Derek's delighted | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek's delighted

Mar 23, 2008
Guiri Green":1ju08x5c said:
oldage":1ju08x5c said:
I think some are missing the point. It's the word "delighted" which seems inappropriate.IMO this description of the current team's performance is OTT. Second from bottom,poor passing,poor finishing etc. How many fans are thrilled, overjoyed,(alternatives to delighted) No harm in raising morale but if DA is delighted with his overachieving team I am concerned.

It seems that some are indeed missing the point.

He's delighted with the players attitudes considering the recent run of results and events. He even said he'd be more delighted with the points we've dropped.

I've not seen or heard him being delighted with the results. If he was moaning or describing himself as being gutted, he'd be labelled defeatist.
Absolutely, can only see negativity if you look for it.

Oct 31, 2015
Balham_Green":vouxeru8 said:
Green_Flash":vouxeru8 said:
We haven't actually played that badly - we have not had the rub of the green - I would put us mid-table when performances translate into results

Unfortunately it aint ballroom dancing. You dont get points for performance.

Yep last season proved this point. We can count the good performances on one hand but we got the points. This season I would suggest our performances at times have been better but we are not getting points. Mind you playing with 11 players helps

Feb 8, 2005
There will always be ups and downs throughout the season. Lets just hope this is one of the downs, and that we find one of the ups pretty quickly. Performances, rather than results, suggest that this might well be the case.

May 3, 2016
The league table does not lie.

We are second from bottom, big game tomorrow must get something if only a point to stop the losing streak.

If we do have two more defeats over the next two games and I will start to worry, as it will prove two things:

1) The managers tactics are wrong (but will not change).
2) The players he bought in are not good enough.

P.S (3) Both of the above.

Oddball for president :banghead:

Mar 29, 2017
I agree with DA's sentiment, anyone with half a brain can see we are playing well and competing, it's just not falling our way at the moment. If we keep doing exactly as we have been, things will be fine.

May 3, 2016
If we carry on doing the same thing surely we will be bottom of the league?

:facepalm:

May 1, 2011
PAFCMatt84":2c3rdrj3 said:
I agree with DA's sentiment, anyone with half a brain can see we are playing well and competing, it's just not falling our way at the moment. If we keep doing exactly as we have been, things will be fine.

Sorry I don't see it that way, we having lots of possession yes and good spells in parts of games but that that does that not constitute playing well. We don't attack teams at home, they allow us to have possession without purpose and that smash us with quick counter attacking play. Anyone with half a brain can see that and it isn't all bad luck.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
If Adams is happy then i am reassured. The main thing is that the team keeps plugging away and doesn't start to come apart at the seams. The poor start is more a test of morale than anything else.