player with a delicate ego who doesn't like criticism. Is it unreasonable to think that Adams' main fault has been to persevere with this guy, which has possibly caused the unrest and ill-discipline amongst our senior pros?

This is getting desperate now, blaming one of Adam's own signings to deflect criticism away from the manager.

Please forgive me if I'm repeating another post, but this is a long thread which I've only scanned. By last Christmas Excretia were second from bottom, and the exeweb forum had a 'Tisdale out' thread which ran to over 100 pages. Throughout he maintained it was a squad which would come good eventually, and he has proved all his doubters wrong. I think DA is at least as good a manager, and whatever happens this season I'm glad he's here for the long term.

Sep 17, 2017
DA is nowhere near the manager that Tisdale is,

As much as it pains me but to keep on rebuilding that team season after season is nothing short of miraculous,

Developing young players and selling on for large fees, far better than our youth development at present,

A mixture of youth and experience it's no wonder every now and then they come good, for now !!!

We have never played consistent good football under DA even last season,

Sorry but even if DA keeps us up I'd still rather he moved on.

Jan 3, 2017
Bristol Rich":1vjyatvw said:
DrP78":1vjyatvw said:

This is getting desperate now, blaming one of Adam's own signings to deflect criticism away from the manager.

Not at all. You'll see from my few previous posts that I have no agenda. Simply a reflection and guess on what might be going on, based on the only thing that's really changed.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
mervyn":3185rt6n said:
Please forgive me if I'm repeating another post, but this is a long thread which I've only scanned. By last Christmas Excretia were second from bottom, and the exeweb forum had a 'Tisdale out' thread which ran to over 100 pages. Throughout he maintained it was a squad which would come good eventually, and he has proved all his doubters wrong. I think DA is at least as good a manager, and whatever happens this season I'm glad he's here for the long term.

Exeter were 11th (not 23rd) at the end of December 2016 per the BBC.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I very much doubt that we would pay the contract up I knew an ex manager who told me in reality a manager my get 6 months pay off. Normally it's written in the terms of the contract but also it's by mutual consideration and depends on how the manager wants to move on if he has other offers it makes no sense to sit in the garden so to speak make no bone about it if we sacked Derek he would be a man in demand with his record

Tony_Flags":xngb9flo said:
mervyn":xngb9flo said:

Thanks for that TF. So at what point did Exeter go 23rd, because I'm sure they did at some stage in the season?

May 1, 2011
DrP78":23rvhvzc said:
Bristol Rich":23rvhvzc said:
DrP78":23rvhvzc said:

Not at all. You'll see from my few previous posts that I have no agenda. Simply a reflection and guess on what might be going on, based on the only thing that's really changed.

It is quite impossible to suggest that one player has led to Adam's poor tactics

May 8, 2011
mervyn":fe1f1ufs said:
Tony_Flags":fe1f1ufs said:
mervyn":fe1f1ufs said:

Thanks for that TF. So at what point did Exeter go 23rd, because I'm sure they did at some stage in the season?

They were 23rd after we beat them in September after 8 games.