Fans On The Pitch | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans On The Pitch

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
12thGreen":30hwsrp2 said:
Don't know why pitch invasions have to be frowned upon. I think their a great way to celebrate success and create memories - especially for younger fans like me who have never had a real chance to do it and with this being our first successful season in years..

I've 'invaded' a few pitches when I was younger--in those days it was allowed. These days, for better or worse, it isn't--and a club in Argyle's financial predicament cannot afford to run the risk of being fined. The lads who got on the pitch today (16/17 years old?) weren't doing it as an outpouring of emotion at the club's potential play off position--they were doing it because they were showing off to their mates/drunk/trying to look hard. The stewards actually did pretty well and the police were taking a shed load of video evidence--there was also a bit of minor 'noise' outside the ground with about a dozen, I think, home supporters, but they were easily handled by the police.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Fergy":hadxsxh1 said:
I was referring to the fans on the pitch, not the needless vandalism.

Agree with that.

Although the prat who ran on before the game over should be banned until 2078 in my view.

Dec 20, 2011
So do Hartlepool get deduction for fans on the pitch today? Or Shrewsbury???

Ban the tool who ran on during play For 5 years.

If we win 4-0 in the play off first match what then???

Maybe common sense may prevail. Oh. Hold on ;-)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I have never understood the necessity of fans who need to go onto the pitch to celebrate.

When you win promotion at Wembley next month, will your celebrations be any less because the stewards won't let you do them on the pitch?

May 1, 2011
rawleyboy":xfrr1nmd said:
Newcastle were allowed 2000 pitch invaders to celebrate their promotion...a few over exuberant argyle fans get boos......and a official warning ...all bull....to me . Felt like joining them
Tough guy.

Apr 15, 2008
London
PicassoPigeon":2dsnwpiy said:
Why even have soap dispensers at football? Does the average football fan use soap after a wee?

Yes. Just because you're at a match doesn't mean you have to be unhygienic.

As for the pitch invaders. They're oiks but there were only a few of them and by the looks of them, they could do with the exercise anyway, no real harm done.