End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Despite the poor timing of the event and not being crowned champions there was still a very good crowd.
All that was missing was a speech from Adams.

There's also a future quiz question - what Argyle player suffered relegation on a Saturday and then celebrated promotion two days later? :)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3jdp8iz1 said:
Despite the poor timing of the event and not being crowned champions there was still a very good crowd.

There's also a future quiz question - what Argyle player suffered relegation on a Saturday and then celebrated promotion two days later? :)

Adams has just done an excellent speech at the evening event, as have Bradley and McCormick.

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
PL2 3DQ":2rcfkxg3 said:

Louis Rooney :think:

Jul 29, 2010
meetoo":3r1gw5mi said:
Ottawa Green":3r1gw5mi said:
Mr. Hallett is there at HP with one of those new open deck buses

1494259577695638.jpg

Picture courtesy of the Herald
Is there a hidden message between that bus and the "new" grandstand?
There'd be a historic president. At one stage in Home Park history, possibly after Hitler had dine his worst in WW2 and flattened the old grandstand, Argyle did in fact use a double decker bus as changing rooms for a while.

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":84vuy155 said:
Crowds building a bit.

Unfortunately there are a bunch of blokes on Royal Parade in suits singing we hate Argyle, Exeter fans? Pompey fans? Embarrassing either way.

Saw that lot, Cobi. They were Uni lads celebrating winning something I believe and singing we hate Marjons. Complete with plenty of drunken choice language with kids around. Classy...

Oct 24, 2010
Nobby":oyuf85fr said:
For those of us who didn't attend last night - anything of note in the speeches at Pavilions?
No but Adams spoke well. He said his five favorite games of the season were the two against Liverpool, beating Newport 6-1 to clinch promotion and the two wins against Exeter, which as you can imagine went down very well.

Aug 11, 2013
The Pavilions evening probably deserves a thread of its own.

I have to say I thought the event was superbly professional from start to finish. The event was very well organized. Only a photo will show how well the place was decked out. The food was top notch. The players and management mingled with the attendees and freely gave of their time for photos autographs and chats. For £25 it was excellent value. I has one of the best 'Argyle experiences' outside a match day I've had in my 38 years of following. Can't praise everyone involved enough. 5* from start to finish.

Brent thanked all the staff. He thanked in particular the volunteers and those staff who's suffered during the admin years but remained loyal. He thanked the management team. He joked about some budget (youth team budget?) as being in the top 6 of the Premier league in comparison to the other 92 clubs ... 'so no pressure Derek'. He repeated over and over about Argyle needing to not simply to be good but strive to be excellent. That mantra came out time and time again in his speech. He said he was hugely proud of being a Chairman and that the first 2 years of his chairmanship had been extremely testing and was grateful for the Counsel of his fellow directors who's helped him steer the club through choppy seas. Without revealing too much - it sounded like it took a lot out of him at the time.

Derek spoke at the end. Pride for his players. His 5 memorable games being Liverpool twice. Exeter twice ("them lot up the road", "one team in Devon", "5-0 in the two games" - he was really playing to the crowd) and the 6-1 win against Newport that sealed promotion. He made some jokes about some other managers who'd had a pop at him. Said all the right things.

There were a couple of interviews with Luke and Sonny which were an interesting insight into the season.

I'm sure I overheard Jake telling a fan he definitely wouldn't be here next year .... :sad:

Every player was more than happy to oblige with autographs and photos ... any reasonable person would have been getting fed up with the number of times they were stopped just trying to get to the loo or to the bar (Sonny's bladder control must be as good as his ball control because it took him 30 mins to get to the gents) They never showed any frustration. They were models in terms of their manners and courtesy to everyone who stopped them.

I approached DA for a photo with my daughter and he was extremely friendly and was happy chatting for 5 minutes .. joking he might get 2 days rest off ... and how he was off home (to Glasgow). Great guy and completely different to the radio and tv persona where he can come across as a bit wooden I think.

All in all a most memorable night ... even Ryan Brunt flew back from America especially for the event .. although Garita was a no show?

OnicknowlePete

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
As mentioned above very well organised event. The other nice touch was to have one of the tea ladies present Sonny with his player of the year award. Overall, the one question I would have is why not have an end of season do every year, a great night which many including myself thoroughly enjoyed, even the local politico brigade seemed happy,
Pete