Derek Adams has to go. | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Voice_of_Reason":3vjsafzp said:
What an absolute pile of tosh.

Poor technical ability my **** - they guy played 480+ times for us, was captain under some of the best managers we've ever had so hardly an endorsement of them if he was as you say "a bully, poor technically, blamed others" - amazing that so many astute managers made him captain really.

As it reads i'm not suggesting him for manager, we need a stand out player, who puffs his chest out and says "i'm in charge out here" - too many players going missing when its getting tough. Thats what Wotton (the player) gave us, even in dark times, or bad spells he'd be busting a gut to get everyone going, thats what we need from one of our current crop right now.

Absolutely Wotton was class when things was going against us.

You could hear him from miles away trying to pick the players up.

That is most certainly needed now.

The fans can only do so much we cant kick a ball for them.

The players need an impersonal leader with a bit of passion when we are down on our luck.

Its time to stand up and be counted without recklessness!

May 16, 2016
Steve Hiscott":zjg3mb5b said:
Voice_of_Reason":zjg3mb5b said:

Poor technical ability my **** - they guy played 480+ times for us, was captain under some of the best managers we've ever had so hardly an endorsement of them if he was as you say "a bully, poor technically, blamed others" - amazing that so many astute managers made him captain really.

As it reads i'm not suggesting him for manager, we need a stand out player, who puffs his chest out and says "i'm in charge out here" - too many players going missing when its getting tough. Thats what Wotton (the player) gave us, even in dark times, or bad spells he'd be busting a gut to get everyone going, thats what we need from one of our current crop right now.

Absolutely Wotton was class when things was going against us.

You could hear him from miles away trying to pick the players up.

That is most certainly needed now.

The fans can only do so much we cant kick a ball for them.

The players need an impersonal leader with a bit of passion when we are down on our luck.

Its time to stand up and be counted without recklessness!

Took a decent penalty and free kick too. You knew that even if the keeper stood his ground, he'd end up in the net with the ball. Nothing subtle or clever, just a sledgehammer for a foot.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Tony_Flags":2dfrxj5j said:
Knarf Reprah":2dfrxj5j said:
Ross county sack their manager.......hmmmm interesting

Notts County and Gillingham seats are free if he feels a stab at that is worth while (or a head butt, kick, trip or punch).
Notts County?! Don't think so - their manager's doing a grand job. Falkirk and Gills vacancies now thrown into the mix.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":3rzv3p2l said:
Tony_Flags":3rzv3p2l said:
Knarf Reprah":3rzv3p2l said:
Ross county sack their manager.......hmmmm interesting

Notts County and Gillingham seats are free if he feels a stab at that is worth while (or a head butt, kick, trip or punch).
Notts County?! Don't think so - their manager's doing a grand job. Falkirk and Gills vacancies now thrown into the mix.

Sorry, multitasking - wrong Sheridan sacking club; meant Oldham .... doh. Maybe NC is actually free cause Nolan's coming here.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
must be tempting for Adams...back on home territory....go on you know you want to...

Jul 12, 2016
Wotton for Manager? You're having a laugh.IMO he would be to man management what King Herod was to childcare.

Mar 23, 2008
Voice_of_Reason":2txcjsy1 said:

Fully agree and been saying the same for a while, we really lack an outfield captain and leader and have done for a long while. Not sure why people don't understand the point and debating his abilities as a coach/manager.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
No one is advocating we need Wotton as manager - is that clear?

We are suggesting we need a player a la Wotton in his pomp, who played like he cared, played like he was in charge and wouldn't let players off the hook when they weren't doing what was expected. Yes its old school, no its not everyones cup of tea, but we are crying out for the type of player Wotts was, a leader and a proud pro.

I dont care if its at centre back or centre mid in truth, maybe Edwards has it in him but he's come to a new club perhaps seeing himself as junior partner to Sonny - we shall see in the next couple of games if he has that potential to step up and be our on field leader.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree. We need a Wotts, we need someone to ball out any player that isn't pulling his weight.

I don't think Sonny is it, Luke's not (goalies don't work as captains in my opinion) and I have noticed RE is not shy of talking on the pitch.

These players need to be reminded they are playing for PAFC.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Fox seems pretty vocal and I agree with Ian, the armband is wasted on keepers

Oct 14, 2015
We need a Paul Wotton, a Graham Coughlan or a Micky Heathcote to give players a kick up the jacksee when they need it...at the moment have we got one of those??

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
I haven't liked Adams pretty much since day one. I don't think he sees whats happening in games early enough and doesn't make either the right changes or any changes to impact the game. I don't think he did this enough last season and isn't doing it this season. If he was better tactically last season, I believe we would have run away with the title.
Don't get me wrong I was delighted when we got promoted but I truthfully don't feel that us getting promoted was because of how good he is as a manager (call me crazy if you wish).
I feel we won most of our games last year before subs or any managerial decisions were required and in the games where changes needed to be made or we were behind I don't feel we faired very well in them games (feel free to correct me with stats but from memory thats what I recall).
Yes I understand that he has to pick the team and formation etc, but when the team all but picked itself last year he was hardly tasked with much decision making.

Additionally, I don't feel hes bought very well this window and we are definitely lacking a goalscorer.
The indiscipline of the players I cannot say is his fault as I have no way of knowing whats going on behind the scenes and the players should take it upon themselves to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, but it does look as though he's lost the dressing room (just my opinion).

Should he go? I'm undecided. As I say, I literally haven't liked him since the start but that being said I can't give you a list of people who 1- I would like to replace him and 2- I think would take the job. Plus, I really don't think they could afford to get rid of him with the contract length he has left.
However, I do believe if the board are thinking about getting rid, the sooner they do it the more time the next manager is going to have to try and save the day.

I would love for him to turn it around and us just stay in the league for this season but I wholeheartedly don't think he's capable of doing so. Heres to hoping I'm wrong.

COYG!

Jan 3, 2017
I was speaking to a colleague this morning about our retched results/performances/discipline. "What's changed?" he asked.

Well, since the first three games where we played quite well, this run coincides with the arrival of Nadir Ciftci. Interviews with the player and his previous manager hinted at a player with a delicate ego who doesn't like criticism. Is it unreasonable to think that Adams' main fault has been to persevere with this guy, which has possibly caused the unrest and ill-discipline amongst our senior pros?

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
I have not read the entirity of this thread, but I agree whole heartedly wth Voice of Reason, we need a leader on the pitch.
Is the problem two fold; that we have too many players who were ex-captains at there previous clubs and our current captain is a GK? we need an outfield player to step up to that role.
Also their maybe some discontent from some members of the promotion squad towards Carey for being rewarded with a significantly better contract?