Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

May 8, 2011
If knowing what to do is knowing when things aren't working then change things, yesterday's early double substitution would suggest the manager does know what to do to get results.

I also like the way he certainly lets the players know when he isn't happy. He certainly did that yesterday.

Jul 6, 2005
cheshiregreen":2qonyxrl said:
So this thread has been dormant since the Carlisle game.

What's the verdict after our run of victories?

I was one of those who suggested we would be slow starters with all the new players. However, while we are clearly not playing like world beaters, the side has some backbone & gathered successive wins to take us to 3rd.

Still early days, but seems we may be able to allow ourselves a little optimism for the season ahead.
Yes, it's possible that Argyle might be competitive in Divsion 4 this season, our 6th at this level.

It is a great achievement.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":p4x05tyi said:
If knowing what to do is knowing when things aren't working then change things, yesterday's early double substitution would suggest the manager does know what to do to get results.

I also like the way he certainly lets the players know when he isn't happy. He certainly did that yesterday.

'when things aren't working'. Perhaps because of the original tactics?

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":a5o4j4na said:
HC Green":a5o4j4na said:

or the weather conditions
or the opposition
or a player is having a mare

or to err is human

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":3d2a6s5n said:
Balham_Green":3d2a6s5n said:
HC Green":3d2a6s5n said:

or the weather conditions
or the opposition
or a player is having a mare

or to err is human

Yeah the last one!

Sep 28, 2003
London
There's no doubt that it's been a superb start to the season, but I think considering last season's decline it'd be worth waiting until April/May before sweeping assessments are made either way.

Jul 6, 2005
HC Green":232396gy said:
Time for an update?
An update on what?

Have you learned nothing from last season and you're counting your chickens again.

A tad premature I would suggest when there is still 33 games to play.

Like many a team before, we have had a good start to a very long season, but that's all we have done. And welcome as it is, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
demportdave":egvls6rl said:
HC Green":egvls6rl said:
Time for an update?
An update on what?

Have you learned nothing from last season and you're counting your chickens again.

A tad premature I would suggest when there is still 33 games to play.

Like many a team before, we have had a good start to a very long season, but that's all we have done. And welcome as it is, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

This, it is only common sense.

Dec 2, 2005
London
After 2 games: "The manager doesn't know what he's doing. The new players are not as good as the old ones. We're doomed."

After 13 games: "Let's wait until the end of the season before jumping to any conclusions."

Aug 13, 2011
Hmmm? Strange post, 3 clear at the top, unbeaten for 10 games, it's a pretty lucky streak for a novice! I do think Adams could field Tanner from the start in more games simply because I rate him as the second most influential ball carrier and creative talent we have besides Carey. His loan spell is being rather wasted in my opinion. However, more broadly, the record this season you can't dispute, he knows what he is doing. The team's morale has been immediately resurrected after a play off disappointment. No expected hangover from that is testimony to his managerial skills.

Aug 5, 2016
I thought Pompey was THE test, that all our performances until now were against crap teams, and Pompey would be too much for us.

But since we played some good football, scored two goals and didnt lose, now we have to wait until the end of the season before casting judgements.

Jul 6, 2005
LostPilgrim":1d62lwul said:
After 2 games: "The manager doesn't know what he's doing. The new players are not as good as the old ones. We're doomed."

After 13 games: "Let's wait until the end of the season before jumping to any conclusions."
An astute and pithy observation.

After starting with 3 straight defeats and no goals scored I was amused to find myself defending Adams against some of the people who would brooch no criticism of him regarding our shocking capitulation last season, but who were now panicking and writing off this season before August Bank Holiday weekend!

Most football forums have their fair share of knee-jerkers but we may have more than most.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It's pasoti that keeps the orthopedic surgeons at Derriford in a job.