Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

Aug 2, 2011
A few posters on here should have the decency to apologise to DAnfor some of the crass comments made re his drive to achieve promotion.

Thank you DA and thank you James Brent for having faith.

Mar 14, 2009
To be honest I feel I got nothing to apologise for.

I got it wrong about the team finishing in the playoffs. Instead they finished in the top 3 and promotion was achieved. I never said the team was poor. I just questioned their credentials of being good enough to make the step up from a playoff team to a top 3 side.

The type of football served up and the number of defeats this season means whether people are willing to accept it or not there were issues that need addressing regarding how we play at home and unfortunately those questions still don't have the answers.

We showed a lot of character and worked damned hard. That to me has what has got us promoted.

I do want to finish up by saying its not that I don't think DA knows what he is doing. Its just I honestly don't think his game plan is surrendering possession as much as we have in a number of games and allowing teams to have the chances they did. No manager would want to see a opposition team have the opportunities they did because your giving them the chance to score. Its then down to whether they are capable or not if they score and not if your defence have coped with opposition players.

I also think what manager would believe leaving your one and only forward as isolated as Taylor, Spencer, Garita, Blissett etc have been this season as something of a tactical success. Or punting the ball high, long and aimless not even in their general direction as a master stroke. I cant believe this is part of his game plan and this is his instructions to the players. Which means that the system hasn't worked in a number of games.

Basically, Adams has done some wonderful things. Lets be honest though he has gone some things badly wrong. So whilst today he deserves a lot of praise I do think some of the constructive criticism has been genuinely deserved.

Anyhow, I don't want to go over old ground on what has been a fabulous day. People have their beliefs about this season and I will have mine.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Knibbsworth":10rawehw said:
Why did he only play ONE UP FRONT today!!!?

Same old garbage!

Plenty of games this year when it didn't, games when we didn't have a shot on goal against teams in the bottom 6.

Not saying you don't have a point, but rushing on here to say "I told you so" doesn't half make you look like an arse.

I'll be hoping for more expansive football in League 1 next year, personally - simply because it's more enjoyable to watch than the "batten down the hatches" football we've had through large parts of this season.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Today proved to the people on here who are stuck in the dark ages believing that 442 is the only way to play, that you can score goals and threaten constantly with a lone striker, so long as you have players supporting and linking with him. Excellent attacking display.

Aug 5, 2016
Andy Holland":1bppb014 said:
Knibbsworth":1bppb014 said:
Why did he only play ONE UP FRONT today!!!?

Same old garbage!

Plenty of games this year when it didn't, games when we didn't have a shot on goal against teams in the bottom 6.

Not saying you don't have a point, but rushing on here to say "I told you so" doesn't half make you look like an arse.

I'll be hoping for more expansive football in League 1 next year, personally - simply because it's more enjoyable to watch than the "batten down the hatches" football we've had through large parts of this season.

I'll take looking like an arse when it means getting promoted with three matches to go.

You can keep on saying "I told you so" every time we don't win snowflake.