Derek Adams has to go. | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters
Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":2vmgd88u said:
Tony_Flags":2vmgd88u said:
Andy Holland":2vmgd88u said:
Yeah, he did such a great job last time around. Clearly the best choice would be a guy who's been out of the game for years, too.

Why would we ever want to look forward when we can instead harp back to the past at every opportunity?

Because IMO Brent will not sack Adams unless there is a tangible event causing this.

Brent will not throw money away for gambling on better tactics as Adams has not become a bad manager overnight, but Brent may be forced if there is a real issue causing the unrest and shambles.

If Brent is forced then there will be no money for a "name" and there is already a cheap option in the city.

Wotton?
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 17, 2017
Steve Evans":231vwgvu said:
if adams does get dismissed the only man who can sort out this indiscipline is the laird.paul sturrock would kick many a backside.

not a chance keep him well away,

I'd rather stick with Derek.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i want to stick with derek but something is very wrong at argyle.sturrock is on site.i repeat if derek does get the chop or walks sturrock would sort out the indiscipline.

Apr 4, 2004
Sturrock yes please. At least his teams attempt to play football. Tisdale would be a dream appointment but won't happen. He's out of our reach. Really need shot of these useless clowns we have now. Keith Hill would be OK too.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Could see us possibly going on for Coughlan again should DA leave.

I too would go for Bentley however, or the Cowley brothers at Lincoln

Aug 5, 2016
Got to be Keith Hill for me.

I love DA but quite why there have been FOUR red cards in four home games and even a reserve game shows there is something very wrong happening behind the scenes.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
What about the lad at Newport ? FLYNN is it ? Saved them from a ridiculous position last year and near the playoffs now ! No budget too ! Could be a good outsider

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ming the merciless":2jpogvts said:
Sturrock yes please. At least his teams attempt to play football. Tisdale would be a dream appointment but won't happen. He's out of our reach. Really need shot of these useless clowns we have now. Keith Hill would be OK too.

Whilst you mention Tisdale's name, I would flag up the fact that Exeter City were more than happy to retain his services despite City being relegated a few seasons ago. There is nothing to say that Argyle's board will not be content to retain DA should this season prove to be a big disappointment come next May, and demonstrate loyalty.

May 8, 2011
Quintrell_Green":1agfxo8w said:
ming the merciless":1agfxo8w said:

Whilst you mention Tisdale's name, I would flag up the fact that Exeter City were more than happy to retain his services despite City being relegated a few seasons ago. There is nothing to say that Argyle's board will not be content to retain DA should this season prove to be a big disappointment come next May, and demonstrate loyalty.

On the Exeter Forum Exeweb there is a thread called Tisdale must go. It has nearly 5,500 posts from 2015, unsurprisingly there haven't been any recently.

Oct 24, 2013
DA has developed a knack of making statements in his post match interviews of saying things that we find perplexing at best and insulting at worst, but I think it is pretty clear that he is doing this to defend the players.

Interestingly, John Sheridan used to (and still does at Oldham) do the opposite, saying that he’s put the team through training, given the team talk and told them what to do and is therefore blameless if they fail to do it. The fault lies entirely with the players. Us fan base didn’t particularly like that either, but I guess it had a honesty that DA’s post match interviews seem to not possess currently, which frankly makes him seem a times a bit delusional.

I guess what I’m saying is when you face the media after continual poor performances, you are between a rock and a hard place. Who’d manage Argyle ‘eh?!

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
People are recommending managers who don't even have the credentials Derek Adams has.

Our form is bad. Our discipline is bad.
Poor form, or bad results will make determined "winners" frustrated. It's natural.

We started off the season playing well but not taking our chances. Now it's the whole team who are struggling. We can't walk this league, we have to understand this.

Derek Adams is the best manager we have had in a while. We have to cut him some slack. I genuinely think he's wants to build something at Argyle.

We're in September IT'S NOT A CRISIS. At this stage of the season 1 good month could change everything. No game is a must win. Focus your energy on supporting not criticising at any opportunity.

Most of us were happy when DA was making his signings, most thought we had a good calibre of player. Let's allow the team to settle. They will come good. We're a player or two short of a really good team.