Derek Adams has to go. | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters
Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
thomas that is a positive post and agree that derek is the best manager since sturrock in my opinion.however,every game should be a must win game and whilst at the moment we are not in crisis we should all be concerned with what we have just witnessed.problems on the pitch,dressing room and in the management pool allegedly.sturrock would be an ideal interim manager if he wanted it.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Adams still has fuel in the tank in my book but time is running out. It isn't just the results. It is the performances and the lack of discipline that are coming with it.

Two losses this week could seal his fate, especially if we fail to take many shots and/or see red.

Apr 4, 2004
I agree it's a tad early. But for him to stay the team needs to show something they haven't done for a while. These next couple of matches are huge. I hate the way we play under Adam's so I'd be delighted if he went now but that's me being selfish.

N

NorfolkGreen

Frazer Lloyd-Davies":3g76oe9k said:
Adams still has fuel in the tank in my book but time is running out. It isn't just the results. It is the performances and the lack of discipline that are coming with it.

Two losses this week could seal his fate, especially if we fail to take many shots and/or see red.

That's probably how I see it at the moment, performances are one thing continuing discipline issues is worrying.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
We are crying out for Paul Wotton - not the coach - the player.

Clearly not now - but the player of 10-15 years ago, someone who everyone knows who the leader is, a player that everyone in the team, the opposition, the crowd knows they care, knows they are going to be rolling their sleeves up and ready to dish out a few verbals to team-mates not pulling their weight.

Yes that's old school but we lack a bit of direction and focus. I know he had his critics, but he never hid, always wanted the ball, always ready to be the one who would try and get us on the front foot.

Maybe without Bradley, Edwards will perhaps see himself as the senior defender and take on the mantle.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Football always reminds you that the margins are so fine. I believe the MK Dons match was pivotal and the beginning of this downturn. We had been holding our own in previous games, but despite Carey's sending off we should have won that match comfortably - Grant's skier, Ciftci's 1 on 1 and Bradley's header from the corner.

Since then we have been on a downward spiral of lost confidence and a manager who finds himself making too many (and sometimes odd) changes in the vain hope of finding the answer. Barring maybe one individual, I suspect the lack of confidence and poor personal performances is causing the frustration and disciplinary issues.

There were very few who didn't think we could compete up to, and after the first few games (say, after Southend). With realistic expectations there is enough in this squad to survive comfortably in my opinion. The manager's job is to get that to come together - where he will be aided by returning better players. Until then, it's time hang in there and trust his instincts - there is a very long way to go.

Jul 7, 2006
Voice_of_Reason":31sgbb4e said:

Clearly not now - but the player of 10-15 years ago, someone who everyone knows who the leader is, a player that everyone in the team, the opposition, the crowd knows they care, knows they are going to be rolling their sleeves up and ready to dish out a few verbals to team-mates not pulling their weight.

Yes that's old school but we lack a bit of direction and focus. I know he had his critics, but he never hid, always wanted the ball, always ready to be the one who would try and get us on the front foot.

Maybe without Bradley, Edwards will perhaps see himself as the senior defender and take on the mantle.

Wotton is the defence coach so and if he is so good then why are we making the same defensive mistakes game after game and conceding early goals. Definitely not the man to be Manager.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Think you missed my whole point Narrow. We need a player like Paul Wotton, someone who leads.

I have no opinion on his ability to coach/manage - personally if we were looking at an EX player as a potential manager, Cocko would be high on my list.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Frank_Butcher":23ici8g8 said:
Football always reminds you that the margins are so fine. I believe the MK Dons match was pivotal and the beginning of this downturn. We had been holding our own in previous games, but despite Carey's sending off we should have won that match comfortably - Grant's skier, Ciftci's 1 on 1 and Bradley's header from the corner.

Since then we have been on a downward spiral of lost confidence and a manager who finds himself making too many (and sometimes odd) changes in the vain hope of finding the answer. Barring maybe one individual, I suspect the lack of confidence and poor personal performances is causing the frustration and disciplinary issues.

There were very few who didn't think we could compete up to, and after the first few games (say, after Southend). With realistic expectations there is enough in this squad to survive comfortably in my opinion. The manager's job is to get that to come together - where he will be aided by returning better players. Until then, it's time hang in there and trust his instincts - there is a very long way to go.

True, but I would go further back than that for the pivotal moment. I felt that we were competing pretty well with Scunthorpe, despite being a goal down and a man down (Sarcevic red card just before half-time) until they scored their second goal. Prior to that moment I felt pretty confident that Argyle could get back into that game. We were well on top for the first 10 minutes or so of the start of the second half. It was only after that we folded and they ran away with things. In fact, didn't their second goal come from a break away from one of our attacking corners? (Perhaps I am muddling things).

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The Doctor":vsobhz9t said:
Frank_Butcher":vsobhz9t said:

True, but I would go further back than that for the pivotal moment. I felt that we were competing pretty well with Scunthorpe, despite being a goal down and a man down (Sarcevic red card just before half-time) until they scored their second goal. Prior to that moment I felt pretty confident that Argyle could get back into that game. We were well on top for the first 10 minutes or so of the start of the second half. It was only after that we folded and they ran away with things. In fact, didn't their second goal come from a break away from one of our attacking corners? (Perhaps I am muddling things).

Fair point about Scunny. The reason I went for MK Dons being the defining game is that I thought they were a bottom half side, whereas Scunny were decent and will, I think be challenging. Which, given the way you describe our competitiveness that day, reinforces the point.

Sep 18, 2005
Voice_of_Reason":14xno4f6 said:

Paul Wotton is not the answer,he is a bully with poor technical ability he would loose the players within a month,when he played he was always blaming other players for his mistakes,his defensive coaching abilities are there too see,no clue at this level.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
What an absolute pile of tosh.

Poor technical ability my **** - they guy played 480+ times for us, was captain under some of the best managers we've ever had so hardly an endorsement of them if he was as you say "a bully, poor technically, blamed others" - amazing that so many astute managers made him captain really.

As it reads i'm not suggesting him for manager, we need a stand out player, who puffs his chest out and says "i'm in charge out here" - too many players going missing when its getting tough. Thats what Wotton (the player) gave us, even in dark times, or bad spells he'd be busting a gut to get everyone going, thats what we need from one of our current crop right now.

Oct 10, 2012
I don't think sacking him will do much. I really don't think the players are up to this standard either.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":2whtyowg said:
Ross county sack their manager.......hmmmm interesting

Notts County and Gillingham seats are free if he feels a stab at that is worth while (or a head butt, kick, trip or punch).