EFL survey - Plymouth | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL survey - Plymouth

Apr 4, 2015
Andy Holland":1l4f2338 said:
Kevin_Dacombe":1l4f2338 said:
I'm happy to do surveys about my football club, but not one for the Daily Mail who peddle lies and hate throughout the country.

Perfectly phrased. Awful, awful publication. Journalists working for any part of that fascist rag can quite frankly eff off.

michaelfoot2.jpg

I find it so perplexing how those that profess tolerance are themselves so intolerant of those that have different views than them. Do you actually know what a fascist is or is it just anyone who disagrees with you.
:think: :wave:

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Spoke up for Mosley and his thugs before the war. Hasn't changed much. Nasty narrow minded vindictive little rag. No thanks.

Feb 28, 2016
Bernie Bernbaum":29yvymh2 said:
Spoke up for Mosley and his thugs before the war. Hasn't changed much. Nasty narrow minded vindictive little rag. No thanks.

Not to mention the father of the current Rothermere, was a friend of Hitler and an admirer of Mussolini.

D

DuncMcRae

Hang on guys.. maybe this thread is the REAL survey... seeing how people would be willing to take part in such a survey...

Sep 28, 2003
London
freddie2greens":355nh4u6 said:
Andy Holland":355nh4u6 said:
Kevin_Dacombe":355nh4u6 said:
I'm happy to do surveys about my football club, but not one for the Daily Mail who peddle lies and hate throughout the country.

Perfectly phrased. Awful, awful publication. Journalists working for any part of that fascist rag can quite frankly eff off.

michaelfoot2.jpg

I find it so perplexing how those that profess tolerance are themselves so intolerant of those that have different views than them. Do you actually know what a fascist is or is it just anyone who disagrees with you.

It isn't about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about basic morality.

But what would you call it when the Mail runs the headline "ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE" about judges who come to a decision they don't agree with? How's that for tolerance of different viewpoints?

Then again, you're the guy who comes into a thread about racist chanting to go on about suicide bombers, so is there any point engaging with you?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
freddie2greens":19ejysz6 said:
Andy Holland":19ejysz6 said:
Kevin_Dacombe":19ejysz6 said:

michaelfoot2.jpg

I accept the right of people to print and read what they want (within the bounds of the law), but I don't accept therefore that I have to be tolerant of views that I find utterly reprehensible and that, in my mind, peddle a filthy brand of gutter politics of greed, envy and prejudice. Any more than some people will doubtless be I ntrolerant of my left wing views. It's about what I think is right, and the Daily Mail is not it. Period. So up yours Mr Survey man.

Mar 18, 2014
so which newspapers are we, the great unwashed, actually permitted to read? Every last one of them will be full of the lies whichever political party that sponsors them, wants them to try and brainwash us with.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Vampires11":18zk7fsu said:
so which newspapers are we, the great unwashed, actually permitted to read? Every last one of them will be full of the lies whichever political party that sponsors them, wants them to try and brainwash us with.

It's not about what paper you read, it's about questioning what you read and engaging with it critically. It's not about the great unwashed, it's about not taking diatribe, opinion and polemic as fact. As you say, they all peddle something. That's true whether you read one type of paper or another. I read papers of a different political point of view to mine as well as those that I have sympathy with. Know thine enemy and all that... and sometimes, it's a healthy check on what you assume to be right. The problem these days is that with social media buzfeed crap people only end up looking at (often fake) news that supports their own little world view. So we end up in little camps that don't engage with each other, and with more extreme and intolerant views as a consequence. Kids should be taught how to critically engage with news at school these days.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Vampires11":3chf8m9g said:

I tend to read the Guardian (online), although the feminism articles can be a little repetitive, and sometimes The Independent. I put everything through my very subjective and cynical personal filter. The paper has to be well written and at least make some attempt at a balanced and nuanced view---The Mail continually fails these tests (and The Express, The Sun, The Telegraph---)

Aug 2, 2011
Seems this has degenerated into a load of political diatribes. There is as many left wing murderers Stalin and Mao Tsoi Tung to name but two as right wing extremists. Michael Foot may have been an Argyle supporter but he dishonoured those who died in WW2 by turning up as a total
Scruff bag at the Cenotaph. And yes there are equal numbers of sh-ts on the right. Lets stick to the footie and forget the political ideologicsl rants.

Jul 29, 2010
Vampires11":1gv52sdh said:
I can't believe in this day and age anyone still reads newspapers at all.

Jul 29, 2010
Forest of Dean Green":3fbfsv3t said:
Vampires11":3fbfsv3t said:

It's not about what paper you read, it's about questioning what you read and engaging with it critically. It's not about the great unwashed, it's about not taking diatribe, opinion and polemic as fact. As you say, they all peddle something. That's true whether you read one type of paper or another. I read papers of a different political point of view to mine as well as those that I have sympathy with. Know thine enemy and all that... and sometimes, it's a healthy check on what you assume to be right. The problem these days is that with social media buzfeed crap people only end up looking at (often fake) news that supports their own little world view. So we end up in little camps that don't engage with each other, and with more extreme and intolerant views as a consequence. Kids should be taught how to critically engage with news at school these days.
Hell yeah, have one of my rare but always justified bows :nworthy:

Absorb a narrow stream of information and you'll gain nothing but a narrow mind.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Forest of Dean Green":29kyicy9 said:
freddie2greens":29kyicy9 said:
Andy Holland":29kyicy9 said:
Kevin_Dacombe":29kyicy9 said:

michaelfoot2.jpg

I accept the right of people to print and read what they want (within the bounds of the law), but I don't accept therefore that I have to be tolerant of views that I find utterly reprehensible and that, in my mind, peddle a filthy brand of gutter politics of greed, envy and prejudice. Any more than some people will doubtless be I ntrolerant of my left wing views. It's about what I think is right, and the Daily Mail is not it. Period. So up yours Mr Survey man.[/quote]

A cogent, logical argument well presented.