Derek's delighted | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek's delighted

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Lesley Somerville":29fatnc7 said:
I don't think what he's saying is unreasonable. We have had injury problems, and the sending offs, it could be argued, were the result of some questionable and inconsistent refereeing. The players are working very hard on the pitch from what I have seen at home games, and we have had some spells where we've done everything but score. That said, yes there are problems but I don't think they stem from the players necessarily. Some of it is to do with tactics and some with our unwillingness to shoot when a sideways pass is available. Our strikers could certainly spend time honing their shooting skills so when they do get an opportunity they don't hit the ball over the crossbar. Saturday's game is huge in terms of regaining confidence and starting to build momentum. I have everything crossed.

Lesley...you obviously didn't see the horror show at Walsall.No sending offs in that game at all and no injuries to any players. So no excuses can be made.A pretty decent ref as well who gave us a penalty to boot.I'm sure the 1200 odd Argyle fans who were there,and yes I was there wouldn't have been at all delighted with that performance.How Derek can be delighted whilst we are second bottom and with falling home crowds so early in the season is beyond me.They can't be any worse than that at Bury.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Seen 2 Home League Games This Season .....

Charlton & Scunthorpe

1 Win & 1 Defeat

Very impressed vs Charlton but disappointed vs Scunthorpe

Long season ahead and as usual remain upbeat & postive

COYGs

May 8, 2011
oddball":2q3xk3xy said:
Lesley Somerville":2q3xk3xy said:
I don't think what he's saying is unreasonable. We have had injury problems, and the sending offs, it could be argued, were the result of some questionable and inconsistent refereeing. The players are working very hard on the pitch from what I have seen at home games, and we have had some spells where we've done everything but score. That said, yes there are problems but I don't think they stem from the players necessarily. Some of it is to do with tactics and some with our unwillingness to shoot when a sideways pass is available. Our strikers could certainly spend time honing their shooting skills so when they do get an opportunity they don't hit the ball over the crossbar. Saturday's game is huge in terms of regaining confidence and starting to build momentum. I have everything crossed.

Lesley...you obviously didn't see the horror show at Walsall.No sending offs in that game at all and no injuries to any players. So no excuses can be made.A pretty decent ref as well who gave us a penalty to boot.I'm sure the 1200 odd Argyle fans who were there,and yes I was there wouldn't have been at all delighted with that performance.How Derek can be delighted whilst we are second bottom and with falling home crowds so early in the season is beyond me.They can't be any worse than that at Bury.

I was at Walsall and didn't consider it a horror show, seen a lot worst games over the years.

Oct 24, 2013
It is his job to motivate the players and reinstall their belief in their abilities. There's enough doom and gloom from the fan base, so an article like this, divisive as it is, is absolutely appropriate at this point. The fans are not the primary target of this article.

Sep 6, 2006
Rob_GT4":2ojcrnt3 said:
I know this is slightly controversial, but to be honest if you think individually about the team I don't actually think many of the players are playing badly relative to the standard we expect of them, it's more that they're playing at a level that is above them in a lot of cases, that's a very different thing and it's down to budget and quality, not how hard the players are trying.

So which players are playing at a level above themselves? I give you Blissett and Grant..... I think we have some good players more than capable of holding their own in this League but the balance of the squad is wrong. Very few goal scorers. Adams complacency is quite worrying however.

Feb 15, 2005
Here we go again blaming the referees inconsistencies for our plight. Edwards and Sarcevic were obvious sending offs for sure. The Carey is debatable but the FA have backed the referee so not much of a case to challenge there. Let's address the real problem of not looking like us scoring more than one in any game but certainly looking likely to concede more than one and hence confidence is plummeting south rather rapidly.

Do I think we can turn this around, I'm hopeful but not confident. It would be good for us to start to grind out some results and pointage.

Jan 6, 2004
We haven't actually played that badly - we have not had the rub of the green - I would put us mid-table when performances translate into results

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Lesley Somerville":zco5falb said:

But isn`that the aim?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Tuesday night, Songo`o in place of Carey and no width on the park but Wilde and Ainsworth on the bench, Lameiras supposedly brought in in case GC10 went elsewhere and he couldn`t buy a start, baffling.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
HC Green":gbf9d9nv said:
oddball":gbf9d9nv said:
Lesley Somerville":gbf9d9nv said:

I was at Walsall and didn't consider it a horror show, seen a lot worst games over the years.

Stop comparing everything to our past. We've been through a horror show and have come out the other side.

Let's detatch ourselves from that lead weight of past horrors otherwise failure will become acceptable once more

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Flash":2ccj1euu said:
We haven't actually played that badly - we have not had the rub of the green - I would put us mid-table when performances translate into results

Unfortunately it aint ballroom dancing. You dont get points for performance.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1nsu21ri said:
Green_Flash":1nsu21ri said:

Unfortunately it aint ballroom dancing. You dont get points for performance.

Although last Season, it seemed on here at least, that the performance was the issue, not the points.

Kept in context the article on the OS is nothing controversial really, just the honest opinion of the Manager in the circumstances.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I see it as Adams defending his players, most of them have put in a lot of effort, especially when down to 10 men.
Walsall aside we've been unlucky in a lot of games and we've missed a lot of good chances and two of the own goals were deflections.

Are we already getting into Sheridan territory where everything Adams says will be picked apart to look for the negatives?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
oddball":2hzb0ssl said:
Lesley Somerville":2hzb0ssl said:

Otherwise known as typical fickle Argyle fans. The Champions League is back on the TV, so as usual the plastics are at home cheering on their boys from Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, etc, etc...

May 16, 2016
jespafc":1uqde07s said:
oddball":1uqde07s said:
Lesley Somerville":1uqde07s said:

Otherwise known as typical fickle Argyle fans. The Champions League is back on the TV, so as usual the plastics are at home cheering on their boys from Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, etc, etc...

And the School holidays are over, also, we've not exactly experiencied tonights Arsenal level of away fans turning up recently.