Do You Sit Usually in the Mayflower Lower ( League Games ) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do You Sit Usually in the Mayflower Lower ( League Games )

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Well, this fiasco goes from comical to hysterical doesn't it?
After 2 days of queuing & my Mam taking a day off work we finally got a ticket for the Mayflower Lower, row D. Here's how the sales conversation went:
Mam: 2 tickets for the Grandstand please
Sales Assistant: The only ones we have in the Grandstand are restricted view
Mam: What have you got without a restricted view?
Sales Assistant: The Lower Mayflower, that doesn't have a restricted view - I can get 2 tickets in row D

16:52 the day before the game the club leaves a voicemail - 'you're seats are now restricted view, call before 5 to swap them'

So how many of these temporary seats are actually going to make a profit once the club has moved all the people whose view will be blocked by them?

2,500 new seats - 800 now blocked ones??

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Never mind how much and thankfully that's the opinion of those in charge.

The easiest thing was not to have had these temporary seats in, but the decision was made because the club wanted more fans to see the match.

Funny really, the club run by an Ex banker takes this decisions and last season a Trust run club called Exeter decides to increase the prices massively for the same fixture.

Go figure.

A

acorn

I wonder how it would have gone down if all tickets were increase to £30 with the promise that the extra 100k ish was spent this window on a player.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Does anyone know Are the seats just for this one games or staying for the season?

Aug 2, 2011
A very simple moral to all this angst - buy a season ticket, support the club and then you do not have to worry about the plastics who are only turning out for a one off game.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Most in the now unusable Lower Mayflower are ST members and have been forced to travel again to Home Park today, to exchange their normal seats, for the uncovered temp seating area. I feel so sorry for those who must face changing to whatever pre - match tomorrow.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Presto":1mxhrrku said:
A very simple moral to all this angst - buy a season ticket, support the club and then you do not have to worry about the plastics who are only turning out for a one off game.

Yep. Again when the dust settles in a few weeks the club should start promoting season tickets for next season with the usual L2/L1 price difference and grab the floaters.

Or even advertise a nine game season ticket for this season.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
That's a couple of good ideas there posty. The nine game idea may bring a lot back if we are, as I expect, fighting for top spot(touch wood) come the last month or so.n

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
After this season I can see the White membership being very popular

Dec 21, 2015
Presto":8u4wf2an said:

I hate this word PLASTICS and the people that use the term....

The only fans at the game tomorrow will be members or those who met previous booking history

Oh apart from any tickets bought by Season tickets holders to give to mates for a one off game

Sick and tired at the digs

Get a grip

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
TonyD":3s7iab90 said:
Presto":3s7iab90 said:

I hate this word PLASTICS and the people that use the term....

The only fans at the game tomorrow will be members or those who met previous booking history

Oh apart from any tickets bought by Season tickets holders to give to mates for a one off game

Sick and tired at the digs

Get a grip
Not strictly true. They also went on general sale this morning to anyone living in the PL, TQ, TR and EX postcodes without booking history. By the way, I also hate the term plastics.

TonyD":2pd18rot said:

But isn't that the problem? If I was still in Plymouth, I'd have had a ST. My mates all had STs. So, being the unreasonable SOB that I am, In theory I could have flogged my 4 (FOUR!!!! ) spares to guys at the pub who never go, and made a healthy profit. THEY are the plastics.

If the mates are interested enough to watch Argyle v Liverpool, they should be interested enough to buy a ST and watch Argyle v Barnet.

There are of course bigger issues, like the club seemingly not maintaining a database of POTD fans.

Anyway, there should be a thorough review after this game (and before the Wolves game!) of the ticketing process. We are a long, long way behind other clubs, so let's see this as an opportunity to get it right next time.

Argyle 2, Liverpool 1. Geddon!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Jerry you into the Goslings already????

:stout:

Can't bleedin' wait. My local is the home of the Liverpool supporters club (as it is for the Argyle Supporters club, but there's only one of us). All I hope for is a decent performance, and for Sonny to take the pi55 again, with wet willies and tickling.