England U20 international at Home Park | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England U20 international at Home Park

C

Cobi Budge.

You could pick out the daytrippers, firstly they are always the ones making a fuss about sitting in the exact seat on their ticket getting the stewards to move people who sit there week in week out. Secondly they also have a tendency to arrive quite late and leave quite early, meaning the fuss is amplified as everyone has already sat down and there's a lot of getting up and blocking people's views. Thirdly, the sandwich box, the sandwich box is the identity badge of the daytripper, meaning whoever is unfortunate enough to be sat near them spends the game holding nostrils to block out the smell of egg. And finally, the nattering, the nattering comes about once they remember why they are daytrippers in the first place, they realise football really isn't for them and choose to pretend they are in a pub or restaurant, the lady infront of me today spent 90 minutes talking about someone named Cindy & her wedding.

And there you have it, the daytripper observed in their, well, unnatural environment, I'm off to get a job with the nature channel, Attenborough watch out :wink: :lol:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Johndelve":1pudutj8 said:
PAFC94":1pudutj8 said:
Where are this lot usually on a Saturday? Wish they'd turn up for the games that really matter.
If we get to the play off final I'm sure you will find we have 30,000 lifelong supporters who have never missed a game :lol:

Bristol City v Walsall....JPT Final...... Attendance 72,000... you could also ask where did that lot all come from...or is it a westcountry thing that people only come out for highdays and holidays....

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Ottawa Green":83qbirtq said:
£34,218 x 23 = £787,014

£140,000 x 23 = £3,220,000

£3,220,000 - £787014 = £2,432,986

what is £32,986 amongst friends. :whistle:

"A loss of over £2.4 million", the word over was to compensate for my rounding adjustment, clever clogs :greensmile:

C

Cobi Budge.

Agree it was a great attendance Paul but the atmosphere itself was absolutely dismal, which is a shame, could have been much better, get the feeling a drum would have helped.

Feb 23, 2008
I thought the atmosphere was awful for a crowd so large!

Definitely a lot of Home Park first timers, people asking which stand their ticket was for outside, not knowing which stand that was etc.

Our u20s looked quite technically gifted but decision making wise they were quite poor I thought. But it's a development level so I guess that's why.

To answer the where are all these people normally brigade, it's a Sunday, it's a national team, their first appearance here since 1989, it was 3 quid to get in.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Sue Pollard":28jw1uar said:
pilgrimmike1":28jw1uar said:
Does anyone know how we do as far as the gate money is concerned or do the FA cream most of it?

Not much for this one by the sounds of it Mike.

The Pilgrims' owner and chairman admitted the international fixture would not make much money for the club itself, but thought it would provide prestige.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Argyle- ... story.html
Cheers Sue, I thought as much. Prestige is good but pounds in the bank is better :D

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
maybe they should have charged £20 a head then after all.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Cobi Budge.":1s08ikrh said:
You could pick out the daytrippers, firstly they are always the ones making a fuss about sitting in the exact seat on their ticket getting the stewards to move people who sit there week in week out. Secondly they also have a tendency to arrive quite late and leave quite early, meaning the fuss is amplified as everyone has already sat down and there's a lot of getting up and blocking people's views. Thirdly, the sandwich box, the sandwich box is the identity badge of the daytripper, meaning whoever is unfortunate enough to be sat near them spends the game holding nostrils to block out the smell of egg. And finally, the nattering, the nattering comes about once they remember why they are daytrippers in the first place, they realise football really isn't for them and choose to pretend they are in a pub or restaurant, the lady infront of me today spent 90 minutes talking about someone named Cindy & her wedding.

And there you have it, the daytripper observed in their, well, unnatural environment, I'm off to get a job with the nature channel, Attenborough watch out :wink: :lol:
Spot on lad. Post (or rant maybe) of the day. If I did not know your age Cobi I would have thought this was straight out of the Grumpy Old Men programme - lol. Be prepared if we get to Wembley to explain to all those with their new Argyle scarves which team is the one they are following and to keep answering the questions like "who is the number 27".

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrimmike1":32iwwtf5 said:
Does anyone know how we do as far as the gate money is concerned or do the FA cream most of it?

The FA rented the stadium for the day. The only benefit 11,000+ turning up for Argyle would be ancillary sales around the ground I guess.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":2zq3v7w9 said:

It is interesting to read that it is regular fans who think it is okay to sit anywhere they want despite what is on their ticket whereas the daytrippers seem to know the rules.

Wembley is going to be a rather chaotic place in a couple of months time when the regular divisions of the Green Army turn up and want to sit anywhere they darn well please.