Do You Sit Usually in the Mayflower Lower ( League Games ) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do You Sit Usually in the Mayflower Lower ( League Games )

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's also the possibility that exiles who don't buy season tickets (because they can't make the games, doh) spend far more on merchandise.

It seems fans are only acknowledged if they buy season tickets or match tickets and their names are stored on the database ready for the big games when tickets are limited.

Perhaps the club should have a database whereby any (exiled) fan who is not on the match ticket database but spends over £300 in the shop or website superstore in a single season gets a certain priority for the big games.
Surely it can't be too difficult to set-up a database like that.

Dec 21, 2015
Living in Exeter I tried to get one of the no history requirements - I usually potd so have no booking history although am on the database

2 hrs and 21 minutes and 103 phone calls later I got through waited in a telephone que of 21 to be told sold out

I have no problem with missing out due to the high demand but it does annoy to be described as a plastic by those that obtained extra tickets to give away (sell) to mates who have not been for years and will not return for years ...

I do hope the club learn some lessons from the last 3 weeks -

I will be cheering the team on from the pub so hope all that are there create an amazing atmosphere and make it a memorable night

COYG

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":1lvhy3rq said:
There's also the possibility that exiles who don't buy season tickets (because they can't make the games, doh) spend far more on merchandise.

It seems fans are only acknowledged if they buy season tickets or match tickets and their names are stored on the database ready for the big games when tickets are limited.

Perhaps the club should have a database whereby any (exiled) fan who is not on the match ticket database but spends over £300 in the shop or website superstore in a single season gets a certain priority for the big games.

If the away tickets are bought through Argyle then they are on the database so if they bought more than 5 games over the last 2 season they would qualify.
Although this won't solve the problem of not having an adequate online purchasing process. Perhaps a system of allocating a number of tickets to each affiliated supporters club could be brought in. This may encourage more fan groups to get organised and give the 'supporter liaison officer' a proper role.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I am sure the club will learn some lessons for the future and likewise I am sure or hope that many fans will learn some lessons too. If you are confident you will be able to attend 5 or 6 games during the season then get that white membership rather than pay on the day. Same for away fans, book your tickets through the box office rather than potd.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":3ih93fan said:
PL2 3DQ":3ih93fan said:

If the away tickets are bought through Argyle then they are on the database so if they bought more than 5 games over the last 2 season they would qualify.
Although this won't solve the problem of not having an adequate online purchasing process. Perhaps a system of allocating a number of tickets to each affiliated supporters club could be brought in. This may encourage more fan groups to get organised and give the 'supporter liaison officer' a proper role.

My point was about merchandise bought by exiles. Some may spend more on merchandise than others do on match tickets.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
On the exiles point, a cheaper alternative (especially if you're not able to guarantee attending certain number of games) is to become a member of the Big Green Lottery (ex Argyle Foundation).

Not even £10 a month with cash prizes weekly, monthly and the £12,000 annual draw. Members have same ticket priority as White Members plus you're supporting the Academy and hopefully some future first team stars.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
keyser soze":29kzygfs said:
greenwhale":29kzygfs said:
keyser soze":29kzygfs said:
Did they say how many rows were affected?
No details on how, who are going to be affected so going to move rather than take a chance.
Thanks Greenwhale. The incompetence at our club is beyond belief, you'd at least think having made a massive cock-up they could then take time to work out who might be affected. I'm in the back row of the Mayflower so fingers crossed currently!

Yeah totally incompetent!? I think the club has made a superb effort to get these extra seats in and not making anything on it either. As posted earlier, its a scaffold pole! I doubt this will affect the view too much. Your post is beyond belief mate!

Dec 19, 2009
999mattyg":3awci2rs said:
keyser soze":3awci2rs said:
greenwhale":3awci2rs said:
keyser soze":3awci2rs said:
No details on how, who are going to be affected so going to move rather than take a chance.
Thanks Greenwhale. The incompetence at our club is beyond belief, you'd at least think having made a massive cock-up they could then take time to work out who might be affected. I'm in the back row of the Mayflower so fingers crossed currently!

Yeah totally incompetent!? I think the club has made a superb effort to get these extra seats in and not making anything on it either. As posted earlier, its a scaffold pole! I doubt this will affect the view too much. Your post is beyond belief mate!
I suggest you checkout the the photo link on page 33 of '1800 temporary mayflower seats' thread before you critise sonny!! For your information, as you obviously know jack, the view is so badly compromised the poor, already overworked staff in the Box Office have had to try and contact everybody with tickets for the Mayflower (400 I believe) and shift them to where they'll actually be able to see the game. Still this obviously doesn't affect you so why should you care, enjoy the game from your usual seat in the Lyndhurst, Devonport, Grandstand or wherever!

Before my 4 years in exile, I sat in The Lower Mayflower as a season ticket holder for many years.

I would say that those in my closest vicinity would have been there for a similar period of time ?

There are those who I still see - yes in my 2/3 games each season in August/September - walking past me, who would also fit that category.

Simply, we say hello, shake our hands and say goodbye.

It is a hard core of a few hundred only ?

But regular season ticket holders - the life blood of The Club ?

When standing was permitted in front of us - none of us found that disturbing.

Yet, when it was removed - it lost "something" ?

We were marooned - under The Main Grandstand but a long way from the other 3 sides of the horseshoe - as I say marooned !

But we were together as seasoned campaigners - so we stuck together, as always.

Now [for how long ?] I see we have additional seating for the Liverpool game.

I am pleased that The Club have filled that hideous gap.

That Nomansland !

That feeling of being marooned is no more - good.

But at what cost to the regulars ?

How many will need to move from their "favourite" vantage point, where they have sat through good and bad times, wind and rain, heat and cold because for - one night only folks - your view will be restricted.

It WILL be great to see Home Park bursting at the seams - I only wish I was there - instead of listening on Argyle Player at 4.00 am on Thursday morning.

I post this for only 1 reason.

Please PAFC, do NOT forget the people [not just The Lower Mayflower seating] who have stood by you, next to you, beside you when times were hard.

Remember them as they remember you.

This is the time when memories should be sharp.

They want nothing in return, simply to be remembered - as do all Argyle fans when it matters.

Good luck tonight Derek and The Boys

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
999mattyg":2jsgy0d1 said:
keyser soze":2jsgy0d1 said:
greenwhale":2jsgy0d1 said:
keyser soze":2jsgy0d1 said:

Everyone had to move from their usual Lower Mayflower seats, with only the new seats (were everyone will stand all game), or the Disabled stand with a totally obstructed view because of the new stand seats available.