Fans Forum with Argyle board 25th October (with video) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Forum with Argyle board 25th October (with video)

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
If it drops out hit refresh, it comes back pretty quickly

Aug 15, 2008
I missed the point about the new grandstand. All I keep hearing is "upgraded Grandstand" not new ......

Dec 3, 2005
Verte":30zt3xcy said:
I missed the point about the new grandstand. All I keep hearing is "upgraded Grandstand" not new ......

Well it would make some sense - continue the 'horseshoe' to both ends of the Grandstand and totally refurbish the main stand - new seats - rip out the media sheds - and build out the back off the stand - new toilets - new boardroom - new changing rooms - well new everything. But then keep the classic - unique stand - that will make Home Park different from all the new stadiums - which look the same.

Dec 7, 2006
No bleddy thanks! The Grandstand is nothing but a decrepit relic from a bygone era that needs pulling down pdq. It has absolutely NO redeeming qualities whatsoever, especially asthetically, imho. Refurbish it? For Gods sake why?! It'll probably be way cheaper to build a completely new, modern one anyway. Besides, I rather liked the design of the proposed structure with the block corners - its a smart, elegant and individual idea ( even though it is a tad small) that would set HP apart from most other grounds.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I understood it that an unnamed partner (PCC presumably) would be organising a new grandstand (roughly similar to the one originally planned) but that this would be a separate entity to any other new developments which might be built on HHP (which would be a Phase Two).

I don't think it was meant that the new grandstand would simply be a refit of the current stand.

Oct 24, 2010
The coverage at that point was a bit scrappy but it appears HHP is a dead duck, at least for the time being, and there are unfinalised plans to build the stand in conjunction with a partner, they did not say who but,, presumably, PCC. It will be a similar capacity but with scope for expansion.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It came across as a positive meeting.
Focusing in not only the loss of £1.4m to December 2013 but also the fantastic achievement of reducing so much debt in such a short space of time which has also improved again in the last 10 months.

It's sometimes too easy to take notice of the negative rumours and stories when there is a vacuum of information coming from the club, it's always better to get the facts and opinions from the horses mouth.

The lack of communication from the club was one of the issues brought up and it was mentioned that the media tools are there - a good readership of the club website and a Twitter account that attracts more followers than most Football League clubs - but perhaps these media tools are not being used in the correct way.

The add-ons and clauses for the Hourihane deal will see us financially well rewarded if Barnsley ever sell him or win promotion.

It's now grandstand first and HHP development second.

The abuse of Luke McCormick by away fans at Home Park and at away grounds was raised. The club have made their feelings known to other clubs, particularly Exeter but McCormick himself doesn't want to make a fuss about it.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
PL2 3DQ":1dtenfdi said:
It came across as a positive meeting.
Focusing in not only the loss of £1.4m to December 2013 but also the fantastic achievement of reducing so much debt in such a short space of time which has also improved again in the last 10 months.

It's sometimes too easy to take notice of the negative rumours and stories when there is a vacuum of information coming from the club, it's always better to get the facts and opinions from the horses mouth.

The lack of communication from the club was one of the issues brought up and it was mentioned that the media tools are there - a good readership of the club website and a Twitter account that attracts more followers than most Football League clubs - but perhaps these media tools are not being used in the correct way.

The add-ons and clauses for the Hourihane deal will see us financially well rewarded if Barnsley ever sell him or win promotion.

It's now grandstand first and HHP development second.

The abuse of Luke McCormick by away fans at Home Park and at away grounds was raised. The club have made their feelings known to other clubs, particularly Exeter but McCormick himself doesn't want to make a fuss about it.
Thank you for your usual level-headed, factual report.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
There was a question raised regarding the idea of using incentives and promotions in order to push attendances for games such as the Portsmouth match. This wasn't dismissed by Starnes, but they noted how cautious they were to release discounts in order to not upset season ticket holders - a perfectly reasonable statement.

However, there's no reason that season ticket holders couldn't benefit from these promotions also. Kids for a quid for example, for the standard public that would be £20 for the adult and an extra quid for the child (and I don't believe this should be an offer limited to the family enclosure, while they do a good job, it should be a choice for fans) whereas if a Season Ticket holder wanted to benefit from this offer then they could have the child come in for just a quid in addition to their already paid for ticket. Or if there were to be discounted prices across the board, say adults for £10-£15 for the Portsmouth match, then Season ticket holders may benefit in having the option to buy an additional adult ticket for perhaps half the promotional price?

That way more people are encouraged to attend, through season ticket holders or otherwise, and there are promotions in conjunction with general public offers that extend to the devoted few thousand. I know that other clubs have done similar to this already and it has been well received.

Dec 3, 2005
I thought the video of the meeting was being put on Youtube after the game against Cheltenham?

Obviously not right after the game, maybe next week :)

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
djg145":266kuvh0 said:
I thought the video of the meeting was being put on Youtube after the game against Cheltenham?

Obviously not right after the game, maybe next week :)

Think I saw somewhere it would be on YouTube about 7ish.