Does Adams really believe what he is saying ? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does Adams really believe what he is saying ?

May 1, 2011
nick623":14to60e3 said:
The comments from here seem to be lets blame DA for our failures this season. As I have already said he has not had the resources to do the job. It has been suggested this am on here that we have to play the Chelsea lad otherwise we have to pay his full wages, and we cannot afford to pay RRs treatment. If this is the case then the situation is much worse than I imagined. No I do not know the budget, but what I do know is we can only offer short term (one year) contracts and rely on loan players. That is not a recipe for success. When RR and Carey are gone at the end of the season then I suppose DA can be blamed for that too. Deluded fools. I know lets change the manager (again). Bunch of jokers.

Just to point out Rovers have not made one signing since the Jordanian investment and no one from what I can see is calling for Adams to be sacked.

Mar 14, 2009
Bristol Rich":2he2938u said:
nick623":2he2938u said:
The comments from here seem to be lets blame DA for our failures this season. As I have already said he has not had the resources to do the job. It has been suggested this am on here that we have to play the Chelsea lad otherwise we have to pay his full wages, and we cannot afford to pay RRs treatment. If this is the case then the situation is much worse than I imagined. No I do not know the budget, but what I do know is we can only offer short term (one year) contracts and rely on loan players. That is not a recipe for success. When RR and Carey are gone at the end of the season then I suppose DA can be blamed for that too. Deluded fools. I know lets change the manager (again). Bunch of jokers.

Just to point out Rovers have not made one signing since the Jordanian investment and no one from what I can see is calling for Adams to be sacked.

Not sure the point your making as surely being from Bristol you would of known the deal wasn't even completed until after the January transfer window. So they could of only brought in loans.

Being in stages of being completed and this article was 19th of Feb

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTO...anian-family/story-28763788-detail/story.html

But if that's not enough, there was this

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...-oliver-mcburnie-joins-bristol-rovers-on-loan

Looks like they did bring in a player on loan.

May 1, 2011
Ok so one loan signing hardly proves the point that the investment has made little difference this season. I was referring to permanent signings but I'll take your point. The guy has been mostly a sub although he is pretty highly rated, Adams has has plenty of loan signings so I think it's fair to say that there is no advantage there to Rovers over us.

Mar 14, 2009
Bristol Rich":36kyc30n said:
Ok so one loan signing hardly proves the point that the investment has made little difference this season. I was referring to permanent signings but I'll take your point. The guy has been mostly a sub although he is pretty highly rated, Adams has has plenty of loan signings so I think it's fair to say that there is no advantage there to Rovers over us.

Maybe we had more loans its because our squad had more injuries than theirs so we needed more cover?

As to you point about investment I cant understand how you cant think it doesn't prove the point. Your words were "I am referring to permanent signings". Well the takeover wasn't complete until after the January window so how could the new Rovers Jordanian board sign anyone, except someone on loan, as the permanent window had slammed shut before the takeover.

May 1, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":1zr7jzg0 said:
Bristol Rich":1zr7jzg0 said:

Maybe we had more loans its because our squad had more injuries than theirs so we needed more cover?

As to you point about investment I cant understand how you cant think it doesn't prove the point. Your words were "I am referring to permanent signings". Well the takeover wasn't complete until after the January window so how could the new Rovers Jordanian board sign anyone, except someone on loan, as the permanent window had slammed slut before the takeover.

The point is one we are agreeing on then, as Rovers were bought after the transfer window it's incorrect for the poster to state they have had sufficient investment. Before they were bought out they were signing the likes of Fallon on loan!

Mar 14, 2009
Bristol Rich":o64mj2r3 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":o64mj2r3 said:
Bristol Rich":o64mj2r3 said:

As to you point about investment I cant understand how you cant think it doesn't prove the point. Your words were "I am referring to permanent signings". Well the takeover wasn't complete until after the January window so how could the new Rovers Jordanian board sign anyone, except someone on loan, as the permanent window had slammed shut before the takeover.

The point is one we are agreeing on then, as Rovers were bought after the transfer window it's incorrect for the poster to state they have hadiabetes sufficient investment. Before they were bought out they were signing the likes of Fallon on loan!

Totally. They have provided a feel good factor like we have had with our new investment.

However, considering the repeated injuries we have had to Reid and McHugh whilst Brunt being out for the season you could argue if Rovers had injuries to key players maybe they would be struggling to obtain top 3 too. Plus there is no doubt they would of dipped into the loan transfer market more.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
To add some numerical data to this argument, I have gone on to B/Rovers website and counted 22 players on their player profile page. Now, this compares with the 25 names that Argyle recently listed on the back of a home Programme. These names include the likes of Dean Smalley, Callum Hall, Louis Rooney, Ryan Lane and Cory Harvey.

I would assume that Bristol Rovers would include all their contracted players, but what I do not know, is whether the Rovers web-site is up to date. If it is anything like Argyles Official Site it is possibly also well behind the times. I have not looked recently, but it showed Wotts as a player long after he had retired from playing.

I agree with the contention that the 'feel good factor' at Rovers following the Middle Eastern investor arrival has generated impetus to their late season winning form.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Metal_Green_Mickey":2pwfhf1i said:
Weird how none of the stuff Adams said at the start of the season is highlighted.

Wasn't it him who said this league everyone preforms better away from home. He said how the away teams would do better overall in this league. Oxford are a shining example of this currently. If it wasn't for their away from since Christmas they wouldn't be still in the top 3. Its therefore no surprise Argyle have a much better record away from home than at home. I think he could see from those comments he made that he had may have an issue in trying to win at HP and that it would actually be easier to build a side who could perform away.

It was also him that said our defence would leak more goals than last year. He already knew what an more open style of play would bring. It would expose these players weaknesses more.

He knew the problems he faced before a ball was kicked. He had so little time to change things in pre-season that I think we will see just how good DA is next season should we fail in our playoff attempt.

If he fails, I guess the people who don't believe in him currently will be right. Yet if he does turn it around I hope that people will realise that 12 months in football management isn't enough time to build a club.
Very interesting, so Adams knew exactly how the season would pan out and not just for Argyle.

Away teams would do better, it would be harder for us to win at HP, "our defence would leak more goals than last year" and he knew the problems a more open style of play would bring.

All very impressive for a Manager supposedly still learning how to be a Manager after 8 years, as we are constantly reminded every time he gets it wrong by those seeking to defend him.

But to quote MGM, "He knew the problems he faced before a ball was kicked".

Just a thought, if Adams knew all this before the season even started it begs the question, why hasn't he done something about it over the last 9 months?

But the more interesting thing about this is that it completely contradicts the green tints and sycophants who constantly use Adams lack of knowledge of English League 2 as an excuse for his shortcomings.

Apparently, he knew exactly what to expect.

Quintrell_Green":3l64qzrn said:
To add some numerical data to this argument, I have gone on to B/Rovers website and counted 22 players on their player profile page. Now, this compares with the 25 names that Argyle recently listed on the back of a home Programme. These names include the likes of Dean Smalley, Callum Hall, Louis Rooney, Ryan Lane and Cory Harvey.

I would assume that Bristol Rovers would include all their contracted players, but what I do not know, is whether the Rovers web-site is up to date. If it is anything like Argyles Official Site it is possibly also well behind the times. I have not looked recently, but it showed Wotts as a player long after he had retired from playing.

I agree with the contention that the 'feel good factor' at Rovers following the Middle Eastern investor arrival has generated impetus to their late season winning form.
I got the daggers prog in front of me.
We have 19 with harvey, rooney and hall amongst them.
The other 6 are injured reid, brunt and simpson. Nardiello no longer with us?
Bittner not likely to play and of course "green army". :scarf:
So only 16 of the possible usual starters. Daggers had 25 named as well. Most teams have bigger squads
than us according to progs i have. Wombles had 29 and luton 30 of the ones i have to hand.
Just shows how small our squad is.
Rovers according to wiki has 25pros at moment.

Mar 14, 2009
demportdave":1lb99tft said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1lb99tft said:
Weird how none of the stuff Adams said at the start of the season is highlighted.

Wasn't it him who said this league everyone preforms better away from home. He said how the away teams would do better overall in this league. Oxford are a shining example of this currently. If it wasn't for their away from since Christmas they wouldn't be still in the top 3. Its therefore no surprise Argyle have a much better record away from home than at home. I think he could see from those comments he made that he had may have an issue in trying to win at HP and that it would actually be easier to build a side who could perform away.

It was also him that said our defence would leak more goals than last year. He already knew what an more open style of play would bring. It would expose these players weaknesses more.

He knew the problems he faced before a ball was kicked. He had so little time to change things in pre-season that I think we will see just how good DA is next season should we fail in our playoff attempt.

If he fails, I guess the people who don't believe in him currently will be right. Yet if he does turn it around I hope that people will realise that 12 months in football management isn't enough time to build a club.
Very interesting, so Adams knew exactly how the season would pan out and not just for Argyle.

Away teams would do better, it would be harder for us to win at HP, "our defence would leak more goals than last year" and he knew the problems a more open style of play would bring.

All very impressive for a Manager supposedly still learning how to be a Manager after 8 years, as we are constantly reminded every time he gets it wrong by those seeking to defend him.

Just a thought, if Adams knew all this before the season even started it begs the question, why hasn't he done something about it over the last 9 months?

But the more interesting thing about this is that it completely contradicts the green tints and sycophants who constantly use Adams lack of knowledge of English League 2 as an excuse for his shortcomings.

Do you not remember him saying this? If he said these things then surely he had an idea of what to expect. Doesn't mean he has all the answers, does it?

Perhaps having such a short pre-season to prepare meant he couldn't do what he wanted.

And he doesn't get everything wrong. There are 78 reasons proving that to be wrong.

But keep spouting your negativity crap against him. Your the kind of person who will never be happy. Whether that is because of Adams or someone else. Even if we got promoted via the playoffs and next season we struggled in league one you would probably be the first shouting on here saying lets sack him.

You have zero patience.

Do you hate Argyle? If you don't, you have a weird way of pretending your a fan.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Metal_Green_Mickey":28ri8dvu said:
demportdave":28ri8dvu said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":28ri8dvu said:

Do you not remember him saying this? If he said these things then surely he had an idea of what to expect. Doesn't mean he has all the answers, does it?

Perhaps having such a short pre-season to prepare meant he couldn't do what he wanted.

And he doesn't get everything wrong. There are 78 reasons proving that to be wrong.

But keep spouting your negativity crap against him. Your the kind of person who will never be happy. Whether that is because of Adams or someone else. Even if we got promoted via the playoffs and next season we struggled in league one you would probably be the first shouting on here saying lets sack him.

You have zero patience.

Do you hate Argyle? If you don't, you have a weird way of pretending your a fan.
You really are a foolish person, prone to irrational and emotional outbursts; perhaps you should let the red mist clear before you post.

Firstly, if you had read an earlier I post of mine you would be aware that I am on record as saying that Adams should be the Manager next season. I have never called for his removal and never will but as is usual with you, let's not let the facts get in the way.

The points I made were to counter the views put forward by those who keep saying that Adams is a young Manager who is still learning. I don't accept that view, but that's just my opinion.

You find it hard to accept that other people don't share your particular point of view, even though that is the whole point of a discussion board.

If we all agreed on everything, what would be the point of PASOTI?

But you are not intelligent enough to understand that or sufficiently articulate to express yourself without reverting to overly aggressive responses.

As for you accusing somebody else of having "zero patience", the irony of that is wasted on you!

Mar 14, 2009
demportdave":19qq9th5 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":19qq9th5 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":19qq9th5 said:

You have zero patience.

You really are a foolish person, prone to irrational and emotional outbursts; perhaps you should let the red mist clear before you post.

Firstly, if you had read an earlier I post of mine you would be aware that I am on record as saying that Adams should be the Manager next season. I have never called for his removal and never will but as is usual with you, let's not let the facts get in the way.

The points I made were to counter the views put forward by those who keep saying that Adams is a young Manager who is still learning. I don't accept that view, but that's just my opinion.

You find it hard to accept that other people don't share your particular point of view, even though that is the whole point of a discussion board.

If we all agreed on everything, what would be the point of PASOTI?

But you are not intelligent enough to understand that or sufficiently articulate to express yourself without reverting to overly aggressive responses.

As for you accusing somebody else of having "zero patience", the irony of that is wasted on you!

Ok sorry my intelligence let me down but I swear you said the following

Adams has been in a state of denial for some time now. From saying that we were going to finish above Northampton at the end of January, he is now telling us that we have over achieved as we limp into the play-offs with the inevitable disappointing conclusion to our season which offered so much promise for so long.

Much of what he said recently has been intended to disguise his all too obvious tactical shortcomings, even the green tints and sycophants have criticised his obsession with playing 1 forward.

I gave up on Adams after the Exeter debacle when it was obvious to everyone that we were struggling in midfield after Tisdale's 2nd half substitutions which changed the game and put us on the back foot. McHugh and Houghton were visibly tiring and dropping ever deeper and in the end, his refusal to introduce fresh legs in midfield cost us 3 points.

For Adams to then come out after the match and say that the ineffectual Houghton was "head and shoulders the best player on the pitch" was unbelievable.

If saying "I gave up on Adams after the Exeter debacle" isn't stating you don't support the manager then I don't know what is. Whilst then you haven't asked for his removal, you have already stated you don't believe in him so explain to me what exactly is that stating? You obviously don't think he is good enough else you wouldn't of said that. Whilst its not calling for his head its nothing short of defeatism that things cant get better under him.

You explain how a comment like that shows support to our manager? Your just waiting for him to fail.

Sorry about my overly aggressive posts but the red mist didn't seem to get in the way of your "supportive" post regarding Adams. If the red mist did get in the way maybe it could of saved me from pointing out when someone contradicts themselves in the same thread I just find it bemusing.

Sorry, promise next time to let the red mist engulf me so I don't post a factual message of yours and wonder how you can state on one hand "I gave up on Adams after the Exeter debacle" to telling me "I am on record as saying that Adams should be the Manager next season".

Yeah so, lets not let facts get in the way. Unless giving up on your manager is your version of getting behind him next year. He has no chance with a fans attitude like that.

Oh and I don't have any issue with different opinion to myself. I just question those who contradict themselves and who have nothing positive to say about Argyle, at all!