Errington v Sheridan | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Errington v Sheridan

Oct 11, 2014
This is how I see it

A Fan is someone who go to a number of games in a season, but unable to get to all of them for various reasons (distance, work commitments etc)

A supporter, is someone who supports the club through thick and thin, and who will turn up to every game regardless of circumstances. Another term is super fan. These fans will also ensure that work doesn't interfere with football

A Glory fan is one of those that 95% percent of the time support the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea etc etc, but as soon as Argyle are brinking on promotion, or a big cup tie is announced, will then rock up to home park.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Rich McLean":2wb5nebz said:
This is how I see it

A Fan is someone who go to a number of games in a season, but unable to get to all of them for various reasons (distance, work commitments etc)

A supporter, is someone who supports the club through thick and thin, and who will turn up to every game regardless of circumstances. Another term is super fan. These fans will also ensure that work doesn't interfere with football

A Glory fan is one of those that 95% percent of the time support the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea etc etc, but as soon as Argyle are brinking on promotion, or a big cup tie is announced, will then rock up to home park.

And then you have those who fit into neither of those brackets. I turn up to Argyle when I can, but can't justify a season ticket due to work purposes. I travel away a few times a season, not as much as I used too. But I also make no secret of the fact that I also support Arsenal. I watch all of there games on TV, I went to the FA Cup semi final last year, and I refer to them as 'we/us', just as I do Argyle. I grew up supporting Arsenal and not Argyle and made the concious choice to go to Argyle games when I was old enough to go with my friends and I had a season ticket from then on, until recently.

All of this doesn't make me any less of an Argyle supporter than anyone else and frankly I think arguments over who is a bigger fan/supporter, are all pretty pathetic! (This isn't directed at anyone before anyone takes it the wrong way).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree with all of what you've said Nobby apart from the last paragraph.

How can someone claim to be an Argyle fan when they A) Live in Plymouth B) Don't attend and C) Come back when we're better?

Most people have feelings for another club, but as I said when any Janner refers to 'you' when talking about Argyle is a prat as far as I'm concerned. Also, when some Janner with a Man Utd scarf says something like 'I see you lost again on Saturday' how does that work?

It's all about opinions mine is, unless you watch the club at Home Park when you are able, you are not an Argyle fan, end of!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Do we have to put labels on people at all? Can we not just use the good old fashioned class system an accept our positions within it.

"I look down on him because he missed a home game this season", "I look up to him because he called in sick at work to travel up to Carlisle on a cold Tuesday night", "I am an lower upper class fanatic"

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I am an lower upper class fanatic

No you are Cornish

giant_hand_six_fingers.png

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":th5i0luc said:

How can someone claim to be an Argyle fan when they A) Live in Plymouth B) Don't attend and C) Come back when we're better?

Most people have feelings for another club, but as I said when any Janner refers to 'you' when talking about Argyle is a prat as far as I'm concerned. Also, when some Janner with a Man Utd scarf says something like 'I see you lost again on Saturday' how does that work?

It's all about opinions mine is, unless you watch the club at Home Park when you are able, you are not an Argyle fan, end of!

I feel sorry for the plastic fans. They never experience the extreme highs & lows (OK mainly lows) they don't know what passion and loyalty is really like. All the lows are worth it for the occasional highs. I cant forget Fletchers goal in front of the away end last min away to Shrewsbury when the club was on its knees. He came to us and started kissing his badge. One of my favourite Argyle moments. A plastic just wouldn't get it.
For me the gloss is taken off the 'Big Argyle days' when I look around and see them all celebrating (20,000 v QPR) and wonder where they have been all season. You know they will disappear soon enough.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":15su2nm4 said:
IJN":15su2nm4 said:

I feel sorry for the plastic fans. They never experience the extreme highs & lows (OK mainly lows) they don't know what passion and loyalty is really like. All the lows are worth it for the occasional highs. I cant forget Fletchers goal in front of the away end last min away to Shrewsbury when the club was on its knees. He came to us and started kissing his badge. One of my favourite Argyle moments. A plastic just wouldn't get it.
For me the gloss is taken off the 'Big Argyle days' when I look around and see them all celebrating (20,000 v QPR) and wonder where they have been all season. You know they will disappear soon enough.

Blimey, I agree with you, a nice post. That day at Shrewsbury was one of the best ever, a fan of a top Premier League club would never experience that feeling. By rights we shouldn't have started that season and not have a kit to play in, you have to experience the real lows to enjoy the relative highs.