Devon Bowl Final 3rd May (Argyle win on penalties) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Devon Bowl Final 3rd May (Argyle win on penalties)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
MarkMatthews":v5y5dwwz said:
Fat_green_belly":v5y5dwwz said:
Fat_green_belly":v5y5dwwz said:
Totnes Green":v5y5dwwz said:
I thought Witheridge played very well. did not look tired at all. Argyle players that caught the eye, Callum Hall, Lewis Rooney and Dorel the goalie.

Would Probably give Callum Hall MOTM, I was at the end(of the club house side stand) that we defended second half, will be disappointed if that's the last I see of Owen Jones in an Argyle shirt, I thought he stood out today (particularly second half where he was in the half where I was watching him close up) and I think we look better all round when I've seen us play with him compared to when he is out (coincidence?)Also think Jordan Bentley (who was given MOTM) looks so much more reliable, confident, calmer and composed whilst playing with Jones/Aaron Bentley. Great to see Ben Steer back after yet another injury set back and being able to pick up where he left off from and was one of the more vocal ones as usual.

As for Calver and Palfrey, compare them to how they were 12 months ago! By far the most improved players, its like watching two completely different players, really done themselves and the club proud.

Overall I thought the game went really quick, old fashioned competitive game I really enjoyed it. Witheridge did themselves proud (as did their fans), much more pleasant atmosphere then against Bideford last year
Thanks for the summary of the game mark. Very interesting.
If you, or anybody else, could do some more on here in the future it would be really appreciated
especially opinions on how they are progressing individually. Ones to watch out for etc.
Will try to get along to parkway next season to see them. 10 minute walk for me.

I was approached by another fan site to do just that, Don't think I can post the links here so have PM you them as you've expressed interest. Also disappointed to hear last night, the Sunday Independent's Mike Sampson is retiring. Their coverage of the youth team is the only area where they beat the Herald hands down IMO. Sundays wont be the same not reading his column.
Thanks for the links. Will check them out shortly. I will also check that site regular for your youth
stuff in the future as well.
We share the same habits. I have been getting the sunday independent for years and agree with
you that mike Sampson retiring is a big loss. Wonder who will take over. You interested? :thumbup:
Haha would love to! Unfortunately I don't think a GCSE B in English and a city and guilds in Plumbing will get me a journalism job!
Don't you believe it - I have managed to write two books with just one GCE O level in English (and, crucially, no City and Guilds in Plumbing).